Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I swear, the people that bitch the most are most likely the ones with the least amount of content done.

Here's a list of things you get to do in between Antorus and the BFA release:

Mage Tower skins
    Mounts
    Raid and Dungeon achievements
    PVP achievements and Prestige
    Gold Farming

Amongst other things, this list alone will fill 1-2 months worth of time
    Also, crazy idea, play a different game/find an alternative entertainment source until theres something new to do... I know... crazy to think you can just ... not play wow that much for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's not the first time. They achieved this with MoP as well, actually we got content even faster back in MoP than now (and raids weren't gated for several weeks).
    You forget that the book that will come out has been pushed back till June 12th so earliest would be July but my gut feeling says they will release after gamescom so last week August, early September.
    It could be sooner ofc but deffo not before the book gets released as it will deal with events after Antorus so the whole Silithus & burning of the Tree business right upto the the events in the trailer which I assume is pre-patch stuff.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    According to the WoWChakra interview "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018."

Are you f***ing kidding me?!?! It better damned well be your goal. It better release a whole lot f***ing sooner than that. You want to put us into OVER a year in Antorus? Are you TRYING to alienate your playerbase Blizz? WTF?

Good lord at timing predictions.
    Somebody was never taught about hedging your bets, and not overpromising.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    When they said that there was a big backlash from people who needed longer to clear the raid and farm all the gear and achievements so it seems they had no choice but to go back on that statement.
    What? No there wasn't.
    That was one of the selling points of Legion - No more content droughts.

they cant really give a "our goal is summer" because people will bitch and moan if its not the beginning

think of it like "hey it will be before this date" so unless something super bad happens they will be on point

im going to guess july-sept simply for blizzcon highlights of 8.1 and live raid

- - - Updated - - -

guys take this as an opportunity to prepare for the next 5m gold mount

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Also, crazy idea, play a different game/find an alternative entertainment source until theres something new to do... I know... crazy to think you can just ... not play wow that much for a few months
    Very good point
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    You forget that the book that will come out has been pushed back till June 12th so earliest would be July but my gut feeling says they will release after gamescom so last week August, early September.
    It could be sooner ofc but deffo not before the book gets released as it will deal with events after Antorus so the whole Silithus & burning of the Tree business right upto the the events in the trailer which I assume is pre-patch stuff.
    I am still rooting for a November release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    According to the WoWChakra interview "The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018."

Are you f***ing kidding me?!?! It better damned well be your goal. It better release a whole lot f***ing sooner than that. You want to put us into OVER a year in Antorus? Are you TRYING to alienate your playerbase Blizz? WTF?

Good lord at timing predictions.
    Dude it's been the case for the past 3 expansions... what did you expect ?

I was looking back at Blizzcon 2015 and the Legion reveal. It was undoubtedly much further along than BfA appears to be.

I would expect a December 18 - Jan 19 release unless they can pull off a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Daemion Demento View Post
    Not sure what all the surprise is about. A year+ in the end tier of an expansion is practically par for the course.
    Not even "practically". We've had a 10+ month final tier every expansion for the last 9 years.

why are people grabbing pitchforks. Befor the end of 2018. Not In the end of 2018. Tomorrow is before the end of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Not even "practically". We've had a 10+ month final tier every expansion for the last 9 years.
    That's what he said? The average time between final tier and pre patch is 12 months. For the last expansion it has been (Legion)14 - 14 - 10 - 12 - 8(TBC).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's what he said? The average time between final tier and pre patch is 12 months. For the last expansion it has been (Legion)14 - 14 - 10 - 12 - 8(TBC).
    I'm disagreeing that it's practically par for the course. It IS par for the course, quite firmly. =P

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm disagreeing that it's practically par for the course. It IS par for the course, quite firmly. =P
    Ah okay. Hahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No... they have the actual code that ran then. Every build all through the life of WoW.
    Oh look the ARM-Chair-Developer is at it again. the reality is they DONT. they dont even do database backups as the WoD-Archaeology-Fiasko has proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Oh look the ARM-Chair-Developer is at it again. the reality is they DONT. they dont even do database backups as the WoD-Archaeology-Fiasko has proven.
    They do. While it's possible to suffer data loss... by and large, they have archives of every single build that went live, tons and tons of documentation of changes for each patch and hotfix, and can easily recreate the "history of WoW" mostly through restoring existing data.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Blizzard's two goals over the past 2 years have generally been quicker expansion releases, and shorter end-of-expansion patches/raids.

On both counts they've tended to fail, so it should come as no surprise.
    Completely correct except this has been a very clear problem since WOTLK, so those have been their goals for nine years. Which they fail every, single, time.

I had hopes with this last expansion, because they really thought out how to space-out content, separating world and raid releases. I thought maybe, just maybe, we'd have 6 months between the last patch and the next expansion rather than a year. But nope. They really are trying, but they simply do not have the ability to improve on this.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-11-19 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Completely correct except this has been a very clear problem since WOTLK, so those have been their goals for nine years. Which they fail every, single, time.
    For the love of.... You guys and your selective memory.

They stated that with WoD the design goal was quicker xpacs and less downtime between xpacs, however when they announced legion they stated that this model was flawed with how Blizzard works as a dev team, so they would instead double down on what they're good at. 2 year expansions, and then they said they wanted to TRY and lessen the gap between xpacs final patch and the next one.

Nope. This is not a recent problem. They acknowledged that the gap between the end of WOTLK and the start of Cataclysm was way too long and they wanted to fix it.

WoD was a new initiative where they were going to launch smaller expansions much faster than every 2 years, which they also failed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    For the love of.... You guys and your selective memory.

They stated that with WoD the design goal was quicker xpacs and less downtime between xpacs, however when they announced legion they stated that this model was flawed with how Blizzard works as a dev team, so they would instead double down on what they're good at. 2 year expansions, and then they said they wanted to TRY and lessen the gap between xpacs final patch and the next one.
    They didn't state it first with WoD, they said it nearly a decade back during WotLK. They failed 4 / 4 times in the past when it comes to that. They won't achieve it now or in the future, they're just not capable of doing it.