Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People ask for the 2004 expirience and blizz SHOULD give them that exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    This isn't 2004 anymore. The average age of the player base is much older.

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    Nothing is stopping people from playing retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't 2004 anymore. The average age of the player base is much older. Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.
    I kind of doubt it. I think the playerbase has aged a bit, but loads of people still have time to play the game, they just don't have the interest or investment.

No dude. It could be a sucess. Just make the game more accessible. It's 2017. Blizz has made great improvements in game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I could but isn't this a good thread. I think a lot of people would agree.
    Retail is the accessible version of the game with the improvements you want. Classic is for the people who don't want that.

Why would they make the same game twice? That's fucking pointless. If they make Classic with QoL changes people are still gonna ask for vanilla and look for private servers.

The entire point of opening a legacy server is to give people what they asked for regardless how how much the cost, profit and population is.
    We already know they won't make a big team for this so the cost isn't really big, so it doesn't need to be make a shitton of money to be profitable which is good cuz we already know there won't be that much people sticking to classic after a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    I kind of doubt it. I think the playerbase has aged a bit, but loads of people still have time to play the game, they just don't have the interest or investment.
    I played very casually in vanilla with long breaks. I enjoyed it far more than anything from WotLK onward. I don't understand this idea that vanilla takes a lot of time. Sure if you want to clear all the raid content the time commitment is big, but raiding was a niche in vanilla. People who want to raid but can't commit the time, can just keep doing LFR on live.

7+ Year Old Account
    can you just stick to off-topic where you belong?
    becuase by your logic no matter what they do to it, the game will fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Nobody has the time to spend hours and hours doing simple tasks. Let alone farming or attuning to raids. People are busy with their jobs, spouses, kids etc.

Hopefully Blizz understands this and doesn't just release a carbon copy of vanilla.
    Usual short sighted self serving nonsense from you I see. People can be busy with their jobs and other affairs and accept the fact that they cannot play on a level playing field with those who can put more time into the game, just like in 2004.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    People BEGGED for Vanilla. And just now people are realizing that without QoL changes, Vanilla was crap.

I hope it is release day Vanilla, so you get what you asked for.
    Me too! Can't wait.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Unfortunately those sort of changes will damage the experience people want.

Much like Old School RuneScape, people will want it exactly the way it was...for about 10 seconds until they snap out of it.

I think that's the best approach. Wait until they've played it for themselves and come crawling back begging for the changes, that way no one can say blizzard didn't give them "the authentic vanilla experience."

Old School RS received so many QoL and content updates I barely recognize it, yet every single one of them, down to the tiniest detail was voted on by the very same community that yelled for a decade that they wanted servers exactly like 2007, no changes whatsoever.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-20 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Blizzard has a GREAT solution for you and people like you, its called Battle for Azeroth

And what makes you think their goal is a successful business venture for the mainstream? Maybe the purpose of having classic servers is to produce an archival-quality copy of the original game that will remain static and unchanging. Maybe they don't care about hipsters who think vanilla is cool without ever playing the game.

It will likely be a commercial failure no matter what changes are made. It'll attract a small group of classic fans who will play it endlessly, but little to no maintenance will be done on the game.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Eh... I'll be taking a super casual approach to Classic.

I never bothered with, for example, long respawn timers for rares camping them out... I ain't paying to idle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It will likely be a commercial failure no matter what changes are made. It'll attract a small group of classic fans who will play it endlessly, but little to no maintenance will be done on the game.
    Humm, "comercial failure". Hard to believe.
    What makes you think that? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Humm, "comercial failure". Hard to believe.
    What makes you think that? :S
    I would be genuinely and utterly amazed if a game from 2004 would be able to compete and become a commercial success in 2017.
    – C.S. Lewis

This will be a failure WITH Quality of Life changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I would be genuinely and utterly amazed if a game from 2004 would be able to compete and become a commercial success in 2017.
    This game is so different from all other games though, It's a game...you can no longer play. It's strange xD

Oh and i would be genuinely and utterly amazed if i am the only one "nostalgia freak" out there. I would have an identity crisis or something if i dont see millions of other people playing on Classic on the first Month

The OP made 2 posts in here and vanished.
    You guys got baited/trolled once again :/

You really shouldn't give these threads any energy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This game is so different from all other games though, It's a game...you can no longer play. It's strange xD

Oh and i would be genuinely and utterly amazed if i am the only one "nostalgia freak" out there. I would have an identity crisis or something if i dont see millions of other people playing on Classic on the first Month
    Plenty of games have been made in the last decade trying to capture the essence of classic WoW, all have failed. Naturally proponents of classic say they weren't "true" enough, while critics and players of those classic clones all mention the tedium, slowness, and grind as major deterrents - which are major 'features' of classic WoW.

Unless Blizzard releases sub information, which is quite unlikely, we will never really know how well classic realms perform. But millions on the first month is essentially hopeful delusion.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    To be honest I think I like more challenging games, including Vanilla, because I'm older.
    As a kid I would have probably been satisfied by Live just with all the cool mounts and dinosaurs and the mighty power of smashing mobs. And that's fine.

And you can't say "Vanilla is time consuming". Vanilla is a game, not an activity. Leveling to 60 may be time consuming as a whole, but you don't have to play a lot of consecutive time for it.
    Dungeons and Raids themselves are probably the things that take the most consecutive time. But I think we are all looking for Classic to provide us with that kind of long dungeons/raids, any QoL to change that would be a huge shift from the spirit. Even the most hardcore QoL guys with LFG and their whole heirloom-like package of tweaks usually do not want that.
    Vanilla requires more time to accomplish similar end game feats, but imho it is certainly less challenging than live servers by most measures.