Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ashenvale for sure, already pretty contested lorewise.
    Southern Barrens already has a horde vs alliance theme so they could defo capitalize on that.
    Would be awesome to see them use settlements for these, crossroads, sentinel hill etc.

And this next bit is far out there, but I would love it if they would make these "timed events" like timewalking, and have the end result be affected by things like total score for horde vs alliance, which in turn would determine how that place looked / played until the next time the battle took place again.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2017-11-21 at 11:17 AM.

I've just had to go to Feralas as an Alliance for the first time ever to farm the damn Nightmare Dragon for the 13th Anniversary. (Salt, salt, salt.) And if the people who make the game don't decide the Alliance need a major holding in central Kalimdor (again) then I am very much going to start a massive RP event where we permanently siege Thunder Bluff until they give something to us.

Teldrassil is going away and those Night Elves that survive are going to want some familiarity. I can see Shandris taking all of Feralas by storm after defending Feathermoon Stronghold. There's not much around to contest her and, even working under the assumption that the events of Before the Storm will sever Tauren/Elf relations, they're going to struggle to mount a decent offensive.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2017-11-21 at 11:33 AM.

I would expect maybe 2 or 3 at launch, and a few possibly coming later - if and only if they are accepted well.

For locations, personally I would totally bet on conflict areas that we've had ever since classic, so basically Ashenvale, Southern Barrens (even though Alliance never really goes there game-wise, there is Alliance camps there that Horde players get to attack), and possibly something to tie Undercity into it, although that would be rather close to Arathi, so maybe not.

I would like to suggest another location in maybe south EK, but there really isn't much there. Stranglethorn has both Alliance and Horde encampments, but there really isn't any Stronghold there worth fighting about. Blasted Lands has Nethergarde Keep and Okril'lon Hold, which was overrun by Alt-Draenor forces, but those could be purged rather easily.

Deleted
    It's already confirmed it will only be 1 Warfront over the entire expansion, Stromgarde.

at 10:50.

More might be added, but it doesn't sound like it.

Why possible seige feature end up as a pve content... dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    My question is, if Warfronts end up being actually designed and added to the game, it's deffinitely not gonna be only one of them, because that would get old really fast.
    They said they are planning on having just one warfront so far. For the entire expansion. They might change their mind, obviously, but right now there is zero reason to expect more than one warfront, they are not planning to have more than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    from what they say zones will be phased permanently

western plaguelands (andorhal), northern stranglethorn vale , swamp of sorrow.
    If the zone is phased permanently what gives you the incentive to repeat the same Warfront multiple times?

Also I think Anderhal is GREAT idea for a warfront, and so is Swamp of Sorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They said they are planning on having just one warfront so far. For the entire expansion. They might change their mind, obviously, but right now there is zero reason to expect more than one warfront, they are not planning to have more than that.
    I just watched the interview added above and... That's a huge bummer. NOBODY is gonna be happy with replaying the same one map over and over again.
    That's why I said that we might not even see Warfronts make it into the game at all. If they run out of time, Warfronts is gonna be the first thing they cut, as it's not even near any completion at this time. And they don't even have a clear idea of what it should play like.

EDIT: That's the end of this thread then. My fav ideas were Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, Swamps of Sorrow and Andorhal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordoles View Post
    It's already confirmed it will only be 1 Warfront over the entire expansion, Stromgarde.
    There isn't exactly any confirmation of anything in there. All they said was that they are currently working on finishing this one, and that the system is expandable -- whatever that means. More at launch? More later? He was even asked straight up if there will only be one, and the response was "unknown at this point", so make of that what you will, but its no confirmation of exactly one or any other amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    There isn't exactly any confirmation of anything in there. All they said was that they are currently working on finishing this one, and that the system is expandable -- whatever that means. More at launch? More later? He was even asked straight up if there will only be one, and the response was "unknown at this point", so make of that what you will, but its no confirmation of exactly one or any other amount.
    Q: Back on the Warfronts: You guys announced Stromgarde. It is not the only Warfront out there. Right? Is there going to be more? I think there was some confusion on that.

A: Currently, Stormguarde is the Warfront that we are working on. Finalizing for this particular expansion pack. We don’t have much else to say beyond that other than we are working very hard at making it an awesome experience. [...]

Q: So the plan is just this one for this expansion, and then see how it works out, if we go further, or I guess it is unknown at this point.

A: At this point, we will see.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth

-------

Only one warfront is currently planned. They might do more if people like it / whatever, but only one is currently planned. The end.

Only one warfront is currently planned.
    Except they are not actually saying that. All they say is "we're working on this one but don't have anything to say about anything else", which could literally mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except they are not actually saying that. All they say is "we're working on this one but don't have anything to say about anything else", which could literally mean anything.
    When you say that, you say that because you can't say "yes, we will have more".

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    If the zone is phased permanently what gives you the incentive to repeat the same Warfront multiple times?

Also I think Anderhal is GREAT idea for a warfront, and so is Swamp of Sorrow!
    no is not the warfront that made the zone permanently phased, it's more like a storyline i expect to see something similar to theramore, we play a scenario and then bam the zone become phased; warfront will be phased in a different way, low level character will see a different arathi highland than what a capped char will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is assuming everything bar for small strips of land and TBC zones, the respective factions end up in control of the entirety of their continents.

Battle for Darkshore:The Alliance attempting to get a foothold after losing Ashenvale. Alternatively, the Horde would be able to fully isolate Hyjal.
    Potential followup would be Battle for Astranaar, as Alliance attempts to regain control of western Ashenvale.

Battle for Hinterlands: The Horde would attempt to drive the dwarves out of the Aerie Peak, cutting the Alliance easy access to the Plaguelands. The Alliance would cut short the Horde supply lines to Arathi Highlands, taking away the Horde's ability to project force further south.
    Potential follow up would be Battle for Andorhal, wth the Horde attempting to keep control of all of Plaguelands and eventually retake Undercity.

Battle for Badlands: The Alliance would push for complete control of everything south of Thandol Span. The Horde would attempt to cross into Loch Modan, to endanger logistics from Dun Morogh into Wetlands and Arathi Highlands. Victorious side also gets access to the metal deposits in the area.

Battle for Feralas: The Night Elves are not simply going to give up Feathermoon Stronghold. The Horde pushes for removal of the final large Alliance force on Kalimdor mainland, while the Alliance would gain access to push further north into Desolace and Stonetalon, opening a supply line to get fight back into Ashenvale.

this reminds me of the WoD garrison location topic.
    I think there will be just 1 Warfront throughout the expansion.

I hope for:

- Arathi Highlands - confirmed @ blizzcon)
    - Tirisfal Glades - big war between Horde and alliance in front of Undercity in the cinematic trailer, it probably will be a warfront i guess
    - Darkshore/Ashenvale - Teldrassil is burning, Horde army is in Darkshore/Ashenvale. Alliance might be too.
    - Southern Barrens - Since Cataclysm there is already an ongoing conflict here.
    - Stonetalon Mountains - Since Cataclysm there is already an ongoing conflict here.
    - Swamp of Sorrows/Blasted Lands - Was always a heavy contested zone.

And i guess there will be a warfront on both Zandalar and Kul'Tiras.

Only one warfront is currently planned. They might do more if people like it / whatever, but only one is currently planned. The end.
    You forgot to add this to the quote: "It is in a system that is definitely expandable. You can probably think of a couple locations right now that you are like: “wow… that would be really cool to fight in this particular location; and knock this race out of this particular continent. Wouldn’t that be rad?

1. It is expandable.
    2. "You can think of a couple locations" ... "knock this race out of this particular continent."

Couple locations I can think of: Exodar and Silvermoon.

1 Warfront at launch. Yes.

More Warfronts in future patches. Very likely, as the Battle for Azeroth intensifies through 8.2 and 8.3 and beyond.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guesses:

Stormgarde: already confirmed but makes sense. The Undercity is under siege, that means the Alliance are running supply lines up from Ironforge to support that war effort. Horde are pretty much guarenteed to lose the Undercity unless they can force the Alliance to capitulate resources elsewhere. Hitting their supply line is the best opportunity to do that since it immediately weakens the siege. Southshore is near the supply route, and Stormgarde operates a massive wall that would otherwise block the supply line to the Undercity Siege. Horde land at Southshore, try to take Stormgarde - if they succeed they could press forward and control the Thandol Span - preventing the Undercity Siege and then after that (later in expansion) an attack on Silvermoon.

Ashenvale: With Teldrassil burning the Horde see an opportunity to finally control the resource-wealthy Ashenvale to power their war effort and get the Night Elves away from Orgrimmar. But the reverse is also true, with Teldrassil burning there are hundreds of thousands of Night Elves displaced - and the nearest point of land is Darkshore. Ashenvale is going to get messy when both sides decide they need it simultaneously.

Silithus: Devs already confirmed that Silithus will be the site of a massive naval battle and contest - likely because C'thun is back (they hinted). Silithus is likely to be a warzone because part of this BFA stuff is harkening back to Vanilla etc warzones - and Silithus in Vanilla was where all the best PvP'rs pvp'd (it had a crystal collection mechanic between the factions, it was full of PvE'rs doing AQ raids, and it was one of the only zones you could hit 60 in for new levelers).

Stanglethorn: Grom'gol Base Camp being in Southern EK is too much a risk to Stormwind now that the BFA has begun - it's time to push the Horde off the continent. It also brings back that North STV PvP from original WoW that was so alluring.

These were all hallmarks of Vanilla WoW PvP hot zones - I think that's how they will pick them.

One I would like to see but kinda doubt:

Westguard Keep (Howling Fjord): We haven't seen much from Northrend in ages, but there is still a big massive continent up there full of resources - and it's pretty central to the whole ocean-war thing they have planned. The Undead have a strong encampment in Howling Fjord (Valgarde), the displaced Night Elves may partly end up in Grizzly Hills: attempting to restore Vordrassil (Grizzlemaw) now that Yogg Saron is presumed dead (for now, what is dead may never die). Control of Westguard Keep would present a prime opportunity for the Alliance to have multiple angles of attack on Zandalar and Kalimdor. Stability in Valgarde (Undead) would enable them to supply Silvermoon in an any residual efforts to retake or retain a presence near Undercity.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-11-21 at 08:13 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Warfronts should be scrapped; the entire idea sounds like Garrisons 2.0, i.e. cool in theory, horrible to implement, and low on return.

I hope we get at least two, Stromgarde and somewhere in Ashenvale or Darkshore. Them touting up Warfronts as a new feature and only have 1 of them would reek of Garrisons all over again.

Albeit maybe it's the only Horde vs Alliance Warfront; given that it's purely PvE content they could always make a Player vs Naga/N'zoth forces ones if they wanted in later patches.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    - Tirisfal Glades - big war between Horde and alliance in front of Undercity in the cinematic trailer, it probably will be a warfront i guess
    I think it is actually the opening scenario to the expansion.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh