Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Here is a question then those on the private servers were they genuinely enjoying playing the game, or were they just enjoying playing the game only because they did not have to pay for it??
    its 21 century bro, if affording game sub is such a problem that would make anyone to flow away from game they rly like, then prolly they should start looking for better job or any job

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    It's not true.
    Source : https://www.docdroid.net/flUbn6G/nos...em.pdf#page=74
    Only 13% of Nost players in surveys left Retail because it was too expensive anymore. Plus, I interpret that some probably thought retail as not good enough to be that expensive, and why they thought it was not good is a separate question.
    Well that is very interesting, it somewhat tells that those who thought it was expensive might not come to the official servers since it will cost them money to do so..

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Even if I wouldn't mind a few changes I don't think it will be a failure. As far as we know there is only 1 classic server being made which shouldn't be that hard to fill. This is also likely to be free to play or at least free to play if you already have a current WoW subscription.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    its 21 century bro, if affording game sub is such a problem that would make anyone to flow away from game they rly like, then prolly they should start looking for better job or any job
    Actually people with money will quite often try to find free or very cheap forms of entertainment..

You should go check out a game called Club Penguin. I think it would be perfect for you. Your welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    For gods sake. The millionth time. there is a HUGE classic wow fanbase ie private servers. This fanbase has been playing for ages without these quality of life changes.

Classic will do just fine. Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean others can't.
    Yeah but the game is free. It's not the same as shelling out 150 U.S. or more a year for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Yeah but the game is free. It's not the same as shelling out 150 U.S. or more a year for a game.
    Legion private servers are free, I guess no one is gonna continue playing live then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    How can you call it a failure when you don't even know the goal?

if blizzards goal is to bring out an authentic vanilla experience that's as close to the original as possible, then QoL changes isn't needed and will ruin it.

if their goal is to bring in as many new people and subscribers as possible and make tons of money, then yeh, QoL changes and updates might be needed.

i think blizzard is going for the former

Deleted
    This isn't 2004 anymore. The average age of the player base is much older.

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    You can play vannila 2 hours and you can play 24/7. Just dont expect to have everthing done and lvl 60 after 3 months. You dont put enought time? Doesnt matter but you will not deserve rewards and entire vannila content and thats totaly fine. But you can still casualy play.

15+ Year Old Account

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    Your free to not play vanilla then if its too much work/effort than ur willing to put in to it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Well that is very interesting, it somewhat tells that those who thought it was expensive might not come to the official servers since it will cost them money to do so..
    Possibly, unless they consider Classic worth more than Live and would pay that price.
    This document is very well detailed, there is very interesting statistical data in its 80 pages.

If I had to put my finger on it, it would be the one unerring fact that they were free to play on.. Will be very interesting to see if they will come to the official Blizzard ones where they will have to pay for it..
    Well,there are a lot of private servers in later versions with QoL and often with even less bugs,and they never got as big as vanilla servers

Deleted
    Another shit thread from the usual shit troll

Nice mods this forum got

Because in 2004 people didn't have jobs, spouses and kids, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    What you are asking for is not Vanilla. Be clear in your intention, thats fine. But also understand that what you want, is not actually Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla isnt for everyone. Maybe it fails and its unsustainable and Blizz thinks its not worth their energy. That's fine too, but if they give us a shitty product, and by shitty I mean not actually Vanilla, then that will be a worse failure.
    It is Vanilla. An improved version. Basically if at the end they introduced another patch to improve the game. What's wrong with that?

This will be a failure without Quality of Life changes
    No it won't.

10+ Year Old Account

i guess we won't be seeing you in wow classic
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

15+ Year Old Account
    It is Vanilla. An improved version. Basically if at the end they introduced another patch to improve the game. What's wrong with that?
    You are literally saying what you want is not Vanilla.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Incorrect, it is the simple tasks, farming, attunements, etc... that make vanilla different from current WoW.

If they change any of this, THEN it will fail.

On the other hand, they would have to redo the whole game with just a few changes as the systems would not work.
    If you do not want the vanilla experience, play retail.

It is just that simple.