Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is a defenseless dog?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Lantash View Post
    It is always the owner. Train your dog and learn to read its body language, no dog ever just attacks, there is always a trigger. Its your responsibility as an owner to assess and control any situation. If your dog attacks you failed in your responsibility.
    Yes they do just attack sometimes. I have had several dogs in my life that tried to bite me or my daughter unprovoked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Yes they do just attack sometimes. I have had several dogs in my life that tried to bite me or my daughter unprovoked.
    That's just your side of the story
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's just your side of the story
    Nothing I do that provokes when I am just walking down the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Nothing I do that provokes when I am just walking down the street.
    Animals are territorial.

Animals are territorial.
    They were not in their homes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were not in their homes.
    So? Their territory is not confined in the space of their homes. They also most certainly are not allowed to pee at their homes and guess how they mark territory?

So? Their territory is not confined in the space of their homes. They also most certainly are not allowed to pee at their homes and guess how they mark territory?
    You think someone provokes them when they just walk on the street and are at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    their trainer/owner is the piece of shit, not the dog.

also, when i walk my dog i usually try to find a nice big stick to carry around too. usually just a limb thats fallen from a tree or something. i live in a town with a fair share of stray or feral animals, so you gotta be prepared.
    these dogs are piece of shits. Pitbull are aggressive. Yes the way you raise them can change everything but other dogs that have been badly raised dont "press the trigger" as easily as pitbulls. Thus we should get rid of them because I don't want my life to rely on how my neighbor is a good master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most territorial dog will give warnings first, such a growling. If a dog goes straight for biting, it's either an owner problem or a neuological problem.

and here, "unprovoked" means the person didnt do anything intentionally to provoke a dog, and walking in a PUBLIC street is not intentionally provoking, unless you think dogs and their owners own a public street.

I had a pit bull attack my dog unprovoked. She wasn't even looking at the dog, we were passing by on the sidewalk (going to add here--it was a very wide sidewalk).

In all fairness however, to a dog "being provoked" might mean getting too close (whatever it thinks "too close" means) to it or the owner. Which is completely unacceptable if you're going to walk your dog in a public area and cannot control its aggression. It is your responsibility to either control your dog better, or purchase muzzles.

Ideally, both.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand this. Pit bulls are bred for nothing but aggression and killing potential. Yet people are confused when they kill.

Do you get confused when a gun is used to kill? It fulfilled it's entire purpose for existence. As did the pit bull.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    You think someone provokes them when they just walk on the street and are at fault?
    Think? I know. That's how some dogs behave in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Most territorial dog will give warnings first, such a growling. If a dog goes straight for biting, it's either an owner problem or a neuological problem.
    Most is not all.
    If you don't see the warning doesn't mean there wasn't one, after all you are just walking down the street, minding your own humany bees knees, all the dog knows is you ignored the warning and you are trespassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and here, "unprovoked" means the person didnt do anything intentionally to provoke a dog, and walking in a PUBLIC street is not intentionally provoking, unless you think dogs and their owners own a public street.
    "Oh, i'm sorry, I'm sorry mist *sniff* miss(is) human I didn't know you didn't mean to provoke".

Stop humanizing dogs, seriously, they are animals. domestic dogs are rather stupid ones at that.

Jail the owner and put the dogs down.

Walking down the street is not provoking anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Most is not all.
    If you don't see the warning doesn't mean there wasn't one, after all you are just walking down the street, minding your own humany bees knees, all the dog knows is you ignored the warning and you are trespassing.

"Oh, i'm sorry, I'm sorry mist *sniff* miss(is) human I didn't know you didn't mean to provoke".

Stop humanizing dogs, seriously, they are animals. domestic dogs are rather stupid ones at that.
    Sounds like the dog and owners problem, not the victim.

and what part of that was humanizing dogs? If anything, its understanding dog behavior. You're unlikely to find any dog behaviorist that says walking in a public space is provoking a normal dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You don't need a gun to stop a pit bull... That's a massive amount of overkill. Just grab the fucking dogs legs.
    Lol good luck with your facial reconstructive surgery when you try pull a pit bull by the legs off its prey

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol good luck with your facial reconstructive surgery when you try pull a pit pull by the legs off its prey

They are not normally that big.

They are not normally that big.
    They dont need to be, they are pure dense muscle with powerful jaws. They are built like tanks

you aint running either

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They dont need to be, they are pure dense muscle with powerful jaws. They are built like tanks
    They are in the 16-30 kg range if male and 14-27 if female. An adult male could jump on its back and it would break the back.