Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    What the hell is a "Dew"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Still haven't ordered yet. On one hand, I want to support this "movement of the people" against the evil EA. On the other hand, I just want to do some offline play in the star wars universe with nifty graphics.
    If you are on PC, wait untill it's on EA access or... use other means.

I like how other games have been just as bad or worse but no one seems to realize that. Looking at you Hearthstone.

Im a suckers for BF games having bought all minus hardline so will probably still get this, people spending money to gain a advantage means nothing if they dont have skills so i will still destroy them, and i have enough self control to not buy a single box myself.

EA is still garbage though and i will never forgive them for fucking up Warhammer online.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I like how other games have been just as bad or worse but no one seems to realize that. Looking at you Hearthstone.
    Hearthstone is an entirely different game. You can't compare the two directly like, at all.

That being said, it doesn't mean that I'm a fan of how TCG's are monetized, either. But it's simply an extension of how they've been sold/monetized IRL (well, without the ability to buy singles, which was a godsend) since the early days of MTG etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    EA is still garbage though and i will never forgive
    just give them money

Just mind boggling how badly they could fuck up a Star Wars game. All they had to do was improve the multiplayer from BF1 and add a campaign. That's it. Shit would've sold fast and you would've got tons of money.

Nope, you got greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    just give them money
    I hope dice gets them not EA

- - - Updated - - -

Maby if battlefield had some competition i could buy a other game but im burned out on bf1 and need a new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was speaking with my nieces bf at dinner, who is sadly a CoD player, CoD is just as bad with their loot boxes, but I never heard of a big outcry. I don't pay any attention to CoD mind you.

He is fine with it, he just thinks they aren't stupid and will milk players for all they are worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone costs $60?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...19476053721088

Jason Schreier from Kotaku: Rumors swirling that EA is about to pull an Xbox One...

- - - Updated - - -

Crystal purchasing with real money is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...19476053721088

Jason Schreier from Kotaku: Rumors swirling that EA is about to pull an Xbox One...
    To add to this.

If that is the case I mite consider getting a copy.......Maybe. They would also have to fully re-tune the hero unlocks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Was speaking with my nieces bf at dinner, who is sadly a CoD player, CoD is just as bad with their loot boxes, but I never heard of a big outcry. I don't pay any attention to CoD mind you.

He is fine with it, he just thinks they aren't stupid and will milk players for all they are worth.
    CoD's lootboxes are filthy as well. But they aren't as bad as BF2's. They don't lock stats behind them, it's only cosmetics + some weapons that have the exact same stats as other weapons I believe (unless I was misinformed).
    People were upset at CoDs a couple of years ago when they were put in, and last year when Modern Warfare 1 remake had them put into it. But it's never been as bad as this outcry.

OT: I'm curious about this decision to take down the $$$ currency. I wonder if it's just temporary, or what changes are about to go into effect.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

From what I keep hearing on Twitter, shit's going down fast at EA.

And it makes sense, Disney is probably coming down hard on EA over the bad press, especially with The Last Jedi being less than a month away.

10+ Year Old Account
    We weaponized our gaming enthusiasm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    From what I keep hearing on Twitter, shit's going down fast at EA.

And it makes sense, Disney is probably coming down hard on EA over the bad press, especially with The Last Jedi being less than a month away.
    sadly, that's the mostlikely reason which is why i wouldnt hold my breath over this thing carrying over to other devs

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    The part people need to worry about is this.

The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date
    As long as shit gets balanced correctly then I don't care.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's just a temporary setback for EA. Microtransactions will be back later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it too much to ask for non RPG games to have everything available from the start, and not behind a grind wall?

Glad to see they're taking action, but I've still got some concerns.

So progression is still RNG lootboxes? That's kinda poop.

What's the rate of progression now?

When the cash shop comes back, how is that going to impact things?

Are they going to be exploring alternate venues of monetization a la skins etc?

I'm open to potentially picking it up depending on some of the responses, but I'm still real conflicted about supporting the game given what they thought was acceptable monetization for the multiplayer. That kind of shit is never acceptable, and is beyond bullshit in a premium priced title.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is it too much to ask for non RPG games to have everything available from the start, and not behind a grind wall?
    But player retention and monetization points!

Real though, I can't begin to describe my hatred for needing to "level up" and/or "purchase" unlocks for weapons, classes, attachments, vehicles etc. in games I pay full price for. If it's a F2P game like Planetside 2 or something, sure, I'll spend some time grinding or drop some cash. But if I'm dropping cash up front, especially a full $60? Fucking nope.