Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Then again..... a huge part of vanilla players are not going to live again the vanilla experience with classic. It will be different for them, and not in good way. Blizzard (or just you) can put two fingers inside each of their ears repeating "we (they) just provide the game" that simply means the experience will be altered for a lot of people.

How hypocrite or stupid is it to scream "we want the trve cvlt vanilla experience" when things like the ToS have changed and dont allow things we could do at that time. Its not likely to be reverted just for classic so it's pretty clear yo dont get the true vanilla experience. We'll get a 2018 weak aura, quest helper and something to use like the group finder (no harm since its allowed now or a feature blizz added later on) and people like you will pretend it's the true vanilla experience? How many people played (and got carried by healers with decursive and healbot) with only the basic UI and how many of them are coming back to classic? I count you as one, how many more?
    Please understand, Blizz can do that
    put two fingers inside each of their ears repeating "we (they) just provide the game"
    thing, simply, because back in classic times they gave the game to the players. They didn't have to/want to encourage or discourage ppl to use addons with the game, they just let that gate, that possibility open, so the players' classic experience became an addon+game combo, instead of just the game without addons. And the rights to alter their own product, how it handles addons (which are not part of the game and are not designed/published by Blizz, only by the fanbase, the players), is completely legal, because it's their own product. You are not entitled to demand that combined experience from Blizz. You are entitled to demand the classic game only, not the addons.

In a perfect world back in classic WoW you should have played the game without addons, and in the future you are going to play it without addons, so that's the most similar classic experience you can get.

In reality, you played it with addons, and in the future you are going to play it with addons. It's how it works and Blizz provides the game for it. And don't be in the false hope that you are going to experience classic WoW on a day in the future on the exact same way you did in the past. It's repeating an old game in the future, not the exact same memories from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Or they read years of incessant bitching and whining for Vanilla and how much better it was in all respects, and just give us that, and so now you're getting it how about you all sit down and play what you asked for.

Also your class recollections are nonsense. As with most anyone crying for vanilla.
    wtf?! do you think you scare anyone? "just sit and play it" - yes i will definitely will. QQ more and as i play vanilla with "cancer flight paths" i will feast on your yummy tears and won't have to get up from the chair to eat like a real hardcore

15+ Year Old Account
    Since no-one else did it:

Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

We cant use 2005 addon in the game anymore. Blizzard restricted a lot of action an addon can do, and added features/mechanics/tweeks later on so those prohibited addons are not needed anymore. They are not going to revert the restrictions, and purists dont want the tweeks added post vanilla. Something will go wrong here.

And "if I think so"? Not really.... just a discussion=/=confirmed by Blizzard. Its fact like 1+1=2
    There wont be any restrictions to revert because these restrictions don't exist in the 1.x code. Pretty simple really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    There wont be any restrictions to revert because these restrictions don't exist in the 1.x code. Pretty simple really
    Im not into the technical stuff but do you believe blizzard will allow healers to use the old decursive or healbot, being able to heal the right toon, with the right rank of the right spell, by simply spamming a single immobile icon on the screen? Sincère question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I see "hand-holding" has become one of the new buzzwords tossed around.
    That's basically what it was with those cheater addons. But it was so effective they were basically mendatory to heal hl raids. You had to use downranked spells to manage your mana, and the encounter were still hard to beat despite these addons. I can see lots of healers giving up and roll DPS or quit if they have to do it all manually.

Deleted
    I generally think the best move for blizzard is to release WoW Classic as pure as possible. Adding further changes can just lead to people being unhappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenz View Post
    Why are we still posting in these threads? Ion has actually come out and said they won't be majorly changing or adding anything to the original game at all during the latest developer chat. Until someone else from Blizzard officially contradicts this or he back-peddles that is how it I perceive Blizzards stance to be. Anything new that people add to their personal wish lists is baseless at the moment.
    There is ample basis to view the topic as not -quite-as-simple as 'blue says, case closed.'

here are 6

1) blizzard's broad game design choices made since the merger

2) blizzard's stated core values and how they have diverged from how classic was (ref - pardo 2014 MIT presentation)

3) public statements repeatedly over the years by kotick on his vision for how a mass market game company needs to make games, and how his company does so (also see 1)

4) A/B being publicly traded which increases bias towards 'sure thing' performance path vs. riskier options in design/tuning. Make the McMMO, basically, and don't worry about the taste. Worry about marketing. A/B has 4b in debt from the King acquisition as well. large debt levels typically don't lead to sentimental design decisions.

5) What can only be orchestrated use of terms such as 'classic game experience' and 'feels classic' by blues in the days/weeks after the announcement. It is critical to manage vocal classic community expectations in the coming months.

6) most former players did NOT play classic, many more played tbc and/or wotlk, and blizzard product design would take that into consideration.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2017-11-23 at 03:39 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Perhaps this was Blizzard's cunning plan to finally get the Vanilla server crowd off their back. Announce Classic and watch the community tear itself apart disagreeing over every little thing.

Divide and conquer.
    Finally, someone who had the same thought. And little more than that, IMO - it'll also make BfA look a world better on top of it. If that was their intention, they deserve a standing ovation.

Not the classic community lol plebs for some reason are coming out trying to sabatoge classic, they arent part of the community thats wanted classic, kinda funny

10+ Year Old Account
    they just need to pick a starting patch, that should be the argument, launch as is, with the exception of fixing game breaking bugs and exploits, there are no too many of those to impact the classic vibe

Quote Originally Posted by sumerian999 View Post
    If you've been following the WoW Classic discussions across all media, you must've noticed that the community, which was once united in their single purpose of having Vanilla servers, is now fracturing itself between radicals, moderates and liberals (reformists).
    Those that want changes were never part of the "vanilla community". Many of them are just trolls or fucking idiot trolls. These forums are a heaven for those fuckers, just open a thread "What about LFR in classic?" and enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by sumerian999 View Post
    I respect the 10% who actually know what they're in for. But the rest are, in my opinion, and excuse my brutality, pampered hypocrits who wanted to feel like special snowflakes by constantly whining for Vanilla servers, because ''THE PAST IS ALWAYS BETTER AND BECAUSE NOSTALGIA MAKES ME FORGET ALL THE PROBLEMS THE GAME HAD AT THE TIME''.
    I've been saying this the entire time the whole vanilla thing has been going. The majority of the vanilla lovers are just parrots repeating what others say cause hating everything blizzard does is the thing to do right now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Those that want changes were never part of the "vanilla community". Many of them are just trolls or fucking idiot trolls. These forums are a heaven for those fuckers, just open a thread "What about LFR in classic?" and enjoy...
    I was part of the "vanilla community" and I can tell you I'm not part of the "radicals".

If you think "vanilla vets wants it untouched, only CATA babies asks for QoL and HD graphics", you are wrong. There is a wide range of opinions among players of any period.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-11-23 at 05:12 PM.

It's like you guys are just figuring out that one of you wants kids and that the other one hates them.

As someone who doesn't particularly care what happens with/to Classic, I find it extremely entertaining.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2017-11-23 at 05:40 PM.

Im not into the technical stuff but do you believe blizzard will allow healers to use the old decursive or healbot, being able to heal the right toon, with the right rank of the right spell, by simply spamming a single immobile icon on the screen? Sincère question.

All Decursive and Detox do is allow you to set priorities and then click the name in a list order. Absolutely necessary given the limitations of the old interface.
    Even if you use a "modern" interface like Luna in 1.12 you can get a highlight on the bars of the person who needs decursing/dispelling. I don't see a problem with either of these but then I'm not familiar with the retail interface or if dispelling and debuffs are even a thing in retail.

I've not used Healbot but I don't think most serious guilds would take players who use it. You might top healing meters but if you don't also have the capacity to make the decisions yourself then you're gonna fuck up eventually. Healbot can't predict incoming damage spikes or know about incoming encounter mechanics (afaik).

Deleted
    I was part of the "vanilla community" and I can tell you I'm not part of the "radicals".

If you think "vanilla vets wants it untouched, only CATA babies asks for QoL and HD graphics", you are wrong. There is a wide range of opinions among players of any period.
    Exactly, even the the ones who have wanted legacy servers for long time don't seem to even realize what they are putting up on surveys. People being okay with likes of Dire Mauls and BGs being available at launch, then saying the experience would be authentic are just hilarious. They are pushing the goal post rather far themselves, but then something optional that wouldn't even affect gameplay comes out and out come the torches and pitchforks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    I generally think the best move for blizzard is to release WoW Classic as pure as possible. Adding further changes can just lead to people being unhappy.
    Indeed. If they launch it with changes they won't please anyone. Us that want it pure will be upset and people that want "changes" won't be either as they will complain of why X or Y change/quality of life/whatever wasn't added too.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Those who were a part of the Vanilla community and saw the progress of WoW are also the only ones who would be able to recognize how flawed it was and ask for change where it's needed. The changes that we want aren't all 'QoL LFR EZMODE', but it's so much easier to attack that isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Says who? I've been fighting for this for years, signed the petition and everything and I wouldn't mind some changes where they make sense.