Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/hRT59

Goes against their rules and guidelines.
    You got the rest of the conversation? Looks like a joke to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So now Twitter can control which opinions are allowed and which are not? That totally doesn't sound like fascism.
    They always could? Private businesses always could? Free market is fascism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    MMO-C doesn't apply the same rules differently, generally. The problem is less the rules and more that they aren't applied equally.

Saying "Fuck all white men" and "Fuck all black men" here will both get you infracted, but that's not the case on Twitter.

Part of that is to do with the fact that MMO-C is a more tight-knit community of course, but it also has to do with politics and optics. If some black white says "White men should be killed" there are some people actually willing to have a discussion about that, and some that might offer empathy to that point of view or try to excuse her... That shit doesn't happen when Neo-Nazi's say "All blacks should be killed"

MMO-C has nothing to gain by letting toxic and racist left-wingers roam free. Just ask Elba, or Sarahtasher, or the other far far left wingers who are frequently infracted.
    Difference is white nationalists actually go around and kill people. Some edgy twitter kids don't.

In America, the whites have the power to eliminate the blacks. The blacks do not have the power to eliminate the whites. One is a credible threat, the other isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    They should just ban the Nazis and be done with it.
    As long as they ban all the fascists and not just a portion of them
    We'd all be better off without all the antifa guys (what an ironic name btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Here's hoping they aren't selectively blind.

Oh who am I kidding, of course they'll be selectively blind.
    Half of those are jokes. Stop being such a SJW. See the irony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Half of those are jokes. Stop being such a SJW. See the irony?
    I know right. I bust a gut every time I hear someone says, "kill all the whites!"...hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    So...instead of actually addressing the issue of defining people according to your personal perceptions, you decide to address something not being debated?
    It isn't a problem if my perceptions are informed and accurate.

But, in the spirit of your logic, I'll just go with all Liberals support pedophiles, seeing as you chose not to debate it.
    I chose not to debate it for the exact same reason that I am presently choosing not to debate the merits of 9/11 conspiracy theories with my car keys.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    As long as they ban all the fascists and not just a portion of them
    We'd all be better off without all the antifa guys (what an ironic name btw)
    Antifa isn't fascist, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    It isn't a problem if my perceptions are informed and accurate.
    I doubt your perceptions are well-informed and reasoned, but if it helps you think you're right about something, opposing evidence doesn't matter.

Seems kind of silly for Twitter to do this.

/shrug

/fades into the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, it selectively removed verified status from controversial people liberals don't like. There are people they do like, fellow liberals, who post racist, vulgar, anti Semitic, bigoted crap every single day. People like Leslie Jones who has YEARS worth of Tweets where she makes racist comments against white people and instructs her Twitter followers to attack people she doesn't like.

While Twitter has a right to remove verified statuses, all they did was further prove their bias. That bias is illegal. Companies can't use their ToS, claim it's legally binding, then not equally apply that ToS to all users. When companies are selective about the rules they enforce, targeting only certain people or groups with that enforcement, they are breaking the law. Their selective enforcement becomes targeted harassment and an act of fraud.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not really. They still allow far "left" to spew their racial hatred all day long. I mean hell it's funny that Leslie Jones claimed racism in the tweets at her yet she was spewing racist tweets long before that. Double standard 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    No, it selectively removed verified status from controversial people liberals don't like. There are people they do like, fellow liberals, who post racist, vulgar, anti Semitic, bigoted crap every single day. People like Leslie Jones who has YEARS worth of Tweets where she makes racist comments against white people and instructs her Twitter followers to attack people she doesn't like.

While Twitter has a right to remove verified statuses, all they did was further prove their bias. That bias is illegal. Companies can't use their ToS, claim it's legally binding, then not equally apply that ToS to all users. When companies are selective about the rules they enforce, targeting only certain people or groups with that enforcement, they are breaking the law. Their selective enforcement becomes targeted harassment and an act of fraud.
    lol stole the words out of my mouth

Also don't forget Yusra Koghali one of BLM Canada's heads who not only spews racist tweets and facebook posts, but also by Canadian law should be arrested for hate speech, but oh no that's only for cis white hetero males right?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    I doubt your perceptions are well-informed and reasoned, but if it helps you think you're right about something, opposing evidence doesn't matter.
    The thing I find truly hilarious about this is that I'm old enough to remember when the left was accused of being a bunch of decadent, postmodernism-obsessed, mealy-mouthed moral relativists.

But, sure, let's engage in some more "What is a fascist, really?" sophistry because there is no such thing as an absolute truth and the the distinction between fact and fiction is a mere illusion created by our own ideological biases.

Except they are. Use of violence to push an agenda is practically one of the defining traits of fascism.

Definitely are

Those supersoldiers tho

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why this would be a good change. I would rather know that the actual person is making stupid and inflammatory remarks, instead of being left to wonder if they're the real person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Everyone who disagrees with adam86shadow is a fascist bigot...got it.
    WTF

The EDL are bigots ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The thing I find truly hilarious about this is that I'm old enough to remember when the left was accused of being a bunch of decadent, postmodernism-obsessed, mealy-mouthed moral relativists.

But, sure, let's engage in some more "What is a fascist, really?" sophistry because there is no such thing as an absolute truth and the the distinction between fact and fiction is a mere illusion created by our own ideological biases.
    And yet you offer up nothing to defend your position.

I'm not debating what fascism is. You are.

I'm focusing on the underpinning of what Twitter is doing, which you are very much wanting to avoid. You know you are wrong. Selectively framing information to shape an opinion or a narrative that negates evidence and proof in favor of the opposing view is by no means ethical, but if you defend this, you are a bigot.

You claim to be informed; an informed person would renounce the idea that a single perspective or narrative can be on any level of "informed".

This is the part you want to avoid and dance around because you have nothing to debate the notion with, nothing that doesn't come across as a psychopath. Only someone with their head in the sand would think that one perspective is the best way to go. Look how well that works for christians and homosexuality. Or maybe Islam and throwing gays off roofs. Allowing your perspective to framed by one view while dismissing everything else is what leads to that.

But, no. You're clearly right and I am wrong. How could I be so stupid to think that there is more than one point of view about things. Your way and the Nazi way.

Thanks for clearing that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Verifying someone or something's identity is not an endorsement...

This is absolutely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Verifying someone or something's identity is not an endorsement...

This is absolutely retarded.
    It's not an endorsement, but people view it as an endorsement. Because people are morons. And good luck explaining to a moron that it's not supposed to be an endorsement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    The policy says they are going to remove verification and even ban people for affiliating with violent groups, even if they do it outside the Twitter platform.

I wonder if they are going to ban all of the Antifa and BLM accounts?

I bet not.