Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OP is delusional if he thinks half of the bullshit thread aren't actually coming from people who were playing pirate servers. Starting with the demand to do 1.12 (and with updates bug fixes). Others are complete mormons and will lose their shit if one blade of grass... I mean, one game-breaking bug is out of place, because ARGLEBARGLEEEAAARR THIS IS NOT VANILLA!!!!1

At this point? Fuck Kern, fuck everyone who tries to smear this steaming toxic pile of gamergate shit all over OUR (yes, O U R - as in, common for the playerbase...) Classic, fuck everyone who thinks they're superior because they're furtively farming boars on pirate servers as opposed to PAYING FOR THE GAME (and playing it currently). Classic is not yours to take. Your opinion is not better.

Thank you for your attention, infraction incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Do people wanting "Classic" servers really still see retail players as the enemy?

No it's the retail players that see the 'classic' servers as the enemy.

We know we are getting vanilla, and they hate that we will have fun in a good game while they will be sitting in garrison and clicking on lootboxes.

Dear Vanilla players,

How fucking fragile are you? That every criticism of Vanilla may bring down this house of cards you've constructed around the original game?

If it's so amazing, how come everyone who points out a shortcoming must be silenced? Will Vanilla not answer them instead?

Or are you worried that people on Nostalrius, etc, really wanted free World of Warcraft, and weren't that bothered by Vanilla after all? It was after all in Wrath that WoW reached it's peak player count and popularity.

I guess time will tell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    13k peak on weekend is huge. That's several hundred k of "active monthly players".

Seriously, the amount of interest in classic is huge, it's seen all over, including in the number of likes / threads / posts on this and other sites. How well can that amount of interest convert to players of classic is another story, but the sheer numbers *are* surprisingly big. We are talking about the levels of interest comparable to the levels of interest in the next expansion of release. That's big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    For a private server that is pretty massive, most of the ones I've checked out have done good to have a couple hundred on the weekends. The other thing is lots of people just won't play on them, whether that is due to it being illegal, or the fact your progress can be doomed to fail at any time. It was large enough of a group to get their attention, that we do know for sure.
    And a 3.3.5 server I play on sometimes is pulling 12k (server cap) on work/school nights, and across the other 3.3.5 realms about 18k on worknight (at least stats from last night.) Heres an image of the biggest realm there.

Thing is, the vast majority of those players wouldn't play on a blizz server if they had to pay. (going off of guild and pugs I asked over the past years).
    (They also had 12k on TBC last night)

So 13k isn't really that big for private servers, especially considering there is a higher amount of botters and gold sellers than on payed servers.

Sure, a lot of people wan't classic, but the correlation between private servers and people wanting it isn't that strict.
    Since people playing on private might not want them from blizz, while people wanting them from blizz might not play on private.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    <SNIP >
    I guess time will tell.
    Time indeed will tell. That is about the only coherent thing you said in your drunken rant.

Time will tell.

Deleted
    As a somewhat hardcore person (generally performing top 10-50 as my spec (Feral)) I don't really give a shit about the classic servers, I'll probably check them out, maybe even put in some decent amount of time if they release it when progression is over on retail (end of expansion raid).

But it'd mainly be for the leveling, as the end-game is just a massive piece of unbalanced, unpolished, poorly designed, frustrating mess.

I'd love there to be some changes like --> Paladins blessing being "Greater" on day 1, remove paladin loot/shaman loot from the horde/alliance loot table in raids, change how energy charges, buff MC loot so people actually use it rather than going from Dungeon loot --> BWL loot, in turn skipping MC loot almost entirely. Add more debuff slots on day 1 and compensate by giving bosses more HP. And make some general class balancing and make some specs more viable (Feral comes to mind). And in general, add more difficulty to raiding (I genuinly don't know how to do this without changing the vanilla raids significantly, but I do think MC, BWL, AQ40 and Naxx40 are way too easy for 2017 players)

I dno, maybe that makes me a "filthy casual" or some shit. But I think Vanilla can be improved upon so that retail players who are used to a tougher raiding experience can enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesque View Post
    But I think Vanilla can be improved upon so that retail players who are used to a tougher raiding experience can enjoy it.
    If you play retail why would you want to play vanilla? Vanilla is for those who are not playing retail.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a somewhat hardcore person (generally performing top 10-50 as my spec (Feral)) I don't really give a shit about the classic servers, I'll probably check them out, maybe even put in some decent amount of time if they release it when progression is over on retail (end of expansion raid).
    I'm with you on that one, my time investment depends highly on it's release date in BfA's patch cycle.

But it'd mainly be for the leveling, as the end-game is just a massive piece of unbalanced, unpolished, poorly designed, frustrating mess.
    While I'm enjoying how closer the classes are now than in Vanilla, in my specific case I wouldn't mind since I would main a prot warrior (warrior is also retail main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    If you play retail why would you want to play vanilla? Vanilla is for those who are not playing retail.
    No, Classic (I persume) is gonna be packaged with your wow subscription. I'm gonna play it, I played on Nost and quite liked it. Why shouldn't retail players play on the classic servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear private server players, don't mess this up for everyone. As private server hosted on blizzard hardware is not something to look forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, this might even beat "You think you do but you don't" for worst statement of the decade.

Anyone (who wants to pay probably) will be able and allowed to play on classic. Why should it matter if you are or aren't enjoying the retail version? I know plenty of people that enjoy both experiences.

I'd love there to be some changes like --> Paladins blessing being "Greater" on day 1, remove paladin loot/shaman loot from the horde/alliance loot table in raids, change how energy charges, buff MC loot so people actually use it rather than going from Dungeon loot --> BWL loot, in turn skipping MC loot almost entirely. Add more debuff slots on day 1 and compensate by giving bosses more HP. And make some general class balancing and make some specs more viable (Feral comes to mind). And in general, add more difficulty to raiding (I genuinly don't know how to do this without changing the vanilla raids significantly, but I do think MC, BWL, AQ40 and Naxx40 are way too easy for 2017 players)

I dno, maybe that makes me a "filthy casual" or some shit. But I think Vanilla can be improved upon so that retail players who are used to a tougher raiding experience can enjoy it.
    Just to make a slight correction, the paladin/shaman loot showing up in the opposite faction didn't happen until the TBC pre-patch, I never once saw it drop prior to that happening in any of our raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'm with you on that one, my time investment depends highly on it's release date in BfA's patch cycle.

While I'm enjoying how closer the classes are now than in Vanilla, in my specific case I wouldn't mind since I would main a prot warrior (warrior is also retail main)
    Yeah... I really don't like the concept of warrior tanks in vanilla. Since more tank damage means more threat, you're gonna get funneled gear as a warrior tank and basically hold the raid hostage if you don't get your gear.

It they made protection paladin/Feral druids more viable, warriors would have competition and the gear would be given to the most skilled tank, not the one who chose the correct spec...

Although, to be fair... Most tier is designed around 1 role, which is so fucking dumb IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Dear private server players, don't mess this up for everyone. As private server hosted on blizzard hardware is not something to look forward
    What do you mean?

Don't you want to be able to buy donation points and in turn top end PvE/PvP gear? And go vote every 11 hours for your server to get vote points to buy gear? /s

(I know nost didn't have this, but a lot of private servers have it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Just to make a slight correction, the paladin/shaman loot showing up in the opposite faction didn't happen until the TBC pre-patch, I never once saw it drop prior to that happening in any of our raids.
    You're probably correct on that, might've been an urban legend I ate up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh wow, this might even beat "You think you do but you don't" for worst statement of the decade.

Anyone (who wants to pay probably) will be able and allowed to play on classic. Why should it matter if you are or aren't enjoying the retail version? I know plenty of people that enjoy both experiences.
    Supposedly retail players enjoy retail, supposedly they have no time for vanilla, supposedly vanilla will have less players.

If I go with your logic, majority of retail players will switch to vanilla and retail will die a few months laters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I really don't like the concept of warrior tanks in vanilla. Since more tank damage means more threat, you're gonna get funneled gear as a warrior tank and basically hold the raid hostage if you don't get your gear.

It they made protection paladin/Feral druids more viable, warriors would have competition and the gear would be given to the most skilled tank, not the one who chose the correct spec...

Although, to be fair... Most tier is designed around 1 role, which is so fucking dumb IMO.
    As someone who wants to get all the gear, I'll refer you to the first quote in my signature...
    Naxx is gonna be a hell, having to share gear drops with 8 other warrior tanks...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Time indeed will tell. That is about the only coherent thing you said in your drunken rant.

Time will tell.
    I love how passive-aggressive Vanilla fanoboys get when you state a fact: a lot of people like to play games because they are free. If this lot will be the 10% or 50% or 60% of "Private Servers" crowds, time will tell.

Deleted
    Supposedly retail players enjoy retail, supposedly they have no time for vanilla, supposedly vanilla will have less players.

If I go with your logic, majority of retail players will switch to vanilla and retail will die a few months laters.
    Who's saying this? Ofc you have time for more than 1 game at a time, especially since vanilla really doesn't require as much of a comittment as retail when it comes to raiding.

And why would retail die? Because players are spending more time on 2 of blizzards wow titles?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I love how passive-aggressive Vanilla fanoboys get when you state a fact: a lot of people like to play games because they are free. If this lot will be the 10% or 50% or 60% of "Private Servers" crowds, time will tell.
    Newsflash: majority of blizzard players did not play on private servers, the populace that will play on Blizzard server is even HIGHER than private server