Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

exodia quest mage

if u play this or similar decks ure the scourge on earth. fucking disgusting, uninteractive, solitaire piece of shit deck
    u cant feel good about winning with this

i hope u get fuckt but aggro decks as much as possible and dont get out of shieldbearer ever again

u deserve nothing but contempt

Infracted.
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2017-11-27 at 09:36 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I hate this deck too! I can't wait for ice block to cycle out.

10+ Year Old Account
    still 6 months to go
    will get HoF'd in april

Countered Razakus Priest detected!

15+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those decks that I don't think the HS team anticipated, but would be monitoring. There's no way they intended a deck to be able to take out anyone at any health pool in a single (yes, technically 2, but you know what I mean) turn. It does require a lot of setup, so aggro decks are still its best counter.I'm not really a fan of net-decking anyway. It takes away what I personally find fun about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This is one of those decks that I don't think the HS team anticipated, but would be monitoring. There's no way they intended a deck to be able to take out anyone at any health pool in a single (yes, technically 2, but you know what I mean) turn. It does require a lot of setup, so aggro decks are still its best counter.I'm not really a fan of net-decking anyway. It takes away what I personally find fun about the game.
    I highly disagree with you. Blizzard already knew that players had created Exodia Mage long before Un'Goro was even a thing (the deck involved using Echo of Medivh & the duplicate mage secret to generate additional apprentices & then discounting them with Thaurassian ticks, followed by summoning the apprentices & Antonidas in the same turn to generate infinite fireballs). This was multiple expansions before Un'Goro. Anyone who says that Blizzard didn't anticipate players taking a better version of that deck & putting into a deck that completely bypassed a couple of the steps required in the original Exodia Mage deck are kidding themselves.

You also have to look at the entire concept behind the quest. Ask yourself, 'What is the point in seeking to fulfill a quest that gives you an extra turn, what is that extra turn supposed to be used for really?' It's not to regain board presence, that's for sure. The only real reason you'd be trying to get an extra turn, after fulfilling such a drawn out checklist to get Time Warp, is to close the game. However, when we talk about closing the game we aren't saying that Time Warp is meant to fish for mages who are trying to draw into that second Fireball for a measly 6 damage, or even that one pyroblast for 10 (since normal card draw in a mage deck could fulfill that anyway with freeze effects). The point of getting that extra turn is to completely end the game, on more than just a margin.

You also have to consider some of the cards that were designed after this quest. Take a look at Uther in KotFT. What do you think was part of the reason they were okay with naturally building a 'OTK'-esque style win condition straight into one of the dks? It was because they knew that they had already done so with the mage quest and as a result are leaning more towards being somewhat okay with some OTKs if the process of achieving it is drawn out & somewhat convoluted.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2017-11-25 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Countered Razakus Priest detected!
    jade druid

i fkn rek quest mage with razakus

I'll leave this open for the sake that there is an actual discussion about how to play around the deck and whether or not its intended/balanced correctly, but for future note, please keep anything similar to venting to the "Bad Game and need to vent" thread. It's one thing to start a thread about the finer details of certain decks, another to just say "I hate this deck"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...To-Vent-Thread!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    jade druid

i fkn rek quest mage with razakus
    Honestly if you lost to exodia mage as a jade druid either you played the game extremely poorly and deserved to lose, or they had an ungodly draw.

7+ Year Old Account
    if u play this or similar decks ure the scourge on earth. fucking disgusting, uninteractive, solitaire piece of shit deck

i hope u get fuckt but aggro decks as much as possible and dont get out of shieldbearer ever again

I think you have the wrong card game mon exodia is yu-gi-oh...
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Honestly if you lost to exodia mage as a jade druid either you played the game extremely poorly and deserved to lose, or they had an ungodly draw.
    u gotta be kidding, ive lost 100% games against quest mage as jade druid. countless freezes, doomsayer, iceblock
    i did win against it taunt druid before, impossible as jade as the value ramps up as golems do

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I think you have the wrong card game mon exodia is yu-gi-oh...
    People use "Exodia" as a term for "deck built around a single instant win mechanic" basically.

Originated from Yu-Gi-Oh clearly though.

So for a long time i just met once again a quest mage and i lost...same old game...i popped 2 of his iceblocks and then he did 58 dmg to my face (30 hp & 28 armor) since until then he did nothing but stalling.

Then again, comming again back on the first post. I also never understood how winning with a Jade Druid can be fun. I have all the fancy cards for the net decks and i did like 2 games and deleted the deck again. There is about zero surprise elements in such a deck.

I guess one just has to remember more often that its a game about luck & fun and not a game about fairnes.

Deleted

First you read this and then you read he's playing jade druid.... . ..... .. ....

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    First you read this and then you read he's playing jade druid.... . ..... .. ....
    Reminds me of the whole 'OP, please nerf rock, paper, scissors' quote. :P

It's amazing actually they allow a deck like this to exist as well as DK Priest synergy. To be able to fully kill someone in one turn is aids. I do recall they nerfed decks like this in the past that were OTK, yet they allow this to go on. Shit meta.

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    It's amazing actually they allow a deck like this to exist as well as DK Priest synergy. To be able to fully kill someone in one turn is aids. I do recall they nerfed decks like this in the past that were OTK, yet they allow this to go on. Shit meta.
    Why should OTKs not be a viable win condition? The OTKs are predictable, unless somebody is using an obscure one which is almost never the case, so that means you have time to work to disrupt it and/or kill the opponent. And contrary to popular belief, yes you can disrupt OTKs, people just like to spread misinformation that just because every single individual or unique deck doesn't have amaz-balls ability to do so then all decks stand no chance to disrupt the OTKs (which is a lie).

Also, do you really want to turn the game into a less diverse one by eliminating OTKs? You realize that pretty much just turns the game into a tug-of-war between metas of aggro decks that burn down control faster than control can play their war of attrition, and metas where control has so much early game answers that aggro poses little threat. Without OTKs this is what you'll generally end up with in the game. Midrange decks just kind of sit awkwardly between aggro & control.

On the side note of DK priest synergy being high, or just priest control doing well in general, this would be even better without any OTKs, since the OTK playstyle helps curb ultra greedy control playstyles (which is a good thing mind you).

It's still a shit deck. Like the gentleman above said anyway, the game is rock paper scissors without much skill besides 1 or 2 decks that take thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dloc76 View Post
    It's still a shit deck. Like the gentleman above said anyway, the game is rock paper scissors without much skill besides 1 or 2 decks that take thinking.
    Many decks need some thinking. But mostly you meet just the ones that dont and are easy to play and therefore also succesful.

Deleted
    the only way I've ever beat exodia quest mage was using exodia four horsemen paladin.