Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Honestly, I expected them to half ass it like they did the past two squishes.
    Past 2 squishes? When was the 2nd one?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    So then there is no real reason for the stat squish now is there?? as the only reason for a stat squish is feelings...
    I thought it was because the devs did not like the way the extremely large numbers displayed.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I thought it was because the devs did not like the way the extremely large numbers displayed.
    And how exactly is that not feelings?? It is their liking, there is no actual need for it.

I am a big fan of things like this I mean 3,000,000,000 and say 3,000 the only difference is how many zeros you have to read. I feared for Diablo 3 style numbers this expansion after the Diablo devs hijacked this game with many of Legions systems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, i'm european and 1BN is 1000 x M. Math is logical and universal, 1+1=2 no matter where you are.
    In english. In hungarian we have long scale so million for ^6, milliard for ^9, and billiard is ^12

That said who cares about hungarian. The game is english and short scale is better. Localization shouldn't dictate the numbers. And even if it does, it's only the floating dmg numbers. They can just change that based on the language. The underlying number would still be the same.

Also Xperl uses SI prefixes so HPs are xM for the millions and xG for the billions.

Twinking keeps getting the shaft. I wonder if the 840+ epics will continue to scale the powerlevel of 101 toons like they currently do - it'd be a pity if twinking kept being pushed as a [last expansion max level + 1] thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianova View Post
    I am a big fan of things like this I mean 3,000,000,000 and say 3,000 the only difference is how many zeros you have to read. I feared for Diablo 3 style numbers this expansion after the Diablo devs hijacked this game with many of Legions systems.
    The big problem i have with it is leveling, even now you won't really find any power upgrade in your char until you get to Pandaria, and even then its minimal. And this is still from the first power squish.

Yea they are going to "upgrade the leveling experience", but that basically comes down to having everything scale, so again no real feel of power increase.

If its only a few zero's here and there then it would not really matter now would it? If the original scaling would still be a thing at least we would still have a solid leveling experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Twinking keeps getting the shaft. I wonder if the 840+ epics will continue to scale the powerlevel of 101 toons like they currently do - it'd be a pity if twinking kept being pushed as a [last expansion max level + 1] thing.
    Those are still noticeable power ups aren't they? So I assume that would still be true in BfA.

Still makes no sense. People are just afraid of big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    To US people, a billion means a thousand million. To Europeans a billion means a million million.
    Europe gave up on that a while ago.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What the hell, why?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the change. I just find it curious that you find happiness in a change that is meant to relieve the system of "burden" so to say but general feeling is going to be the same.
    Easier to read, less screen clutter. Rather than 1,578,958,294 going across my screen it’s now like 80,000-100,000. Big difference.

People who say it’s because others are afraid of big numbers are hilarious though. It’s not like anyone complained we have big numbers so obviously people aren’t afraid but smaller numbers are easier to read, process and deal with. Reducing screen clutter is probably the biggest positive for me.

I can’t see why people would prefer 1,583,747,388 over 100,00 on their screen. It doesn’t really matter to me but obviously if I had the choice I’d go with the option that didn’t clutter my screen as much.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-24 at 02:31 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stat squish should re-visit all items imo, as right now it's a huge mess for lower level items.

With the removal of spirit, and the recent change to pretty much itemize all items with str/int, or agi/int a lot changed.

Problem: Vastly different secondary stat distribution, or missing entirely.

Just look at Leather Boots alone since it's a non-heirloom piece, and only Quest Rewards to avoid random affixes:

http://www.wowhead.com/leather-armor...er=126;-2323;0

Simply a ton of items are missing secondary stats, or have very bad distribution.`

Now we will get player level scaling, there's no excuse for items missing secondary stats anymore, outside of like 1-10 level zones.

Even if we get items like 2 agi/2 sta/1 crit, it, allows it to scale up to let's say level 60 properly.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-24 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Easier to read, less screen clutter. Rather than 1,578,958,294 going across my screen it’s now like 80,000-100,000. Big difference.

People who say it’s because others are afraid of big numbers are hilarious though. It’s not like anyone complained we have big numbers so obviously people aren’t afraid but smaller numbers are easier to read, process and deal with. Reducing screen clutter is probably the biggest positive for me.

I can’t see why people would prefer 1,583,747,388 over 100,00 on their screen. It doesn’t really matter to me but obviously if I had the choice I’d go with the option that didn’t clutter my screen as much.
    I'm not too bugged by big numbers. I definitely prefer smaller numbers. However, I would definitely prefer 1,583,747,388 over 100,00 because the comma being in the wrong spot would literally make me go insane really quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Now here's hoping they don't fuck it all up only one or two expansions later only to have to do it again.
    They probably will. By the end of the expansion we'll probably be back over 100k in HP and in the expansion after starting in millions again

They should change stuff from an exponential growth to a linear growth.

have anyone made a comparison with vanilla item lvls and how it was better then?

dont see the point, once the 1rs raid drops expect those stupid 435984907534 stam items to drop again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    So how much damage does a level 1 do, 0.1 ?
    I mean, maybe, but I think Blizzard cares very, very little about anything remotely like balance below the level cap. That's not even really a bad thing, honestly. I guess the only casualty is low level BGs, but... no one's cared about those for damn near a decade or more at this point.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    thank you for replying after a month, doesnæt matter now, its happening, enjoy the cluster fuck like the first time they did this
    In what way was it a clusterfuck?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    In what way was it a clusterfuck?
    (Sorry I quoted you, this was aimed at your quotee)
    Like how is this a cluster fuck?
    I don't like hitting for 3,456,123 vs 3,455 which is easier to read easier to tell if what I did is making a difference just all around better
    I really feel the WoW community are a bunch of kids who freak out at every small change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, i'm european and 1BN is 1000 x M. Math is logical and universal, 1+1=2 no matter where you are.
    \

I`m sorry its not true, the actual math is indeed logical and universal but the actual wording of the numbers can be anything

I`m dutch and in my language for instance we do say 1 billion is 1million x 1million. It gets confusing pretty fast and i certainly favor the American system since having a new name for each increment after a 1000x is far more logical to me. But than again, i get in touch with English/USA based material so much that i can even barely understand the EU system now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_large_numbers