Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I mentioned it below that with examples as well. I separated those because paladins are already confirmed, everything else is speculation, but they also have examples in Dark Iron places.
    Oh, interesting, I didn't realize they were actually confirmed-confirmed! That's good!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I may be mixing up my trolls in terms of sneakiness. But Dark Iron mages have a pretty big presence in game already, Dark Irons are the ones who trained actual dwarves to be mages in Cataclysm.
    which is why this allied race is BS because dark iron is already apart of the alliance, this should be a skin not an external allied race.

I demand Zandalari Paladins. They already have them in game, why not playable?

Zandalari
    i think they will have paladins... (and i hope we will see their temple) but who knows (if most of them were killed during war with the Blood God)
    Paladins (also)
    and you know... after reading This... this sound not like Warlock, but more like DH O_o he absorbing demons O_o Also DK should be too, cause well... Zim'Torga and Dubra'Jin

Dark Iron
    Honestly even after they probably confirmed this, i don't see them as paladins... Okay maybe some sort of paladins of flame (wich won't happen, unless they will add something like "Libram of Flame" to them so their abilities will look fiery), but Light... doubtfull. Monks probably yes, rogues, warriors, mages, warlocks too. Priests... i think yes but mostly because of shadow (ragna was servant of the old gods after all). Death Knights... too hard. I don't know if arthas was able to fight them (just too far from lordaeron and Dalaran) so very hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Oh, interesting, I didn't realize they were actually confirmed-confirmed! That's good!
    Yeah, it was mentioned as an example at Blizzcon when Ion was speaking about being able to race-change or boost to the new Allied Races.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

On the Dev interview, no Dark Iron Druids were confirmed.

Interestingly, he brought it up as an example of why Alliance might feel slighted of the class choice available... and NOT "if you are Horde, you might have wanted more Paladin options". So yeah, Zandalari Paladins confirmed (not really tho).

So Dinodruids are not happening.
    Oh because bears and cats are so fitting Zandalari race theme, especially since their whole culture and industry are based on reptiles and dinosaurs!
    I really wanna see how they're going to explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post
    Oh because bears and cats are so fitting Zandalari race theme, especially since their whole culture and industry are based on reptiles and dinosaurs!
    They could use jaguar as a cat form, considering the zandalari influences, it would make sense.

Now bear and, especially, moonkin is just lollore and laziness.

Deleted
    Blizzard said they dont want to make dino forms for Dinomancers.
    So they can scrap Zandalari druids, cat / bear forms make no sense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    They could use jaguar as a cat form, considering the zandalari influences, it would make sense.

Now bear and, especially, moonkin is just lollore and laziness.
    Did you mean 'aztec' influences? Probably fitting, and yes, there are Loa of Bear (Nalorakk and Rhunok) but they are of Amani and Drakkari tribes Loa. Same with other Loas, Zandalari have only spiritual or animalistic based on dinosaurs Loa (of what we know).

If I were looking for another reason besides laziness, it's a precedent - a fact that will be brought up in numerous other races' requests to give them more specific druid option, which is absolutely OK, since cat worgen feral are already a disgrace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    So they can scrap Zandalari druids, cat / bear forms make no sense for them.
    Exactly. Better nothing than a Zandalari moonkin.

time for mourning dinomancers is past

lets put all hype engines on zandalaradins

I am one of those people that keep the rule "If you can't do something right, then don't start at all". So I'd rather for them to not do Zandalari druid at all if it's gonna be a half-product similar to Darkspear forms (only bear form was high quality, catforms has plenty of issues, and batform is using outdated vanilla model).

Zandalari out to be dinomancers if not leave druid class to Darkspears, and focus on Zandalari Paladins, to show the difference between tribes and how they draw powers from Loa.

Or introduce Zandie druids later. Just no half-assery to be done with shit.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I am one of those people that keep the rule "If you can't do something right, then don't start at all". So I'd rather for them to not do Zandalari druid at all if it's gonna be a half-product similar to Darkspear forms (only bear form was high quality, catforms has plenty of issues, and batform is using outdated vanilla model).

Zandalari out to be dinomancers if not leave druid class to Darkspears, and focus on Zandalari Paladins, to show the difference between tribes and how they draw powers from Loa.

Totally agree, if they dont want to put the effort in to make Dinomancers then dont do Zandalari druids at all.
    Then they can better go with Zandalari Paladins and just limit the effort to a epic mount.

But Zandalari dont have Bear / Cat loa's that are the Forest Trolls, if they wanted to go that way then they had to introduce the Revantusk tribe as an Allied race then you could get away with bear and cat form.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-11-16 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Totally agree, if they dont want to put the effort in to make Dinomancers then dont do Zandalari druids at all.
    Then they can better go with Zandalari Paladins and just limit the effort to a epic mount.

But Zandalari dont have Bear / Cat loa's that are the Forest Trolls.
    *brofist*
    You can mention it on eu forums, since my account is frozen for now ( waiting for christmans discount).

But yeah, Zandalari druids out to be disappointing then. I remember how I was thrilled for troll druids in cataclysm, I was hoping to have beautiful tiger and I got a crack cats(that doesn't even match bear forms) with night elf eyebrows. >.>

I don't want to have the same disappointment.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Initially, I was so much against zandalari paladins. Now, with recent news about dinodruids, I don't really care; let all those who wants it be happy.
    Nice drawing though.

Truly disappointing to hear regarding how Zandalari Druids aren't going directly towards the Dinomancer theme. I will admit that Raptor form for Feral to replace Cat form seems a bit of a stretch even though it'd be the most likely candidate if they stuck with the theme. However, still I still think its fitting for Bear Form to be replaced with Direhorn form for Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

That's actually my point. I am beyond frustrated and not because my hype demand is neglected and Im fed with just travel form raptor in my face to be content with typical wooly predators for other forms that fit only night elves among all druid races; no, the lore is spitted upon. if you create dinosaur based race with closest and longest connection to their nature-worshipping roots then DO NOT tell us readers and players they are suddenly using bear and cat forms. not the first time, though, and I start to recall why I dropped WoW a year ago, being not able to stand the bs they turned their own universe' lore into.
    Now, its not gameplay bending to the lore, it's about lore bending to developers' laziness.

That's actually my point. I am beyond frustrated and not because my hype demand is neglected and Im fed with just travel form raptor in my face to be content with typical wooly predators for other forms that fit only night elves among all druid races; no, the lore is spitted upon. if you create dinosaur based race with closest and longest connection to their nature-worshipping roots then DO NOT tell us readers and players they are suddenly using bear and cat forms. not the first time, though, and I start to recall why I dropped WoW a year ago, being not able to stand the bs they turned their own universe' lore into.
    Now, its not gameplay bending to the lore, it's about lore bending to developers' laziness.
    Yeah I feel the same way. I am very patient person and I am not type that wants to be catered to constanly otherwise I'd get temper tantrum. I didn't expect for devs to even go with Zandalari druids, so I was quite surprised to read about it. And - just like many people here - I assumed that they'd actually go for dino theme, with that raptor travel form.

I really wouldn't mind at all, if they would scrap entire project, and just make Highmountain druids. I'd be totally fine. All I care for, just like you is for lore to be respected and for team to do their best effort.

I was always voicing my feedback when I felt those fundamental matters were done wrong.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria