5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Reason they won't cap titanforging

"Do you really want us to kill the memes?"

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he is right that it simply does not affect the general player, but the hardcore ones that actually do get salty about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I mean, he is right that it simply does not affect the general player, but the hardcore ones that actually do get salty about this stuff.
    The general player doesn't see M10/15 and Mythic raiding, so of course this doesn't affect them.

People who do the harder content though just get screwed when their good loot can always be even better because RNG says so. It's a dumb system that really should have a cap at Mythic raiding.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The general player doesn't see M10/15 and Mythic raiding, so of course this doesn't affect them.

People who do the harder content though just get screwed when their good loot can always be even better because RNG says so. It's a dumb system that really should have a cap at Mythic raiding.
    You think of it as "Damn this loot didn't TF so its not the best!", I think of it as "Sweet this loot TF'd, awesome!" stop expecting TS and just enjoy it when it comes, that was the whole point of the system from the get go.

It's like people going out of their way to farm old trinkets for TF, sure IF you can get them it would be higher dps, but that's not the point.

They've been eating the top 1% for years. Whatever would make you think they'd stop doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You think of it as "Damn this loot didn't TF so its not the best!", I think of it as "Sweet this loot TF'd, awesome!" stop expecting TS and just enjoy it when it comes, that was the whole point of the system from the get go.

It's like people going out of their way to farm old trinkets for TF, sure IF you can get them it would be higher dps, but that's not the point.
    Except TF drops WAY too often, making it more than feasible to expect TF to be the best.

Again, a simple solution would be to keep that crap out of Mythic raiding and high-end M+ keys. That way, loot still TFs up to that level and no need to dangle the carrot in front of the people doing the difficult content. No harm to anyone, everyone wins.

PS: I bet you also were the kind of person to go "oh sweet, a garbage legendary item! I sure am happy I got this" instead of being frustrated you got crap 8 times in a row. Sorry, when 10-20% of my DPS relies on good items and I get benched on my raid team for not having them, I don't have the luxury to be so wide-eyed about it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Except TF drops WAY too often
    I'm still waiting on a TF piece of gear that didn't come from the expansion pre-event.

Except TF drops WAY too often, making it more than feasible to expect TF to be the best.

Again, a simple solution would be to keep that crap out of Mythic raiding and high-end M+ keys. That way, loot still TFs up to that level and no need to dangle the carrot in front of the people doing the difficult content. No harm to anyone, everyone wins.

PS: I bet you also were the kind of person to go "oh sweet, a garbage legendary item! I sure am happy I got this" instead of being frustrated you got crap 8 times in a row. Sorry, when 10-20% of my DPS relies on good items and I get benched on my raid team for not having them, I don't have the luxury to be so wide-eyed about it.
    Which is why they said they are going to nerf the chance of the upgrade, so it no longer appears quite as often.

The system is very easy to fix, and I don't understand how Ion hasn't done it yet. Just cap Titanforging to never be above a standard Mythic piece of loot. So if a Mythic piece is 940, it will never be above 935 if it doesn't come from Mythic. This still gives plenty of room for iLvL upgrades but doesn't screw over Mythic raiders by making them do brutally hard content and give them shit for rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting some angry rant but you caught me off guard and made me laugh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I was expecting some angry rant but you caught me off guard and made me laugh.
    No, I don't really care for getting TF/WF because the last time I got either was back during the Legion pre-expansion event.

Doesn't have an effect on me in any way, shape, or form.

Tbh I never raided for loot, loot is just a number which means shit these days since the introduction of catch up mechenics like the timeless isle gear system, which is in every expension eversince.

It is really easy to fix.

Give mythic raiders a shiny sign on top of their character saying: "Hey! N00bz, I farm mythic every other night, look at my shinies!" There. Problem solved.

Let's be honest, there is no way that you guys are bothered by one guy in a normal raid group got 1-2 titanforged items. You just want to feel special, but here I acknowledge, you really all are special snowflakes! We love you, adore you, want to be like when we grow up.

Love from non elite standard raider.

Deleted
    The "hardcore ones" generally don't give a fuck, they are 1. content to do the stuff they like doing and are good at doing; 2. have more pressing reasons for concern, like the fucked up Mythic Tomb of Soakgeras boss design.

The tryhards though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    Tbh I never raided for loot, loot is just a number which means shit these days since the introduction of catch up mechenics like the timeless isle gear system, which is in every expension eversince.
    This^

If you’re raiding for gear, let’s be real you aren’t a cutting edge raider. You’re likely a very casual try hard. Real Mythic raiders raid for the cutting edge achievement. That’s the end goal. Period. Progressing as a team, not chasing the ilvl dragon on the gear treadmill. This isn’t vanilla/tbc where having good gear meant something. That was destroyed in Wotlk when they introduced 10/25 and later heroic etc. that shit ruined the idea of full bis and all of the catch up mechanics lowered the value of gear.

Play the game and set a goal you want to achieve. Don’t get on and be a try hard chasing gear that doesn’t matter.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Of course it doesn't affect the general player. Plebs fucking LOVE getting mythic item-ilevel gear from keyboard turning their way through a couple of world quests, why on earth would they complain?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I get the min-maxing issue for people killing mythic in the first month or two, but people who don't have the gear to meet the checks after 2-3 months of farming heroic, doing mythic+, and getting some mythic pieces.. it's not the gear anymore. You don't need BiS gear to do Mistress, Avatar, or KJ - everyone just has to play their class well and execute mechanics.

The compulsion "BiS or bust" is on the players and people need to get over it. Yes, there were broken legos, etc., but you don't need a 930 eye of command or BTI to meet ToS's dps checks. The one area it's really broken was 2 piece/4 piece (~5% of your dps shouldn't depend on NH titanforges), but they're removing tier to solve it.

The real problem, which Ion acknowledged, is that mythic should be rewarding and it's not for many. However, decreasing the TF chance should fix a lot of that.

I'd like them to separate out titanforges and warforges. Part of the reason for them is to nerf the raid over time by helping people gear - you could still do that by having our current warforge chance but nerfing the TF chance. So technically "anything can happen", but you'd see a lot less 930 gear out of normal and heroic. Having more of the gear that's 5 item levels below the base of the next tier as opposed to the same or higher would make progression in both heroic and mythic feel more rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bad thing our raid encountered were people whining they wanted a tier token on a chance to TF while others still needed their 2 & 4 set.
    But people like that were easily cut from the roster though.

It's easy - they want players to go back and re-do contents for the rare super-titanforged items - both lower-tier items that could titanforge up a tier, and current-tier - even if players already have a titanforged item (it could titanforge even higher).

Or to give a positive spin - when players do those activities they can still get rewarded.

I don't see any reason why blizzard would remove that by capping titanforging.