Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I get that animations take some work but blizzard uses the same skeletons for everything.

5 million mounts have either the proto drake skeleton or the classic-dragon skeleton. same thing for npcs. they did some work 23 years ago, now they just keep putting new skin on that. doing the same now would be quite the dissapointment.

5+ Year Old Account
    With the new Skeleton Animation Rework, specifically using the same skeleton for every PC model so that a series of pre-generated animations can be applied to all of them simultaneously while also allowing them to have some animations separate and unique, it's possible that the Zandalari and Nightborne will have unique walking animations rather than just porting over the Night Elf animations for both.

Yes. I know that the in-game models in Legion and Mists both used the Nelf skeleton. They used the OLD Nelf Skeleton, not the current Player-Model skeleton with Nelf specific animations. How do I know? Do the Court of Stars dungeon as a Demon Hunter and try to use the DH attacks. You'll get T-Posing and shitty Cata Animations for attacks rather than the new model animations.

The Zandalari and the Nightborne PC races will not be using the same skeleton as they currently do in the game. They'll use the new unified skeleton.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    Everything about male nightelves is terrible, so i'm not that happy about getting two of those as the new playable races. I really hope they dont keep the skeleton for the trolls, otherwise i'll have to play female troll for another xpac.
    Void elves are just blood elves with a different skin color and I heard the nightborne will use the nightborne models they had in Legion instead of nelf models
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Void elves are just blood elves with a different skin color and I heard the nightborne will use the nightborne models they had in Legion instead of nelf models
    i'm fine with nightborne being close to the nightelves, their stance is just a little different which makes sense and is completely okay. male zandalari trolls being nightelves is not okay though.

5+ Year Old Account
    i'm fine with nightborne being close to the nightelves, their stance is just a little different which makes sense and is completely okay. male zandalari trolls being nightelves is not okay though.
    What makes you think the zandalari use night elf skeletons? Why wouldn't they use the models and animations they made for the zandalari in throne of thunder?

5+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think the zandalari use night elf skeletons? Why wouldn't they use the models and animations they made for the zandalari in throne of thunder?
    Those were based on the Nelf model which is why people think they're going to use the nelf animations.

They're not going to. Neither will the Nightborne, exactly.

Both designs are going to be migrated to the new Player Skeleton and be given some generic animations (The new melee attacks, casting styles, and such that are global independent of your race because Class Fantasy) and some specific animations (Run/Jump/Fall/Emotes/Etc). Whether those will be Nelf animations or Troll animations or a whole new set of animations since they no longer need race-specific attacks (outside of the Autoattack setup) is unknown to players at this time.

Deleted
    downloaded the model viewer, tested male zandalari troll, compared to male nightelf, threw up, made this thread to see if anyone knew something that i might have missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that animations take some work but blizzard uses the same skeletons for everything.
    That's because rigging (AKA making the "skeletons") is the number-one hold-up in their work flow; they've said as much.

Rigging is time-consuming work that requires a great deal of testing to make sure the model doesn't explode. It can take weeks to rig a character, and animation work can't even start until the rigging is completed.

That, versus using an existing rig, which only requires a modeler to complete and texture a sound model. Now that's time consuming as well, but the animations are already completed and if new animations ones need to be created they can work with the existing rig to get a majority of the work done.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    That might have been true back in the days with the smaller team. Today their wow team has well over 200 people working on the game and it's not like they start working on expansions five days prior to blizzcon, they started working on BfA before Legion launched.

races, subraces or not, aren't a small thing like the brawler's guild and are worth spending a little more time on than on a feature of the game that's barely even played.

TBH, Horde get the short end of the stick. We get a reskin of Tauren, and don't say they aren't a reskin since they are. But we do get the zandalari trolls which is damn awesome as well as seeing a chiropractor for our Male Orcs back. I just hope Orcs / Space Goats get Demon Hunters as well, since I'm fucking sick of Elf's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    I think its more likely that Zandalari share animations with upright orcs.
    they implied at blizzcon that upright orcs will use a shared animation rig with regular orcs

5+ Year Old Account
    downloaded the model viewer, tested male zandalari troll, compared to male nightelf, threw up, made this thread to see if anyone knew something that i might have missed.
    Are we sure that's final? How did wowhead even get the models?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the Zandalari to use the same animations they had on Isle of Thunder. Their casting animation was the shit<3
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

There are six new ones. Do you really think they will have brand new animations?

Deleted
    Are we sure that's final? How did wowhead even get the models?
    it's the isle of thunder model. that's why there only is a male and not a female model.

i don't expect every allied race to have new animations but the ones that are actually new playable ones like the upright troll.

5+ Year Old Account
    it's the isle of thunder model. that's why there only is a male and not a female model.

i don't expect every allied race to have new animations but the ones that are actually new playable ones like the upright troll.
    So it's not the official one? I'm pretty sure Blizzard will make new animations where it makes sense. Void elves, HM tauren, LF draenei and DI dwarves can use their old animations just fine since they use the old models too. Nightborne and Zandalari will need new skeletons and animations since those dont exist yet

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Alliance gets Void Elves, though, so it balances nicely?

Honestly, Horde gets more trolls and Tauren, alliance gets more Draenei and Dwarves. Both get more elf. It's a toss up to which side gets the better races, but the Alliance gets Light -and- Void races at the same time, which is kind of amazing since it's the basis of the recent story of Turalyon and Alleria.

Honestly it makes me a bit sad for what the Horde gets. 2 Broken Isles races and Zandalari, compared to 2 Argus races and the Dark Iron.

That said: More Later has me squeeeeealing in hope and delight!
    Trust me.. I am realy not jelly on ally, Zandalari troll make up for it big time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Trust me.. I am realy not jelly on ally, Zandalari troll make up for it big time.
    The only two allied races I'm looking forward to are my Alliance and Horde Mains for the expansion (Gotta do allllll the quests so I get the full story).

A Velf Afflock and a Zandadin Prot. If they don't get Paladins, though, I'll go Arms Warrior and be sad.

All of the Allied races are reskined of Old models.

Night elf- Zandalari/nightborne

Be-Void elfs

Tauren- Highmountain

Draenei- Lightforge

Dward- Dark iron.

It might have one or two changes, like the Zandalari Spin when they die, but other then that.Its the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Not sure about animations, but each race is going to receive their own voice over!
    I'm also counting not only about an unique tarting zone, but also on dedicated zones :-)
    It's already confirmed they won't have starting zones.
    Their "starting story" will be told throught the unlock questline. When you make an actual character, he just starts in Stormwind/Orgrimmar embassy, at level 20.
    Whatever...