Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not sure why people are saying Mythic+ score is irrelevant. It's perhaps the most relevant thing there is to judge a strangers competence outside of knowing what they're like from past runs. It's a direct indicator of experience in different keys. ilvl, sure, that's no indicator at all. Mythic score definitely has a use.

Nowadays more than half of my groups fail as I'm trying to pug to get my score up (+14-16) because the leader will invite at least 1 person that's crap and will ruin the run. Some +16's will go smoother than a 13. It's just luck.

And not to be horrible but EU has a disadvantage because of language barriers. I've stopped grouping with Russians because I've yet to find a skilled one.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-11-18 at 04:55 PM.

Join a guild, make friends with people that are good and run with them instead of randoms you can't rely on.

If you prefer to group with randoms to show off your e-peen and feel good about yourself, then why are you complaining about the quality of randoms? (hypocrite?)

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I have to leave about 8 in 10 M+ runs or so, because we can't clear past a certain boss, in a +12-13, all while I had done 16-17 keys on my alts, where I was leader.

People seem not to have the least concern about team composition, people's progress / legendaries and unless the leader knows that M+ score is irrelevant, the run is a shit-show.

I left a few runs where it was 7 minutes and we were still on the first boss, in a +12-13 MoS and this is almost the daily norm.

Is it just me or people really have no idea what they're doing?
    If you join a group using the group finder you have already shown that you do not care about the quality of the run.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    one day people will learn ilvl doesnt = skill. Nor do achievements. One day....
    I'd even argue this is more true now than ever due to titanforging, at least back in the day if someone was full mythic raid ilvl you'd have a higher chance at having a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'd hardly say that m+ score is irrelevant. Second to group composition perhaps, but it has been in my experience a far better indicator than ivl, which of course makes a lot of sense.
    Yes its M+ score is irrelevant ... I can run +12= and +13 mythics all day with no problem but I only do certain ones end of story so my M+ score is poor, I do the ones I enjoy and ignore the rest. and I know a lot of people who are the same.

And the M+ score is based of your progress on all mythics ... which makes it rather useless.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Check their wowprogress before trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats highly unrealistic. People do not talk during m+ due to its timed nature and leave immediately after it is over, no matter how many chests you got. The only runs where you talk are the bad ones, where you wipe more than once. Those runs do not fail evertime, but they are mostly done with bad players that you do not want to play with again...
    Oh ok, I must be unrealistic then. Lol.
    Maybe you should talk instead of waiting for others to do it.
    There's plenty of time to talk when on voice.. There's also plenty of time to talk (in text if that's your thing) when you're waiting for your group to form. I don't know what to say man.. but maybe MMOs are not for you?

I have never encountered a random group that is using voice.
    Don't get me wrong, I have my guild and play mostly with them, but sometimes I still PUG M+, because why not?
    A group is usually formed in 1-2 Minutes, not really much to say in that short time also.
    I am also not saying that it is impossible to find friends to play with, I am just saying m+ seems to be the wrong place for that.

I have to leave about 8 in 10 M+ runs or so, because we can't clear past a certain boss, in a +12-13, all while I had done 16-17 keys on my alts, where I was leader.

People seem not to have the least concern about team composition, people's progress / legendaries and unless the leader knows that M+ score is irrelevant, the run is a shit-show.

I left a few runs where it was 7 minutes and we were still on the first boss, in a +12-13 MoS and this is almost the daily norm.

The average WoW players is worthless at the game, yes. Is this news to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Nowadays more than half of my groups fail as I'm trying to pug to get my score up (+14-16) because the leader will invite at least 1 person that's crap and will ruin the run. Some +16's will go smoother than a 13. It's just luck.
    The higher keys you do, the smoother are the runs. That is not luck, party leaders check applicants more carefully when pugging higher runs.

Not sure why people are saying Mythic+ score is irrelevant. It's perhaps the most relevant thing there is to judge a strangers competence outside of knowing what they're like from past runs. It's a direct indicator of experience in different keys. ilvl, sure, that's no indicator at all. Mythic score definitely has a use.
    This topic is about low keys (+12/+13 was mentioned in OP), and for those M+ scores are indeed irrelevant. For players that only do weekly runs, the score is completely random, depending on how early in the week they run M+ (to get on leaderboards), and whether they prefer to run only specific dungeons.

I think the M+ score becomes useful only once you start pushing keys around +16 or +17, and higher. That's about the point when you can expect that every player applying has put some effort to do every dungeon on at least +15 in time, and comparing the scores across different players starts to have some value.

Since there is no negative consequence it nullifies the purpose of the score entirely as it its only showing you agreed to put more time in runs than others.

You can wipe or push yourself on one good key and then grind up with +10 Dungeons - it takes longer but result is the same
    Last edited by skynet1990; 2017-11-19 at 02:59 AM. Reason: typo

I have never encountered a random group that is using voice.
    It happens quite often when pugging +19, and nearly always for 20+ runs. Some key holders require to use voice even for +17 and +18, but you do not meet them very often.

A group is usually formed in 1-2 Minutes, not really much to say in that short time also.
    I am also not saying that it is impossible to find friends to play with, I am just saying m+ seems to be the wrong place for that.
    I think we have to speak about the same the difficulty here. It is hard to make friends in weekly runs between +10 and +14. But once you start joining groups around +15 that try to push the key up, and then do the next key as follow-up (with the same people) - you get opportunities to befriend people. Basically, you need to be doing some entrance-level challenging content before the concept of possibly making friends can kick in. Players need to feel they put the effort to overcome some hard challenge together, not simply deleted mobs off the server in some +10 dungeon while having 940 gear. They also need to be motivated to push the keys as high as possible, and use that as a basis of their friendship.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2017-11-19 at 03:17 AM.

Of course it’s lacking lol, are you kidding me???

GUYS, THE COMMUNITY IS NOW A WASTELAND OF ENTITLED, DELUSIONAL, SKILL-LESS PLAYERS, WHO BASICALLY HAVE AN AVERSION TO CHALLENGE!!!

The proof of this, is that when Blizzard removed most class buffs, the majority of the community was fine with it.

I was so very NOT fine with it, and consider it to be a HORRID design move, intended to cater to entitled casuals, who want to be GIVEN success, instead of having to work hard and earn it.

So to answer your question, yes, the quality of players ACROSS THE BOARD is WAY down from what it used to be in say TBC.

This post won’t be popular with Blizzard, and many of you as well, since it is so full of truth lol.

The truth isn’t very popular in WoW, sadly for all of us.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-11-19 at 04:11 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

A habitual M+ group dropper believes that he's surrounded by bad players.

Let's see if we can spot the issue here.

Deleted
    I've stopped grouping with Russians because I've yet to find a skilled one.
    How? How have you not yet come across the incredibly good Russian M+ players? Do you run like 1 M+ a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'd hardly say that m+ score is irrelevant. Second to group composition perhaps, but it has been in my experience a far better indicator than ivl, which of course makes a lot of sense.
    No. Mythic + "score" is completely irrelevant because two people can have the exact same dungeon completions, one of them have a score and the other person have a zero, with the only difference being one of them did it on Tuesday and the other did it on Monday. It's an asinine system.

you deserve what you get for leaving groups. Most my runs are pretty good, but I only do a 10 or so a week these days for the weekly chest, and I'm a geared healer.

Seriously tho, you deserve extra special hell. I wish M+ scores showed how often people leave groups

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    Of course it’s lacking lol, are you kidding me???

GUYS, THE COMMUNITY IS NOW A WASTELAND OF ENTITLED, DELUSIONAL, SKILL-LESS PLAYERS, WHO BASICALLY HAVE AN AVERSION TO CHALLENGE!!!

The proof of this, is that when Blizzard removed most class buffs, the majority of the community was fine with it.

I was so very NOT fine with it, and consider it to be a HORRID design move, intended to cater to entitled casuals, who want to be GIVEN success, instead of having to work hard and earn it.

So to answer your question, yes, the quality of players ACROSS THE BOARD is WAY down from what it used to be in say TBC.

This post won’t be popular with Blizzard, and many of you as well, since it is so full of truth lol.

The truth isn’t very popular in WoW, sadly for all of us.....
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd...

He's BACK!
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    How? How have you not yet come across the incredibly good Russian M+ players? Do you run like 1 M+ a month?
    I'm not just saying it to bash Russians. I've been doing an average of 7 high level keys a day recently and every russian player I've encountered just doesn't perform well. I'm sure there are good russian players out there...of course there must be, but based on my personal experience it's just not worth grouping with them.

People think 930+ means you must be good at the game/class/something. The fact is getting gear is so easy now-a-days anyone can reach it.