Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The forums are at least 17 separate echo chambers, all at war with each other.

This statement is a gross oversimplification at best.
    You're right, necessarily speaking who even needs the threads that are only generating a basic idea of neglect?

It's pointless, doesn't provide a productive solution or conversation and should simply be closed.

These threads, simply- are pointless.

Or maybe people tend to chime in on the subject they agree with...because that's how vocal minorities work.

New players may try vanilla because the huge level cap of current retail is too high. For some of those, it'll be fine, for others, it'll be a huge trap. Depends somewhat on how much they inform themselves on the differences first.

I don't agree with anyone- you all don't respect Blizzard enough for them to make their own decisions so they have to decide to listen to the player base. QoL changes are based on player experiences.

Nothing more.

Personally, I prefer Classic because I have a nostalgic relationship towards it. I still play Retail at the same time too.

Who cares? I play both.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    yea. Suppose blizzard actually removed LFR in live, no one would qq about it at all.
    I'm pretty sure a rather significant number of people would complain, actually.

And no, new players are not going to play classic over retail. By direct comparison, classic is horribly player unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    New players may try vanilla because the huge level cap of current retail is too high.
    The level cap in WoW is not an issue (110 now, 120 for BfA), since WoD and Legion came with a level boost, so it's a fair assumption to say that BfA will also come with a level boost that will instantly level their character to level 110 to go straight to relevant leveling content. And you can even do a small "test trial" of a class at 110 without having to use your boost, to get a feel for the class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The level cap in WoW is not an issue (110 now, 120 for BfA), since WoD and Legion came with a level boost, so it's a fair assumption to say that BfA will also come with a level boost that will instantly level their character to level 110 to go straight to relevant leveling content. And you can even do a small "test trial" of a class at 110 without having to use your boost, to get a feel for the class mechanics.
    New people may not know. 60 levels appears much easier to go through than 110, incoming 120. On a glance, people can go "Well, I should try the level 60 playground before the level 120 one."

And it will not at all be the same. Sure, this specific concern may be unwarranted, but for now, we don't know.

And some people do want to play through all the story.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The forums are at least 17 separate echo chambers, all at war with each other.
    Which pretty much is a mirror of society as it is today, with all the SJW,PC,Safe Space crap and what not..

- - - Updated - - -

New people may not know. 60 levels appears much easier to go through than 110, incoming 120. On a glance, people can go "Well, I should try the level 60 playground before the level 120 one."

And it will not at all be the same. Sure, this specific concern may be unwarranted, but for now, we don't know.

Will be interesting because back then getting to 60 took a hella lot longer than it takes to get to 110 now..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Which pretty much is a mirror of society as it is today, with all the SJW,PC,Safe Space crap and what not..
    And all the people who complain about those things, who are in a rival safe space echo chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    No, it implies that anyone who left could come back and there is zero evidence for the notion that any of them wouldn't. All we know, as I said was, they didn't want to play WoW anymore.
    Your statement isnt any different. There is zero evidence that they didn't just grow up and move on. There's zero evidence that they didn't get careers, into marriages, other social obligations or the like. Certainly, there are some that would come back for a Classic experience, but that'd be the exception, not the rule.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Well, I honestly doubt they won't know, considering that the "level boost" is usually very much advertised as one of the expansion's core features. Here is when Legions pre-purchase was announced:

And here is the current Battle.Net Shop page for the Legion expansion:

And all the people who complain about those things, who are in a rival safe space echo chamber.
    maybe if classic hypers would stop opening threads every 2 secs and discuss in 1 thread then in f 100 millions of threads talking how classic is better because this or that repeating themselves over and over ppl wouldnt care and got annoyed..

edit: and most of them expect classic would be free like private servers lol...but blizzard service for changing names says hi
    Last edited by Ianus; 2017-11-17 at 05:11 AM.

Well, I honestly doubt they won't know, considering that the "level boost" is usually very much advertised as one of the expansion's core features. Here is when Legions pre-purchase was announced:
    Clearly your faith in humanity is more nourished than mine is.

Clearly your faith in humanity is more nourished than mine is.
    Honestly, I think, at this point, with all the advertisement, with level boost sometimes even taking center-point, to not know about level boosts when a new expansion is announced may require conscious effort to not know such information.

Honestly, I think, at this point, with all the advertisement, with level boost sometimes even taking center-point, to not know about level boosts when a new expansion is announced may require conscious effort to not know such information.
    Dude, I've seen people complain over a confirmation window being too difficult to notice when you want to start crafting something in Warframe. First you need to start the build by clicking it in the foundry right? When you do that, there'll be a window in the middle of an otherwise darkened out UI that says "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA START THIS THING?" (not literally, but you get the point), and a button that has the confirmation word. You can still stop it there. But some people are so blind to what they're doing that they still do it, then complain to the gm's that their materials got wasted and it's like totally the devs fault that the they themselves cannot read or comprehend the world before their noses/eyes.

Ugh those instant level boosts still sicken me.
    I understand why they're there and why they're necessary to catch new people up to the current game, but it's basically admitting that 90% of the content is completely irrelevant.
    Not that leveling up from 1 would take too long, spamming lfd levels you up so fast that everything below 100 is still totally irrelevant anyway.
    There's youtube videos of people speedrunning leveling up to 100 in three hours or something absurd like that.

In vanilla?
    Hah!
    Three hours might get you to lv15, and 60 in a week is poopsock territory.

15+ Year Old Account
    New players would not really care about the level cap between 60 and 120, as there already have been some games with a level cap over 200 or even 300.

Or maybe people tend to chime in on the subject they agree with...because that's how vocal minorities work.

New players may try vanilla because the huge level cap of current retail is too high. For some of those, it'll be fine, for others, it'll be a huge trap. Depends somewhat on how much they inform themselves on the differences first.
    1-120 will be faster than 1-60. Also new players have the internet now. I'm sure they will see what others say about it.