Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?
    Because we know Blizzard never lives up to the potential?

They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

because assuming the worst has ended up being pretty dam accurate for the majority of features introduced across the last two expansions, so why expect them to change now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Warfront Alliance, Warfront Horde, T1R1 Cloth, T1R1 Leather, T1R1 Mail, T1R1 Plate, T1R2 Cloth, T1R2 Leather, T1R2 Mail, T1R2 Plate.
    Yes, but they're mostly going to look like the normal dungeon sets. Plain and boring I guess. It's just my prediction, I'm not saying that it's true, but after seeing the images you posted I think that most of them are going to look like NPCs.

People are also missing the point. Most of the art team's time with gear has had to go into making the same warlocky, priesty, druidy etc sets again and again.
    To be honest they did pretty good job with rogue sets, they did interpret it in a new way(instead of ninja - swashbuckler/pirate etc.).

By doubling down on instance and location themed gear, instead of the two leather sets we got in Legion for 5-man dungeons, you might instead see a Goblin-themed set from Kezan, a Pirate set from Freehold, troll armor from Atal'dazar, spooky armor from waycrest manor, traditional fantasy human armor from Boralus, N'zoth cultist stuff from Shrine of the Storm, desert stuff from Temple of Selthraliss, etc, etc.

Not saying don't complain if there ends up being very limited armor, but this could potentially produce a lot more variety and a lot more armor sets than tiers.
    I understand, but there won't be class uniqueness, most of the time they were making class sets to fit the raid theme(most of the wotlk sets). I don't want to have troll armor if I'm a rogue, that's highly unpractical. As I wrote above - I also don't want to look like NPC or have the same armor as druid, that looks weird.

But that's just my personal opinion.

good, if that stop to make set on shitty human but for hunced races i'm all for it. these blood sets will be awesome on my addict trasmo forsaken

Am I insane or does it feel like they're consolidating resources? That the team is shrinking and they're cutting corners.

Efficiently cutting corners, mind you, but it seems like a reduced level of effort and minimization of reduction in quality.

Titan Project 2.0 when?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    good, if that stop to make set on shitty human but for hunced races i'm all for it. these blood sets will be awesome on my addict trasmo forsaken
    It's the opposite for me. If we get that troll shit I'm going to be pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to spell all doom and gloom. Yes, we may only see a single set per armor type per raid. But maybe we see unique PvP sets, or even unique Dungeon Sets now with Mythic+ being a thing. Considering, if we only get 4 instead of 12 sets per raid, they do have time to put the other 8 somewhere else or if maybe rework some older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    "There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones."

Figure this question deserves its own discussion. How do you fell about the reduction in armor art in BfA? Unless they plan on giving pvpers unique armor again, this is honestly disappointing. Slashing the number of models nearly in half. Is the art team starved from Legion or something? They said it isnt a reduction in resources but 4-8 vs. 12 is alot less imo.

Maybe this means more allied races and faster Goblin and Worgen updates?
    I haven't heard that they fired anyone so I'm expecting them to reallocate ressources on more important things than armors that most people literally trash by xmoging over them. I really couldn't care less about new appearances, I have been throwing xmogs around over everything for like 3 years or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I understand, but there won't be class uniqueness, most of the time they were making class sets to fit the raid theme(most of the wotlk sets). I don't want to have troll armor if I'm a rogue, that's highly unpractical. As I wrote above - I also don't want to look like NPC or have the same armor as druid, that looks weird.

But that's just my personal opinion.
    You are right, but there are also literally more than 200 class sets already, and 20+ for most of the classes.

I would much rather get a nice looking desert cloth set, or a nice looking Azshara-based set, or a nice looking Kul Tiras coat than a 25th iteration of thief/rogue/shadowy assassin. There are so many armor sets in game that are rogue-like, or paladin-like, or druid-like, or basically anything but DH-like. I think it's fine for one expansion to not go that direction for once. People who really love that class aesthetic have hundreds of pieces of transmog gear to pull from--one expansion where they add a bunch of really nice looking not class based gear is probably okay.

Who knows, you might very well end up with an amazing looking rogue-ish leather set from a dungeon or raid or quest gear. The pictures I posted ARE NPCs, I'm just pointing out that those kind of high quality looking armor sets are what we're likely to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Am I insane or does it feel like they're consolidating resources? That the team is shrinking and they're cutting corners.

Efficiently cutting corners, mind you, but it seems like a reduced level of effort and minimization of reduction in quality.

Titan Project 2.0 when?
    They are being conservative with the information they provide early on. They did the same thing with Legion because people constantly whine if they talk about stuff and then change their mind during development and go in another direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    You really intimidated him into submission there by mocking his home decor. You really showed him.
    I actually lold irl, that's the first time in my years of internet that I see someone mocking another home decour as an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's the opposite for me. If we get that troll shit I'm going to be pissed.
    lol, you are pissed because some sets arent based around human? damn, im sorry for you

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol, you are pissed because some sets arent based around human? damn, im sorry for you
    Nah I just can't stand that tribal rubbish.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little ticked off at first pass, because I don't trust them with this language. In the past this has translated to they just skimp us out on content or rewards. However, if he literally means "zone" then this could be awesome.
    BAD WOLF

They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

Because the worst always comes true...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    "There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones."

Figure this question deserves its own discussion. How do you fell about the reduction in armor art in BfA? Unless they plan on giving pvpers unique armor again, this is honestly disappointing. Slashing the number of models nearly in half. Is the art team starved from Legion or something? They said it isnt a reduction in resources but 4-8 vs. 12 is alot less imo.

Maybe this means more allied races and faster Goblin and Worgen updates?
    So, thus far, Legion has added the following sets:

36 Tier Sets (including Antorus).
    36 PvP Sets (many of which are just PvE recolors, but didn't specifically count them all).
    12 Class Hall Sets
    4 Dungeon Sets
    12 Quest Sets

A total of 100 sets, including most of the recolors.

The concept presented in that interview suggests that there will be four sets, or more, for every zone (outdoor and indoor). Thus, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a spread something like:

24 Quest Sets (initially)
    40 Dungeon Sets (initially)
    4 PvP Sets (initially)
    4 Raid Sets (initially)

We know we'll get at least two additional raids, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.
    We know we'll get at least 8-10 PvP seasons, with each one adding at least 12 more sets (if we continue counting PvE-recolors as unique "sets", like Legion PvP above).
    It's likely we'll get additional dungeons, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.
    It's possible we'll get additional zones, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.

The initial total is only 72 sets, but it will increase.

There is also a noteworthy caveat, in the existing game the sets are all divided between 12 classes... meaning that any given character is usually limited to 1/12th of the totality of all sets, either as a hard rule (the recolor isn't fully available) or a soft rule (the recolor is extremely difficult to come by, like the "Mogu-themed Warrior Tier Shoulders" from MoP). In this hypothetical world they've described, players will have access to 1/4th of the existing armor sets, which is a vast improvement overall.

If you have access to 1/4 of 72 sets, you've got access to 18 sets on any given class.
    If you have access to 1/12th of 100 sets, you've got access to 8 sets on any given class.

By default, if they're able to live up to what they say, the new system will be wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't like the whole bit about being unable to design a set for say paladin that was old god themed. It smelled like bullshit and when Ion is dishing out bullshit to cover decision making, it makes me wonder what they're actually getting at. You can't convince me a team of some of the best artists in the world can't brainstorm ideas for paladin themed armor that fits the environment it comes from, like Uldir. That's why I have so much doubt over the actual quality these sets are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    So, thus far, Legion has added the following sets:

36 Tier Sets (including Antorus).
    36 PvP Sets (many of which are just PvE recolors, but didn't specifically count them all).
    12 Class Hall Sets
    4 Dungeon Sets
    12 Quest Sets

A total of 100 sets, including most of the recolors.

The concept presented in that interview suggests that there will be four sets, or more, for every zone (outdoor and indoor). Thus, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see a spread something like:

24 Quest Sets (initially)
    40 Dungeon Sets (initially)
    4 PvP Sets (initially)
    4 Raid Sets (initially)

We know we'll get at least two additional raids, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.
    We know we'll get at least 8-10 PvP seasons, with each one adding at least 12 more sets (if we continue counting PvE-recolors as unique "sets", like Legion PvP above).
    It's likely we'll get additional dungeons, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.
    It's possible we'll get additional zones, with each one adding at least 4 more sets to the game.

The initial total is only 72 sets, but it will increase.

There is also a noteworthy caveat, in the existing game the sets are all divided between 12 classes... meaning that any given character is usually limited to 1/12th of the totality of all sets, either as a hard rule (the recolor isn't fully available) or a soft rule (the recolor is extremely difficult to come by, like the "Mogu-themed Warrior Tier Shoulders" from MoP). In this hypothetical world they've described, players will have access to 1/4th of the existing armor sets, which is a vast improvement overall.

If you have access to 1/4 of 72 sets, you've got access to 18 sets on any given class.
    If you have access to 1/12th of 100 sets, you've got access to 8 sets on any given class.

By default, if they're able to live up to what they say, the new system will be wonderful.
    I would remove 36 sets right off the top as PvP are recolored Tier sets. So the PvP should not count as another set. As for the class hall sets I would only count 1 since the other 11 were recolors and slight modifications to Challenge mode sets. So if you take into account new and original sets for legion there are only 53 unique sets to Legion compared to the potential 72 to start with in BfA, all with raid tier quality unlike all of the non raid gear in Legion. Not saying to watch for what is added or not added, but this seems like it could be a good system.

I'm interested to see this, but i do miss the class fantasy armor types, but I also understand that 22nd iteration of what a priest might wear is a little tired. Couple that with how many pieces are generic looking crap in each zone and raid I'm willing to give it a shot.

I will miss some things (lets face it certain classes have always had better armor than others), but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I would remove 36 sets right off the top as PvP are recolored Tier sets. So the PvP should not count as another set. As for the class hall sets I would only count 1 since the other 11 were recolors and slight modifications to Challenge mode sets. So if you take into account new and original sets for legion there are only 53 unique sets to Legion compared to the potential 72 to start with in BfA, all with raid tier quality unlike all of the non raid gear in Legion. Not saying to watch for what is added or not added, but this seems like it could be a good system.
    Exactly. I was being extremely generous with what counted, and even then it still looks like it's possible for the BfA-style item sets to allow for more options.

I have a feeling this is a art cost cutting measure then anything else. Whos ready for some wrath of the litch king level art sets baby.