Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You don't have to join in with the RP at all.

However disrupting it with crap like deliberately parking your mount on people RPing or constantly spamming harassment around them and you can be suspended for it.
    I remember my friend playing in RP realm. People were telling him he should not run in the major city because it's not RP. What is wrong with parking mount on someone. = RP as the asshole. You just want to trample them.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I remember my friend playing in RP realm. People were telling him he should not run in the major city because it's not RP. What is wrong with parking mount on someone. = RP as the asshole. You just want to trample them.
    No it's not RP at all. It's deliberately blocking those trying to do it. Now if it's unintentional sure but going out of your way to do it is harassment. So don't try and play the "trample them" card because that's really grasping at straws.

And the people I talk about use crap like Giant Growth Elixirs. If that's not deliberate then there is clearly no attempt at trying to discuss this with you. So let's be realistic.

There are rules set up on these servers. You follow them or you get suspended/action taken against you. Simple as that. While you don't have to participate in the RP you are in no way entitled to disrupt it. You are free to play on the countless amounts of Non Roleplaying servers if the rules set up for Roleplaying ones bother you.

Now the whole "shouldn't run" thing you just mentioned is absolutely silly. And those RPers are a kind that take it way too seriously.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-20 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    But they are rping

Project 60 is rp
    The past couple days from what I have seen in Stormwind and in trade only has shown thinly-veiled attempts at RPing while trying to troll. Maybe some members are honestly not trying to grief, but a fair share of them are going into Stormwind and other lowbie zones to be a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Honestly I don't know why they had to roll on an RP realm at all, there are tons of very low pop servers to chose from.
    It's because RP servers have all that cross realm and sharding bull crap turned off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's because RP servers have all that cross realm and sharding bull crap turned off.
    Which was done for RPers so they could RP, not so you could piggy back and ruin their experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So RP'ers are upset that non-RPer's are playing on a Role Playing realm? I mean if that's the case then they have a decent complaint and I know Blizzard has taken action against non-rper's on rp realms.
    Really? I used to play on Feathermoon and idiots all the time would go around and try to ruin RP and yell RP should abolished...on a RP server. No one ever did anything about it and eventually I just left the server because it fell apart.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Okay so you want to RP the asshole, that's fine, but here is something you need to understand, RPing is about all parties having an equal say in the RP, its a group activity. By parking your mount on someone you are what is known as godmodding in the RP community. That is you are doing something they have no answer for. It's basically like playing cops and robbers as a kid and going "you can't kill me, I'm ROBOCOP!". Now if they could somehow punch you in the face for being an asshole and parking your mount on people, which is generally a response to someone being an asshole, and have it have the same impact as your giant mamoth (i.e not just a line of text) then it would be fine, but since they can't, well you're just being a dick, and not just in character.

TBH it's not a long term problem since a lot of the project60 hype is due to Classic being announced and people wanting to stream lvl 60 content, which you can't do if you play on a private server since it's against TOS.

This isn't a big deal and people who say it is are just salty that something new is happening. There's an ignore feature and it takes little effort to use it. You could also report people for harassment if you really wanted to.

No big deal, move along.

Don't worry. They are already getting bored of 60 and are preparing to do project 70. Last time they've did something like this it lasted for a month. onCe he streamers stop streaming it all the guilds will die.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Which was done for RPers so they could RP, not so you could piggy back and ruin their experience.
    I'm not doing it, I'm not even on the same continent, I'm just explaining why. The sad part is that Ion said in a Q&A that if you didn't like cross realm and sharding you should go play on a RP realm :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So RP'ers are upset that non-RPer's are playing on a Role Playing realm? I mean if that's the case then they have a decent complaint and I know Blizzard has taken action against non-rper's on rp realms.
    There's A LOT of pretty foul things happening in Goldshire that I feel deserves Blizzard response.

I mean like, naked gnomes begging druids in bear form to sexually assault them because they're only 6 years old 'in character'.

A lot of these interactions are mediated by addons outside of Blizzard's control, but when it comes to the language used and types of roleplay players get up to, Blizzard should investigate.

No sympathy for the creepy fucking pervos.

Not that I'm cheering on the project 60 tards either mind you. They can all rot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Level 60s are RPing as vanilla players.
    Yes, and some of those players are the most popular Twitch streamers. Which have a major following of underage incredibly immature players who are going to RP servers and completely avoiding any form of RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I'm not an RPer but it's their realm, if that's how they wanna enjoy the game who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    TBH it's not a long term problem since a lot of the project60 hype is due to Classic being announced and people wanting to stream lvl 60 content, which you can't do if you play on a private server since it's against TOS.

This isn't a big deal and people who say it is are just salty that something new is happening. There's an ignore feature and it takes little effort to use it. You could also report people for harassment if you really wanted to.

No big deal, move along.
    Ignore doesn't deal with lag.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I bought the game with my money and pay for subscription, I can do want I want. If you have a problem with that, you can bite it.
    This is factually wrong. You don't own a piece of Warcraft, its Blizzard-Activision Entertainment renting it out for you. Said actual owner of the property also made rules for you to use their product that you are paying to have access for, including a set of guidelines and rules for RP Realms that are upheld to varying degrees.

You, me and basically any other player doesn't -own- anything in the game. You simply bought access to a rental and you agreed to a set of terms and conditions that you have to adhere to. If you don't then the owner of the product can punish, suspend or delete you from their userbase even if you had spent a metric ton of cash on your account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No sympathy for the creepy fucking pervos.

Not that I'm cheering on the project 60 tards either mind you. They can all rot too.
    I do RP now and then (not as much as in Classic though), and I find ERP mostly disgusting as well - especially some cases mentionned here.

It does not change the fact that this is an RP server and this douchebags from the retarded pseudo-vanilla project are not able to behave properly and should not have started their project on an RP server at all. This is a classical PvE topic, sans RP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I do RP now and then (not as much as in Classic though), and I find ERP mostly disgusting as well - especially some cases mentionned here.

It does not change the fact that this is an RP server and this douchebags from the retarded pseudo-vanilla project are not able to behave properly and should not have started their project on an RP server at all. This is a classical PvE topic, sans RP.

Meh. They can do whatever the fuck they want on whatever server they want. A blue already said that the only things you can report them for are harassment and non-RP names. The blue also said the leads of the project 60 team aren't responsible for those harassing other players.

At the end of the day MoonGuard is still the joke server of WoW.

I almost feel responsible for all of this. I made a post on here about how blizzard hurt the community with sharding and how it really hurt the RP servers. I got one or two responses saying they didnt even know RP servers were sharded. I think less than a day later, a blue post went up saying sharding has been removed from RP servers.

Actually i mentioned it on august 1st when i started a thread about asmongold. Sharding was removed on august 8th. Took about a week.

Whats kinda funny is most people posting in the thread about sharding were trying to tell me sharding was already removed from rp realms. And then they actually do remove it a week later.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-11-23 at 12:57 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

Sure, non-creepy RPers are weird, but that's okay leave them alone. They don't deserve anything bad.

But the creepy ERP-ers need to have their lives ruined. It's sad some others get caught in the crossfire of course.