Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

'A stranger ruined my life and wants to stab me'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories...nts-to-stab-me

Imre is being stalked by a stranger. The woman was sent to prison for harassing him but she's being released and police have warned they think she's plotting to stab him.
    Worried for Imre's safety, they move him to a safe house.
    Another example of harassment against men that's often overlooked

10+ Year Old Account
    What was he wearing? He probably dressed like he deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthburt View Post
    Those skinny jeans are screaming rape me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Those skinny jeans are screaming rape me
    If he's wearing skinny jeans, he probably deserves it.

Have some self respect and wear proper jeans!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

He should carry some legal self defense items. And be willing to instantly use them.

Yes as much as there is sexism against women, there are also many double standards that benefit women that are less popular to talk about.
    They are more likely to get custody of their children simply because they are women. They statistically receive lighter sentences overall. They are perceived as less threatening and less of a danger to society. They also have an easier time gaining sympathy from the justice system than men do.
    This case is an unfortunate example of how female assailants aren't taken as seriously by the courts, and it should worry all of us.
    Like most people, I want equality, justice and safety for us all. This means that we should be affected and distraught by all kinds of discrimination, weather that be against women or against men.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...she's being released and police have warned they think she's plotting to stab him.
    Worried for Imre's safety, they move him to a safe house.
    If the threat is credible enough that the Old Bill moved him to a safe house, it is bizarre that she was allowed early release and then, when recalled to prison, not given a far longer sentence.

Prison should be, first and foremost, about removing the threat to society and she is clearly still a threat.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yes as much as there is sexism against women, there are also many double standards that benefit women that are less popular to talk about.
    They are more likely to get custody of their children simply because they are women. They statistically receive lighter sentences overall. They are perceived as less threatening and less of a danger to society. They also have an easier time gaining sympathy from the justice system than men do.
    This case is an unfortunate example of how female assailants aren't taken as seriously by the courts, and it should worry all of us.
    Like most people, I want equality, justice and safety for us all. This means that we should be affected and distraught by all kinds of discrimination, weather that be against women or against men.
    Because the facts back that up. Men commit far more crimes than women do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If the threat is credible enough that the Old Bill moved him to a safe house, it is bizarre that she was allowed early release and then, when recalled to prison, not given a far longer sentence.

Prison should be, first and foremost, about removing the threat to society and she is clearly still a threat.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Because the facts back that up. Men commit far more crimes than women do.
    Yes I know. But that fact shouldn't bear significance on individual cases of female assailants. The severity of the crimes committed shouldn't be diluted by the gender of the perpetrator. Women getting lighter sentences for the same crimes as men is wrong and discriminatory.
    The optics of how we perceive gender often interferes with how our justice operates. The same happens with race. Our preconceptions about certain groups should have no place in the court of law. That's my point.

police have warned they think she's plotting to stab him.
    Thanks police!
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    So the police think she's going to try and stab him, and all they do is warn the would be victim?? Surely if the police have credible evidence and reason to suggest she is still a threat then she shouldn't be released from jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

He should know better then to hang out where those kind of women hang out, that's just asking to be stabbed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Thanks police!
    After he gets stabbed:

Police: Well we did warn him...

"Is that a knife in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

"Both!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthburt View Post
    A nice shirt with a target on his back.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

You cant hold someone in prison for something they haven't done

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Okay grandpa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I wanna see the prison drawings/paintings she drew every day of her stabbing the guy. I know at least 1 exists.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

HAHAH! The police know that there's an attempt on his life and all they can do is warn him? How about doing their fucking jobs and arresting the crazy person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.