Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    I will take a neckbeard vanilla over SJW main anyday. thank you.
    so servers are sjws now?

Deleted
    Hook, line and sinker. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.

Editorino for haters below and above:

Vanillia WoW is a typical golden bollock.

In reality it was one of the biggest mmo-culture flops ever. When Ultima Online made tight communities were people talked to each other and respected each other the WoW devolved players into mentally-unstable loot pinata hunters. Loot was everything and the power-lvl jump was so insane people were going bonkers to get it. Everything was second to loot - guildies, real life, friends and family. The sheep were herded by manchild guild leaders enjoying their sick power trips. Long, mechanically simple but tedious raids spewed new breed of miserable no-lifes. All those derogatory gamer-memes we have today were born in vanillia WoW. Non-gamers lost respect for mmo-players mostly thanks to WoW.

People who want true vanillia experience want to jump on this sick bandwagon and that's why I'm totally against raising this abomination of a mmo game. Majority of mmo-players have grown beyond the simpleton that vanillia WoW was. It belongs to the past and should stay there.
    Good to know you won't be playing Classic, would hate to run into toxic venom-spewing individuals like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If you can't beat them, join them. I've already decided that I'm going to level a Rogue on the Classic servers and spend all my off time on Retail corpse camping people for hours in STV.
    You think that you're sticking it to us but we literally want you to do that. Please.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

He's not totally wrong.

I had countless bad experiences with toxic people in vanilla. I remember there was almost always a double-edge sword in vanilla, in that getting in a good progression guild meant dealing with toxic pieces of crap. The better the guild the worse it generally was. You'll be able to get gear, but it'll take an big emotional toll on you dealing with those people. One example I remember just joining one and doing a UBRS guild run and someone looted a mob real quick during trash and the roll option came up. The leader b@$#hed the guy and the raid out on vent for 5 minutes straight, at the top of his lungs, and then booted him out of the guild. Situations like this were not uncommon.

The people it tends to attract (not everyone), are people that can't find better ways to spend time and have low real world social value. It's an easy way to feel important, all you have to do is spend more time in the game and you are more powerful/important in the virtual world.

But its unhealthy AF and attracts toxic people. IE in time the people that stick around will likely fall more into this category. But I suspect there will be some tourists too that are just playing casually for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Trafalgar View Post
    I think you are the one with selective memory
    I've never seen someone say "give us legacy servers or retail will die"

lol maybe some random dude said it one time or something and left you a scar?

You are crazy, i like you
    You not having seen the bile =/= it didn't happen. How someone's managed to miss it when it was at its peak during WoD however... Oh well, selective sight I assume.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I suggested to add new models you can toggle on and off and someone told me to kill myself.

If this is not toxicity i don’t know what is.

Those vanilla whores need to learn to discuss things rationally instead of throwing dumb words that contribute to nothing but reduce their IQ to double digit.

I don’t mind being proven wrong with facts and deductions which is something i rarely see in classic discussion.
    This forum is awful for its toxicity, in game will be a different kettle of fish as soon as the retailers die off and go back to BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    This forum is awful for its toxicity, in game will be a different kettle of fish as soon as the retailers die off and go back to BfA.
    ... How does that compute with the toxicity coming from non-"Retailers" whom are the staunchest advocates for Classic servers...?

Also: The behaviour seen on some of the biggest Private servers...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-22 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    Blizzard opened a can of worms with this whole classic WoW reveal. Huge mistake. The so called "vanillia" players are some of the most vile neckbeard trolls I've seen in my gaming life. Why would anyone in his right mind want to play in such toxic atmosphere? Ubelievable.

Bad decision, this whole classic will be a downfall of Blizz and a useless money sponge.

They should drop it when they still have time. Let kids and retards sit on unofficial servers.
    So clearly toxic players are for AND against vanilla servers as you so eloquently pointed out.

The beauty of Vanilla is that you have to work with others in order to complete most content. If you wanna be stupid and put on everyone's ignore list, you can't just queue into LFR and get lucky and titanforge up to normal+ gear or just do WQ's. Toxicity isn't as blatantly obvious in legion because you can do most content the average player would want to do without ever typing in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Do you constantly run into horrible people in game? The few I ever see are just epeen strokers slobbering on a dps meter and they are few and far between.
    On Area-52 for Horde and Stormrage for Alliance. Typically, yes. Thats most of my interactions with people. Either you join groups where theyre calling a sub par dps faggots, racial epitaphs, threatening to kick x player because of x reason. Honestly, lfr/lfd is the most toxic experience of WoW outside of League of Legends. On good days, even when you pug normals you might run into a silent group. Being a tank, i hate learning new content because of how rediculously ragey the community gets. It just makes the whole experience poor.

If you say that that isnt the case for you, good. I hopd you never experience it. But I do as much as possible on 3 different tanks as often as I can. I have a very difficult time believing the validity oc your statement

Classic is a mistake upon these forums, that’s for sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the op and the last couple of pages of posts. This doesn't need to live on any longer.

Rant threads that insult everyone who might have a different opinion never create any discussion worth having. Plus there are other threads to post opinions in if that's how you want it to be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."