Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you have shitty internet I don't want you in my group. Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The shitstorm it would cause would be crazy. Say I had to run my daughter to the ER and had to drop group. We are all said and done 12-13 hours later and I want to play to wind down but cannot. I understand my actions inconvenienced 4 others, but it would be a major headache for Blizzard to try and come up with fair rules that account for all situations.
    If your daughter had to go to the ER, the last thing on your mind would be World of Warcraft. And for the rest of the day, even if she turned out to be okay.

Say I had to run my daughter to the ER and had to drop group.
    I doubt a single tank in the history of dungeon running left group because he had to run his daughter to ER.

And even if that was the case, you can handle your 12 hour block in exchange for 1000000 others who got punished rightfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

In your case, I'm not saying he had a power outage. I'm sure they left especially because of wipes, but there is no way to definitively prove that.
    There isn't, that's right. So we should penalize the first person to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Should also be counted as % of m+ left rather than amount

I have a high amount of m+ left as I often have internet outages,however I do a lot of m+ so it's only a very small portion(around 2%)
    Someone who left 10 m+ out of the 50 they did should be punished more than someone who left 10 m+ out of the 500 they did
    Again, same issue. Someone who rarely does m+ would be disincentivized to do the content if they are experiencing larger debuffs than everyone. What if I did 2 m+ but had to bail on the thirs one for an IRL issue. By your reasoning, I should have a large debuff. If that happened, the player would just stop doing them completely. Sure some people will be okay with this, but Blizzard would not do that to the casual playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    I have powerline too and no problem at all which type to you use?

And the rest of you, you are right didn't think about the pull the ethernet my fault
    TP-Link AV 500 Nano.
    TL-PA4010KIT.
    Two plugs, one near cable router, other near PC in upstairs bedroom and each connected to the device with an ethernet cable.
    When it crashes I just completely lose my connection to the router, and while it can occasionally recover itself it is usually quicker to switch it off and on again at the wall at my PC end.

No consistency, can happen 8 times in an hour or not for days that I noticed.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-16 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    Lets say we agree to that. What would the penalty be? Would it go up with each occurrence? Does the timer ever drop back down? As was brought up earlier, many people would just not log on for that time and that is less hours played for Blizzard.

Unless you are saying it should be 12-24 hours of in-game time which would be an even bigger mess, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    This is just naive...

If you turn off your router, no software on earth can see how you left...
    What they mean is it has different messages for someone closing TS or losing internet connection. The same could be applied to wow, if someone just Alt +f4's/clicks leave group/logs out that would be detectable that it was just a d/c. Issue is, like others have said, someone can just unplug the router/ethernet cable etc and there'd be no way to know if it was them pulling it or an actual connection issue. But I suppose it would catch the few lazy/stupid people the just logout or whatever. Not really worth the effort for the few it would catch though and even then how would you know the difference between the game crashing and someone Alt + f4ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I doubt a single tank in the history of dungeon running left group because he had to run his daughter to ER.

And even if that was the case, you can handle your 12 hour block in exchange for 1000000 others who got punished rightfully.
    There are plenty of other legitimate reasons to leave, or people just have shit internet, or anything else. Blizzard don't want to punish people who have good reasons to leave, even if it means they're letting bad apples go through.

Not to mention, you're vastly exaggerating the amount of people who leave. I haven't had anyone leave the groups I've joined in months, unless it's been agreed on

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

Normally I agree with this thinking and would be fine for penalties if there was a way to actually implement it fairly for the entire player base.

I guess another question I'd have is how rampant of a problem is this? Is this an actual systemic problem or would it be inconveniencing many for the crimes of a few? I honestly don't know since I rarely m+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Not to mention, you're vastly exaggerating the amount of people who leave. I haven't had anyone leave the groups I've joined in months, unless it's been agreed on
    Thank you for that. That is what I had assumed, but wanted some confirmation of that thought.

Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss (due to dps not cc enough) and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's especially sucks when this happens. /rant
    Some people join a run expecting to be there for a set amount of time. If a dungeon should take an average of 30 minutes or less and you have to leave for work in 45 minutes and you haven't brushed your teeth and you leave after 40 minutes in the dungeon well, people shouldn't of sucked so bad that you had to leave. A simple remedy is Git Gud.

The problem wasn't the tank leaving the problem was group members being bad tbh. Be mad at the others not the leaver.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Some people join a run expecting to be there for a set amount of time. If a dungeon should take an average of 30 minutes or less and you have to leave for work in 45 minutes and you haven't brushed your teeth and you leave after 40 minutes in the dungeon well, people shouldn't of sucked so bad that you had to leave. A simple remedy is Git Gud.
    This is another really good point, minus the git gud at the bottom. The game is extremely time friendly now and it is possible that someone cannot commit to wipes over and over. To be banned from the activity when you are free again would not be an ideal player experience.

if there are specific expectations beyond just the timer, or in content where there isn't one then those should be made clear in advance.
    If you are picking people not meeting some requirement that they aren't aware of, then it isn't always them at fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So he just sits in group and goes afk. A random person who has contributed decides its going nowhere and leaves. BAM deserter debuff.

Your idea is shit.

Heres an idea, stop trying to implement systems that absolve you of the responsibility to properly vet your groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    BTW, healing is the easiest job. If it's hell, it means your group is shit. When you heal in a group of decent players (because decent is doing everything right) you barely have to heal anything,
    But we're talking here about random pugs. Not full guild groups or elite pugs with high m+ score pushing keys where everyone did these dungeons 500 times over on all affixes and live and breathe m+. Your average pug will have 940 ilvl in group finder window and then be unable to dodge Harbaron's scythe. Then healer has to cover for their crap. It's especially "fun" this week since it's grievous affix.

Again, same issue. Someone who rarely does m+ would be disincentivized to do the content if they are experiencing larger debuffs than everyone. What if I did 2 m+ but had to bail on the thirs one for an IRL issue. By your reasoning, I should have a large debuff. If that happened, the player would just stop doing them completely. Sure some people will be okay with this, but Blizzard would not do that to the casual playerbase.
    Was just a thought that I threw out there,but yeah the system as a whole would be hard to get right

7+ Year Old Account
    I've only been the first person to leave a pug a handful of times, all due to toxicity reasons in the group. It's insane to think that Blizzard should implement a system that would force people to stay in groups that either constantly wipe or are toxic just so they aren't flagged as a leaver and prevented from joining a new group.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Lets say we agree to that. What would the penalty be? Would it go up with each occurrence? Does the timer ever drop back down? As was brought up earlier, many people would just not log on for that time and that is less hours played for Blizzard.

Unless you are saying it should be 12-24 hours of in-game time which would be an even bigger mess, imo.
    I'm saying give the first person who leaves, a 24hour debuff where they can't enter a mythic. If that is too strong a punishment (Personally I don't think so), then like another mmo user suggested, give them a debuff that (preferably lasts the remainder of the week) that warns others that this person left a mythic before completion. I think these are both great ideas, and have no idea why blizzard hasn't implemented at least one of them already.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem wasn't the tank leaving the problem was group members being bad tbh. Be mad at the others not the leaver.
    So don't join a random mythic group if you only have 45 minutes until you have to leave for work. The whole "git gud' shtick is tired "everyone else makes mistakes but me"

You're saying the guy who gave up and left (screwing the group) after a couple wipes, isn't part of the problem? Mental gymnastics ensue.

Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss (due to dps not cc enough) and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's especially sucks when this happens. /rant
    Join a guild that regularly does mythic+? There are even some guilds that doing mythic+ is their mission. That way you you can find dependable people to help you with your key.

Deleted
    LF 2 dps for m+12, fast run!

DPS joins.
    Everyone zones in, run starts.
    Tank, healer and 1 dps make a campfire and go afk.
    2 dps now have debuff because they left that group.

Its easy to abuse any system. Debuff would do more harm than good.