Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Heroic Tomb PUGS have been a disaster lol

I don't pug that much in general, but I used to join pugs occasionally for tf/ap/legendaries/practice and it was okay as long as you joined a decent looking group

But ToS has just been terrible, haven't managed a single boss kill in the handful of groups I joined lmao. Think it's a combination of an unusually harsh raid environment, and the fact that the catch up mechanics can easily put you on par with actual heroic raiders. My alt is 930 and has literally never done a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    There are some players who are assholes like that. Most I've found are happy to share gear. If they are still being an asshole and it's clear they won't even respond, feel free to shame them openly.
    How is keeping your own personal loot being an asshole? You dont know why he needs it, maybe he has disenchanting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lorquist View Post
    Dear OP,

Get some friends.

Thanks
    Reading comprehension...ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    I just got into PUG raiding a short time ago as my old guild died but MAAAAAN.. how do people actually live in the PUG world?!
    Easy. You no life it the first two weeks the raid starts, and pug basically 3-4 hours a day. Once you get the AOTC, things become easier and you do a couple of clearing runs. Then about a month in a half in the catch up groups come in and you wonder how everyone has gotten worse, and then stop pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I am curved on 10 toons just by pugging, this is how you oneshot him:

"KJ link curve 940+"

Only invite people with curve earlier than September

How many kills do they have? Only invite with 5+.

See if ilvl equipped is 940+, not in bags

Do they have ToS/Mythic gear or just welfare items from M+/invasion points.

Do they have legendaries for their spec?

That's it. oneshot!
    Holy fucking overkill batman. And stupid too ... like hitting that arbitrary ilvl is more important than set bonuses and the right trinkets. I could swap out gear to meet your dumbass criteria, for a loss of probably 10% damage. Also, why don't you require at least 80 points in weapons too? At least in that case more is definitely better. It's your dumb PUG, do what you want, but this shit is laughable.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-11-21 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    A rogue spoke up to pass him lead so he could continue the group, but I feel their chances were slim.
    I was in that group....we killed it the next attempted. hmmmm....makes me wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I was in that group....we killed it the next attempted. hmmmm....makes me wonder.
    You killed it next attempt...when both tanks, all but 1 heal, and 3 of the top 4 dps left. At 5 in the morning. Sure you did pal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I am curved on 10 toons just by pugging, this is how you oneshot him:

"KJ link curve 940+"

Only invite people with curve earlier than September

How many kills do they have? Only invite with 5+.

See if ilvl equipped is 940+, not in bags

Do they have ToS/Mythic gear or just welfare items from M+/invasion points.

Do they have legendaries for their spec?

That's it. oneshot!
    Brilliant...or wait..my curve is from before september, i have 5+ kills, i have full hc set, every legendaries for my spec...but unfortunately my ilvl is 937 equipped....ohh shit, too bad...
    Giving any importance to illvl means you are living in the past....

I generally avoid pugging, but the few times I needed to, I generally will require AoTC and a mythic kill on something beyond Goroth. Furthermore, check each character's gear, in case they have any ilvl in bag funny business. Check their kills. If they have 1 heroic KJ kill, and 1 mythic Harj kill, with no goroth/inq kill, something is fishy. At this point, they should have 10+ HKJ kills easily, and several mythic kills.

I also have a bit of leeway for people coming back. I had someone link me cutting Edge Xavius & Helya, but with 0 kills on any heroic boss, and a few normal kills. Apparently he just came back, was a 930~ moonkin. Ridiculous dps when he was in, didn't die a singe time. So, exceptions can be made as well. Gotta judge each character on current and past experience. Maybe they just came back, but they were a top tier mythic raider for years. They'll pull their weight just fine.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-11-20 at 07:53 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah I don't pug heroic unless it says the leader is at least 6/9m. I am 7/9 myself.
    Same, 8/9m here and I still don't trust pugs (after Thursdays) unless the leader is at least 6/9m

- - - Updated - - -

Pugs gonna be pugs, sadly. I if you need to enter one, I'd suggest to cut the middleman and lead it. You don't need to be super good at the game, just know the basic mechanics and be ready to kick people if required. I've had pugs fail at Mistress, I've had others clear all of Heroic with 3 wipes total, and there wasn't a big difference in requirement. Try to get guildies in there even if it's not a guild raid.

Casual raider here.

Raided with the same core group of 8 since late bc / early wrath. Currently raid with 12-15 players, so some of those are newer players, and some are ultra casuals who come some nights, and not others. Point being, SOMETIMES i have to pug a couple of players. Some of my experiences:

Sign up to group finder to replace 1 healer who has pc issues : clearly states "HEALER ONLY" in both description and name. 7 hunters and 5 demonhunters apply linking aotc. when i decline, 2-3 of them start psting me wishing me luck with my "fail run".

Doing alt normal mode clear on sunday night. get 3-4 pugs. seems ok until we head up top - becomes VERY obvious that some of them have NEVER been there before, except MAYBE LFR. I ask very politely, "if anyone has not been here, please pm me so i know, and i can help you through. you can join us on vent if that helps." no replies. ask the same thing again. no replies. Get to Maiden. Absolute chaos due to one player having NO idea what to do at all, didnt swap sides, ran thru all the orbs (both colours) and kept running around the room. caused a wipe obviously. i ask again, this time directed at this player, "you have not done this, that is clear, please just ask for some help and we will help you" no reply. i try ONE MORE GODAMN TIME, giving this player chance after chance, "dont just stand there and say nothing, if you dont speak english, we cant help you sorry" - no reply. remove player. suddenly player regains english skills, and a little french, as they pst me abusing the shit out of me saying "i usually heal this shit, your group sux RANDOM SWEAR WORDS!!!"

the highlight of this little adventure? healing or not, the orbs and side swap mechanic is no different for a healer / dps. but the best part? the player WAS healing. at least, they were specced as disc, and should have been healing, since they said they were a healer...they were pretty terrible, but we were killing bosses so decided to just keep carrying. pretty sure this person bought their AOTC, and legit thinks disc is a pure dps spec. oh lordy.

So to OP - Even as recently as Wrath, your little adventure could have taken place just trying to clear a 5man dungeon. Im sure many remember being in 5mans for 3-5 hours at times. Not that i have 3-5 hours to run a 5man now, but yeah.

Read all of the second sentence. "until new content comes out" which is in like a week and a half.
    What should be soul crushing is that you have a guild that doesn't care enough about it's peeps to farm things like this for it's folks.

Check for multiple kills when recruiting and look for ilevel% for dpsers on warcraftlogs, that should help. People can fake achieves easily these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    What should be soul crushing is that you have a guild that doesn't care enough about it's peeps to farm things like this for it's folks.
    I'm the guildmaster and raid leader. We always do achievement runs the last 2-3 weeks of a tier so everyone gets the mount, or in this case pet and title. There is nothing soul crushing about farming achievements as a guild instead of farming ilvl at the end of a tier when it's what we've been doing for like 8 straight tiers.

I'm the guildmaster and raid leader. We always do achievement runs the last 2-3 weeks of a tier so everyone gets the mount, or in this case pet and title. There is nothing soul crushing about farming achievements as a guild instead of farming ilvl at the end of a tier when it's what we've been doing for like 8 straight tiers.
    Man... that's even worse. You have led your peeps to victory so many times and they can't help a brother out? You should /disband

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Man... that's even worse. You have led your peeps to victory so many times and they can't help a brother out? You should /disband
    Was past midnight on a Saturday and if you had read the OP you would have seen I did grab a few people who were on...but since you're obvious trolling I'll just ignore you from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    Easy. You no life it the first two weeks the raid starts, and pug basically 3-4 hours a day. Once you get the AOTC, things become easier and you do a couple of clearing runs. Then about a month in a half in the catch up groups come in and you wonder how everyone has gotten worse, and then stop pugging.
    Uh, that sounds worse than committing to a hc guild, which will do something similar - maybe not "nolife" but raid on a bigger schedule until progress is over, then downscale raiding hours when everything is on farm, or even take a break until next tier (like the OP's guild). Why would anyone want to spend "3-4 hours every day" to get curve when you can spend "3-4 hours 2-3 days a week" and get your curve in a guild, and in a better atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    yuuup

------------------------

Why bother talking to someone when my baddon/logs/wowprog says they suck? hehehehehe
    Because that is a big part of how we used to judge someone.
    And despite access to such tools, there are more complaints than ever about how item level sucks, how achievements suck, how carrying sucks etc, because of our lack of desire to actually spend time judging someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You can’t invite people based on ilvl anymore. It’s so inflated with Titanforging/relinquished/welfare world bosses.

People who have never stepped foot in an actual raid or have never done high M+ have 935+ ilvl due to relinquished gear Titanforging, world boss gear being 930, LFR gear Titanforging, etc.

Always armory people if you’re looking for a fast quick run. Linking achievements is also sketchy since that retarded fake achievement addon is still active for some reason.

The good news is this won’t be nearly as rampant next expansion. Azerite gear can’t tf, no RNG legendaries and TF is being toned down a bit.