Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it time to add rows 110 and 120 to the talent trees?

Title says it all. Since we are losing a bunch of stuff with the loss of our weapons, would you guys like to see 2 new rows in the talent tree to choose from?

They'll probably make it 1 more row at 115 to keep the 15 levels per talent thing.

I'd love new cool spells and animations to spice up classes, but we already have too many talents (many of which are outright useless) for a lot of specs.

They could probably baseline and cut half the current talents and nobody would care. Adding more rows would probably just add to the problem for most specs.

It would be way better to just hand out some new baseline spells/passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    They'll probably make it 1 more row at 115 to keep the 15 levels per talent thing.
    I like this idea. Gives them a place to park the Artifact Weapon ability and two other talents for most specs.

Cant belive I havent even thought about this or heard anyone ask Blizzard about it

I would say yes, It does sound like a good idea imo but I have a feeling it will only be a 115 row if it happens
    Sounds like something to post repeatedly during Beta
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2017-11-16 at 05:55 AM.

Honestly, if artifact abilities are removed and / or we have to sacrifice a talent row to get it back + all legendaries gone without baking in, every spec is gonna be insanely barebone. Another talent row would be nice, but it won't be enough on its own anyway.

I don't think there will be a 120 talent. 120 talent are the Azerite infused armor pieces.

Don't see them adding talent rows anymore. They might rearrange when you learn what row but never add anymore. What's lost with artifacts will be with the Azerite progression system.

we'll probably get 115

between lack of new talents and the scaling system i'm not sure why we keep gaining levels..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I thought about this for the three golden traits we'll lose with the artifacts, but there was a very clear priority early on in Legion of which gold trait to go for first. So if you added those 3 traits to a new talent line people would all just grab 1 and never use the other two, ever.

I do think alot of artifact functionality will become baseline for classes, but some really don't make sense outside of the weapon.

Things like the warriors "cleave does shadow AoE if it hits 3 or more targets".... I mean it makes sense using this cursed sword, that was corrupted by a void creature, but it doesn't really make sense as a baseline effect on cleave for all warriors does it? I'm sure there is plenty of examples like this, where an effect was added because it made sense with the weapon but otherwise is not something you'd expect a class to have.

However we do know at least Sin rogues are getting poison bomb baseline on eviscerate in BfA, so its definitely something blizzard are planning I guess.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing the 115(120) trait will be your artifact trait. That way they don't have to redesign the classes again. Marksman would get Windburst at 120 and Beast Master would get Haiti.

maybe, i wouldn't put it past them just to scrap it's current implementation and do something different again though.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They skipped 10 from 90 to 100, so maybe 90, 105 and 120.

I enjoy the Order Hall and Chromie talent trees. Not to simply or remove anything, but having two talents per row, with one at the end (depending on level bracket if more advance than Chromie's for example), seems like it would make talent trees more intriguing and offer far better options like activate abilities, rather than all these passives.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'd love new cool spells and animations to spice up classes
    We just got a shit load of new animations in legion for nearly every class.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No OP, I have no desire for Blizz to take even more of my baseline abilities away and spread them out over another two rows of talents.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Yeah, I really hope they spice up the current talent trees. Talent changes has always been one of my favourite system changes with every new expansion. Even if it is a slight change. I won't mind if they reduce the columns (from 3 to 2 as some people said) and instead have new talents more often, like every 5 levels or every 10 levels atleast. 1 talent every 15 levels is kinda boring (even with fast leveling). Especially for some classes where you have like an entire row of CC abilities (which as a casual PvE player I rarely ever use) - for example Retri's (Fist of Justice/Repentance/Blinding Light) row... I mean, it's probably the best talent row for a pvp player, but I always feel underwhelmed when I get a choice of 3 CC abilities in a talent row. I want talents that change your gameplay or give you nice and fun effects (I really like utility stuff or cool-animated and powerful attacks - examples being Divine Steed/Cavalier and Whirling Dragon Punch, Bladestorm, etc)

It would be nice but I don't think blizzard could be trusted to do this without taking more away, which seems to be their current trend.....give one but take 2.

They already baked some artifact skills on the trees, completely ruining the balance of that row. Check the fire mage tree for instance. Now we have Alex. Fury, Flame On, PHoenix Flames.

Who will NOT take PF? Its BS

- - - Updated - - -

After the QA i dont know if they will add something like this. Ill need to wait and ask in the next one.