Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is it just me or the quality of people in M+ is...lacking?

I have to leave about 8 in 10 M+ runs or so, because we can't clear past a certain boss, in a +12-13, all while I had done 16-17 keys on my alts, where I was leader.

People seem not to have the least concern about team composition, people's progress / legendaries and unless the leader knows that M+ score is irrelevant, the run is a shit-show.

I left a few runs where it was 7 minutes and we were still on the first boss, in a +12-13 MoS and this is almost the daily norm.

Is it just me or people really have no idea what they're doing?

one day people will learn ilvl doesnt = skill. Nor do achievements. One day....

Deleted
    Pick better groups /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hardly say that m+ score is irrelevant. Second to group composition perhaps, but it has been in my experience a far better indicator than ivl, which of course makes a lot of sense.

I pug my Mythic + (levels range from 9-13) on 4 different toons each week and I've never gotten a group that was so bad that I had to leave. I've had a few that didn't make the timers but most of those were from Healers internet connection dropping at the wrong time. I'm sure in a few weeks when doing a 15 is the norm the failure rate will probably go up a bit, but as of now I can't really complain.

stop thinking that m+ score or ilvl=skill

ilvl is irrelevant when it comes to how good a player is,and m+ score means even less

It doesn't help you finding better players,but at least you won't expect pugs to be any good

I pug at least 4 M+s per week on random alts anywhere from +10 to +18 and I've never once had a group that couldn't finish, but there's one common denominator in every single one of your runs that fails though, maybe check there?

I only go M+ with the same group of friends, but yes, 3/4 of them got worse.

Maybe it's just you? I rarely have issues with something as low as a +10 on any toon. Usually a double or triple chest.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    stop thinking that m+ score or ilvl=skill

ilvl is irrelevant when it comes to how good a player is,and m+ score means even less

It doesn't help you finding better players,but at least you won't expect pugs to be any good
    How can m+ score be a worse indicator than iLvl? You can get iLvl from anything, m+ score only comes from m+ (duh). Heroic ToS is also way easier than 10-15 m+ yet consistently rewards more loot of better quality. iLvl is a completely vague indicator of someone's skill nowadays, if you have a good m+ score there is a far greater chance you'll be decent. It's still no guarantee though of course.
    start9

Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    How can m+ score be a worse indicator than iLvl? You can get iLvl from anything, m+ score only comes from m+ (duh). Heroic ToS is also way easier than 10-15 m+ yet consistently rewards more loot of better quality. iLvl is a completely vague indicator of someone's skill nowadays, if you have a good m+ score there is a far greater chance you'll be decent. It's still no guarantee though of course.
    Yeah, you could end up with the guy that is carried by his guild and has a good score. Ya never know.

I do one +10 a week on my main and always do it with randoms that are 940+ and I have never had any issues. I have never looked at m+ score before nor do I care what mine or anyone elses is. Until I run into issues with not being able to complete a 10 then I may resort to m+ score.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    one day people will learn ilvl doesnt = skill. Nor do achievements. One day....
    the question is what will come first. that or the heat death of the universe .....

Deleted
    I hate the M+ system that is going on, it's like Ilvl in the fact that all you know is the person has done the dungeons before and I know people who have done a dungeon or raid many times before and have gone loads of experience and gear but still fail to do the tactic and produce results. I have had a fair few bad groups and a load of good groups, my main problem is I only do M+ maybe once or twice a week so got a low score. This makes going into the higher M+ almost impossible despite the fact that I can easily do them.

What might help is Wowlogs, more M+ logs and we could use that and show how well each person did eliminating the carried guys who have 2k M+ score from getting into those high level groups. But that's just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I do one +10 a week on my main and always do it with randoms that are 940+ and I have never had any issues. I have never looked at m+ score before nor do I care what mine or anyone elses is. Until I run into issues with not being able to complete a 10 then I may resort to m+ score.
    I second this. I think I had only one failed run in a recent memory and it was basically because it was a cancer week, coupled with cancer dungeon and a total noob tank, so it was like a perfect storm of shit.

Deleted
    Good people play with each other, usually their guildies or friends. If you're pugging randoms what do you expect?
    Beggars can't be choosers.

Should arrange a meeting of OP with the guy who made a thread just yesterday about how m+ leavers should be banned from m+, that would be an interesting bout.

In other words, water is still wet, pugging still sucks.

Did a 45 minute run of arcway +15 with a hunter who didn't interrupt one time and another hunter who interrupted 3 times the whole run and then stood in the arcane shit on the last boss and died, got b ressed and stood in force nova without trying to run through it and died again. Both were mythic ToS geared. We wiped multiple times to casts of things going off on trash. Horrible players come in all shapes, sizes and ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl doesn't mean much when anyone can get ilvl from welfare
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Never had any issues to be honest. By ow, if you’re running a lot of M+ you should have plenty of good people on your friends list to draw from. I hardly ever need to look into group finder. I add good players and ask them directly