Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just because you don't have enough fantasy doesn't mean they don't either.

Just like tinker is similar to engineering profession, there can very well be an alchemist, an enchanter, even a jewelcrafter class. Anything is possible, you just need some basic foundation, and the rest is just adding skills that make up a semi decent rotation.

Calculator, Mime, Alchemist, Blue Ma- oh, shit nevermind

Why have more when you can just ask for the company to pay more attention to the already existing classes

I don't think they approach expansions class first. They normally think about what would make a good game and then they look for a class that fits the theme of that expansion. I think tinker is one of the harder classes to fit into an expansion organically.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

It does take some imagination to come up with classes.
    But some games take great liberty at making a LOT of classes/heroes in their games.
    They're good places to pull inspiration from.

The best person to ask about new class ideas though would probably be someone who Homebrew DMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    That sounds terrible, honestly. Other than dealing with the tank running around and you having to try and keep up, it would screw with a lot of tanking mechanics.
    I agree so much. A healer following me around wailing on me to heal me while I'm trying to keep track of the raid, of shit on the ground, what the boss is doing... I would literally kite that person off a ledge just to kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    I don't think they approach expansions class first. They normally think about what would make a good game and then they look for a class that fits the theme of that expansion. I think tinker is one of the harder classes to fit into an expansion organically.
    That's pretty much spot-on. They added DHs in Legion because they made sense in Legion... they didn't make Legion because they were hellbent on DHs and thought 'hey we need an excuse for these guys.'

As much as I would love a Tinker class (the possibilities for mech cooldowns and explosives = bliss), what theme would fit that? It'd have to be something like, an expansion where taking back Gnomeregan plays a serious role.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Tinkerer is definitely the strongest candidate to be the next class.

-It is an established hero unit from wc3
    - Gnomes and Goblins are underrepresented and this could be a welcome flux of race representation and more variety
    - The specs would be tank (mech suit that works like d.va in terms of having two health pools and a fragile pilot with mobility)/DPS- explosives n ranged with cool little gimmicks/healer - radiation healz :P

All other classes suggested in this thread are stupid, srry to say.

blizz can add any class they want, design space is not something they need to worry
    Last edited by thebigman154; 2017-11-18 at 07:48 AM.
    Bitch Pls

instead of a new class I'd love to have new specs, the way Guild Wars 2 introduced new specs. I think it's not doable since it basically means tons of new "classes". I do think that this would be the better way to fill holes.

I'll probably never see
    -) Blademaster (sword wielding Monk spec)
    -) Shockadin (pulely ranged Paladins)
    -) Battlemage (cloth wearing melee Mage)
    -) Illusionist (melee Mage with much more active clones, basically GW2s Mesmer)
    -) ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    That sounds terrible, honestly. Other than dealing with the tank running around and you having to try and keep up, it would screw with a lot of tanking mechanics.
    Not just that, but that type of healer would only be good at 2 things. Healing a tank and fucking up mechanics.
    It does nothing for the rest of the raid, because running around like a healdless chicken to heal ranged is a waste of space, and frankly, as a tank, I would not have it anywhere around me as most of the times having a boss obstructing my view is more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc. The melee healer has no concept of mana.
    spells include such things as

backrub
    neck massage
    hand massage
    straighten posture

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post

backrub
    neck massage
    hand massage
    straighten posture
    Well, I have been joking about accupuncture rogues for years now, but Blizzard just wouldn't listen.
    Imagine the AoE with Fan of Knives <3

As much as I would bet that tinker comes next, it's hardly the last class they can add lol. Monk was out of left field, it can easily happen again.

I think my favorite part about class speculation is there's always a huge number of people who say "blizzard will never make X" just for blizzard to go ahead and make it. Demon hunter had like 50% of this forum saying blizzard can't possibly make a class out it for the year before it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Well, I have been joking about accupuncture rogues for years now, but Blizzard just wouldn't listen.
    Imagine the AoE with Fan of Knives <3
    now that's a spell

If they make the Aspects relevant again, Dragonsworn would be a strong candidate.

The new classes have always been based on the xpac theme. I wouldn't expect a new class that comes out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Nah - the original fantasy healer took wounds, illnesses and the like off the injured and took them upon themselves. They then used their own abilities to 'cure' the wounds.

So - the idea in WoW would be someone who could attack friendlies the same way a rogue can attack enemies (including AoE) - then various abilities to 'steal' wounds, diseases, poisons etc (but not curses or magic).

They would have health similar to a tank, and probably have dex as a primary stat. They would then need to time when they are taking and when they are healing.

Would be interesting game play IMO.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Paladin = ranged healer or melee dps.
    "
    But they could be melee healers. Lorewise, they are. Melee healer doesn't mean "attacking tanks" instead of bosses, just having shorter range on stronger spells, melee range defensive buffs, things like old Seal of Light (I don't think that was the name... It may not even have been a Seal, I mean the spell that healed melee attackers with every heal, which composed half of the paladin's healing meter back in TBC ), in addition to being able to take a few hits from the boss, if only for so long as to ress a real tank. Or something like Selfless Charge, a spell that would prevent a killing blow at the cost of XX% of paladin's current HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Melee healer doesn't mean "attacking tanks" instead of bosses,
    Melee healer DOES in fact mean 'attacking tanks' etc - that is EXACTLY the point of it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Melee healer was a monk wasnt it?

Deleted
    Oh cmon they just announced the new expac, and this topic is back again? Sigh.....