Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Sorry, what in the blue hells have SJWs got to do with WoW classic? Is political correctness going to implement class changes? What are you talking about?

Just in case you were wondering on a position - I don't want changes to classic, nor am I fond of the extreme left. I just want to know how you connected the two.
    Because people unwilling to accept any kind of change tend to be statistically overwhelmingly conservative. And conservatives tend to hate the left.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Because people unwilling to accept any kind of change tend to be statistically overwhelmingly conservative. And conservatives tend to hate the left.
    No. Liking old vanilla and wanting to keep it the same, or asking for QoL changes doesn't say shit about your political affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    OR...

...they are Classic players who realize that although Vanilla WoW was probably the best game they ever played and have been looking forward to play it again for ages, they aren't wearing the nostalgia glasses and remember the game was also hugely flawed and extremely frustrating. Despite being awesome and people not quitting in vanilla the forums back then were FILLED with whiners and complainers, but they still all loved the game.

Now it's a second chance to get to play vanilla again, but imagine if this time some of the super shitty features could get fixed!? Why wouldn't this huge segment of WoW's playerbase be vocal now?

We don't Count because we have functioning memories and can recall how bad some features of vanilla were? Or we don't Count because we don't enjoy Legion? Nah, not having that.
    tbh, maybe vanilla isn't for you then? I was 12 years old and raided in vanilla and did all kinds of craziness. I'm nowhere near capable of doing that now and I accept that. I plan to just quest through to experience the old world again for fun. They fixed all of those "problems" in expansions over the years so if they get fixed in a vanilla server then it's basically BC without outland. what would be the point?

I understand I'm a freak outlier considering at 12 years old I understood that the prot tree was worthless and always tanked as arms. and having a 12 year old tank raids was completely unheard of at the time, but hey, I was a smart kid with fuckall to do. I'm sure part of my love for vanilla is nostalgia and even as a kid I knew there were a ton of shitty things about the game, but I just dealt with it because they were part of the charm.
    Last edited by rasako; 2017-11-21 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    To me, it's case by case. I'm usually on the middle-left side politically but for WoW Vanilla, it's crucial to be conservative and be right-wing. It's not all black and white tho.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Are the mods ever going to start handing out infractions against the "purists" who continually bash on everyone, especially with such baited threads?

Honestly, this Classic section is a constant flame fest...

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    So asking for new models you can toggle on & off to attract new players is fragile?

AAAH what's the point....
    The type of player that is attracted to the "shinies" cannot appreciate what actual quality gameplay is. Current WoW is ther for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    People who can't cope with a harsher gaming environment, and need everything casualified otherwise they'll whine and complain about how OP or unbalanced things are.
    Purists MUST maintain a fierce anti-SJW/anti-Snowflake stance at all costs.
    The Devs said you are getting Vanilla so you are going to be getting Vanilla. Watcher already confirmed this via last weeks Q&A.

The only reason I see that you created this thread was to agitate people and phish for replies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol no, Vanilla is what Blizzard made during Vanilla times and not what you 'think' it is supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

They know, it means Wow from patch 1.0 to patch 1.12 before TBC
    If they talk to about 5 people in here, they will proberly not be able to agree on where between 1.0-1.12 to start Some hate the idea of starting at 1.0 and some hate the idea of starting at 1.12, so no.... Saying Vanilla is from patch 1.0 to patch 1.12 is still way too broad m8 xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    No. Liking old vanilla and wanting to keep it the same, or asking for QoL changes doesn't say shit about your political affiliation.
    It does if you keep calling the other side "SJW snowflakes" though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The type of player that is attracted to the "shinies" cannot appreciate what actual quality gameplay is. Current WoW is ther for them.
    Oh yeah, definitely, you decide who can appreciate and who cannot appreciate the gameplay
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Saying Vanilla is from patch 1.0 to patch 1.12 is still way too broad m8 xD
    That's why Blizzard will decide on it :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Classic is just a veiled attempt to remove the most toxic portion of the WoW community from the live version. So far it's already working for forums, all gathered in their own section bickering about who can eat the most nails.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's why Blizzard will decide on it :P
    Indeed, it is something Blizzard should decide, but apperantly they don't dare do it without community input and therefore things are apperantly up to us xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The toxic private server community strikes again. Never change

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    So there is no difference between reading Dr. Suess and Moby-Dick? Get out of here, kid. The level of delusion and ignorance...
    You want a gold star for reading a chapter book? Talk about participation trophy generation.

Classic does not necessarily equal Vanilla though.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    But then it wouldn't be Vanilla would it.
    Because "Vanilla" was clearly advertised in the name "World of Warcraft Classic".
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Haha no, Blizzard is not a democracy, vanilla means vanilla.
    Classic =/= Vanilla. Just throwing that out there.

Am I the only one who believes that the toxic private server purists are the same people who flood forums with xenophobic nazi racist bull crap elsewhere on the Internet? They sure do seem to use the same mannerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    WoW Classic is just a veiled attempt to remove the most toxic portion of the WoW community from the live version. So far it's already working for forums, all gathered in their own section bickering about who can eat the most nails.
    Holy shit that's exactly what it is.

Deleted
    So why always the anti-vanillaers are the loudest for QoL changes if supposedly they do not want to play classic ?