Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    you don't "skip content" don't imagine this to be a server they actually progress - you have live for that - provided you can understand the value of it of course.
    Why not? I'd say some kind of progression is far more likely than none
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Why not? I'd say some kind of progression is far more likely than none
    That would defeat the purpose of this server being made.

this is specifically made to keep the feeling of vanilla. not to start the game anew.

you already got live to progress can't stress this enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lashab View Post
    Patch 1.12.2 is Pre-BC and does not represent Vanilla at all... Do some research before you post nonsense please. Running 1.1.0 patch Molten Core with 1.12.2 patch... Ya right... Do you even know why Stratholme was 10 men dungeon when it was first released? And no, it was not nerfed...
    patch 1.12.2 represents the pinnacle of vanilla. everything in place with some added content just before the portal opened.
    there is no patch which represent vanilla better. you are simply ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    you forget something: this is not live.
    The whole purpose of this server is nostalgia. Mainly for the zones changed in cataclysm.
    If you want progression guess what: play the actual game.
    so you want the fixed max level of 60, the old zones with their old quests, the whole of vanilla opened on release but with a lot less bugs than the original.

what about blizzard? they aim to bring the classic experience. you cannot enjoy the classic experience without repeating the cycle that made classic great. that means: you have to progress through the patches, through the content additions that were made over the time to let the player really know that they are advancing and progressing through the game. RPG and MMORPG are about character development and progression and you cannot have that if you just eliminate a lot of early 60 content.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

5+ Year Old Account

this is specifically made to keep the feeling of vanilla. not to start the game anew.

Vanilla progressed, though.

You can't have that vanilla feel if you freeze it in time forever. Vanilla got pathces and new content as time went on. So should classic.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    so you want the fixed max level of 60, the old zones with their old quests, the whole of vanilla opened on release but with a lot less bugs than the original.

what about blizzard? they aim to bring the classic experience. you cannot enjoy the classic experience without repeating the cycle that made classic great. that means: you have to progress through the patches, through the content additions that were made over the time to let the player really know that they are advancing and progressing through the game. RPG and MMORPG are about character development and progression and you cannot have that if you just eliminate a lot of early 60 content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Vanilla progressed, though.

You can't have that vanilla feel if you freeze it in time forever. Vanilla got pathces and new content as time went on. So should classic.
    this is too much useless work. no-one care about progressing a bygone game version. We (at least I) already did it back then. it is simply a preservation of the past. end of story.

I want classic to be classic. Bugs and all.

- - - Updated - - -

patch 1.12.2 represents the pinnacle of vanilla. everything in place with some added content just before the portal opened.
    F..ck off with your live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    F..ck off with your live.
    LOL XD
    Must've struck a nerve.
    yeah you are only an afterthought whether you like it or not. the game goes on without you as it has already for years.

Got some news for you: they don't have the capacity to do that. maybe if you paid more attention to your cute little classic server fixation hobby you would know that blizz themselves said they don't have the tech for it anymore because they have no real backup of the old files.

so yeah.

and just FYI I could't care less about private servers. you got your pacifier now stop crying you vanilla baby.
    You obviously have no idea how coding works lol. You can copy code and migrate it to new servers/tech very easily. They also have said that they have the code from Nost which is an exact copy of Vanilla.

Now to talk about your personal attacks towards me, my entire post is saying that they're going to be changing it regardless of what private server players whiners want. You -attempting- to refute my comment(when you have no idea how coding works) then saying that I'm a "Vanilla baby" when my entire post is calling out the whiners is pretty idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstripe View Post
    I want classic to be classic. Bugs and all.
    Also a valid thought - after all bugs were an organic part of the experience also. many a video made a point on them.
    Was kinda on the fence when I first my initial post whether bugs should be fixed or not too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You obviously have no idea how coding works lol. You can copy code and migrate it to new servers/tech very easily. They also have said that they have the code from Nost which is an exact copy of Vanilla.

Now to talk about your personal attacks towards me, my entire post is saying that they're going to be changing it regardless of what private server players whiners want. You -attempting- to refute my comment(when you have no idea how coding works) then saying that I'm a "Vanilla baby" when my entire post is calling out the whiners is pretty idiotic.
    To be fair, what decides how hard it is to code is what Blizzard want to put on the Classic realms. Do they want to put in new models, cross patches, add quality of life updates etc.

What I think they’ll do is to put out a variant of vanilla. It will not be a copy paste of an old patch.

Again you demonstrate your ignorance of what blizzard staff has said. do some research first before you start posting nonsense.
    They specifically said they don't want to use Nost code 1in1 because they don't feel it is theirs and don't want any 3rd party involvement even if - and that is true - I don't think the code itself would be bad to use.

Surprise: If they did they would already have released it.

So yeah. better double-check your facts next time kid. you are dismissed.

You are very wrong about patch 1.12.x - It mainly contained class changes preparations for TBC.

It was only live in for the very last few months of Vanilla, and nothing (raid encounters) then felt like they did during most of vanilla timeframe.

Every single patch prior to 1.12 represents Vanilla much better.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    You are very wrong about patch 1.12.x - It mainly contained class changes preparations for TBC.

It was only live in for the very last few months of Vanilla, and nothing (raid encounters) then felt like they did during most of vanilla timeframe.

Every single patch prior to 1.12 represents Vanilla much better.
    so you think a patch which contains several features and iterations is worse than any other patch before it? this premise is simply false.
    not ot mention this way tbc server lovers would at least get something too.

People arguing at what patch of classic the game should be.

Finally a discussion worth having. Personally, I didn't know that 1.12 was TBC pre-patch. Maybe we could get it one patch before that?

Deleted

Ehh no, let's not kid ourselves here. A vast majority of Vanilla content on Nost are estimates, nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

They specifically said they don't want to use Nost code 1in1 because they don't feel it is theirs and don't want any 3rd party involvement even if - and that is true - I don't think the code itself would be bad to use.
    They can't use Nost code regardless of what they want. It's other people's work (Not Nost's, Mangos itself) and ontop of that, it's an emulator.

Blizzard as a professional company could never release the game in such a shit condition, especially when it comes to security and reliability from using such things, something Private servers don't have to burden themselves with.

this is too much useless work. no-one care about progressing a bygone game version. We (at least I) already did it back then. it is simply a preservation of the past. end of story.
    They are already putting a lot of work in it, it probably doesn't take that much additional time to time-gate instances and link it with class changes. A lot of people do in fact care about progressing in vanilla again. It won't be the same as it was back then, since the knowledge of the game is much, much stronger, but very few of current players had the chance to progress then. I'm sure Blizzard knows this and they aren't going to just push a "complete" Classic version out to serve as a memento. They'll give us time to actually progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Ehh no, let's not kid ourselves here. A vast majority of Vanilla content on Nost are estimates, nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't use Nost code regardless of what they want. It's other people's work (Not Nost's, Mangos itself) and ontop of that, it's an emulator.

Blizzard as a professional company could never release the game in such a shit condition, especially when it comes to security and reliability from using such things, something Private servers don't have to burden themselves with.
    Meh those estimates are probably closer then what Blizzard would come up with themselves. Blizzard wont be paying people to comb through classic vanilla WoW videos for months who actually know what they are looking at. That is assuming Blizzard was not full of shit when they said they are missing much of the original data. Seriously Blizzard have given these guys the royal treatment. They did not fly them over just to save face over a bit of bad PR. These guys surprised and impressed many people at Blizzard and they have already said they will be consulting the Nost team. Get over it.

-Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC
    -No Class balance changes
    1.12 already balance changed 1.0 Vanilla though. You can't advocate a later patch and want no class balance changes. That's not Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    - ONE server, no realmhopping in pve
    - slow progression like in the old days
    - 3 different timelines to choose from, with only 1 available from the beginning: 'pure classic' (ends with naxxramas), 'classic extended' (bc and wotlk), 'classic beyond' (introduces an alternate universe, maybe after wrath of the lich king where cataclysm never happened)
    - no flying mounts in 'pure classic' and 'classic beyond'
    - items you get can be transmogged by your normal wow chars
    - allow wallclimbing in most areas, it added a huge exploration aspect to the game, I'd like to see that in a future 'classic beyond'