Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "Why do you like this game? I don't like this game." Your opinion is now officially noted, did that cheer you up? Move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I will now legally, safely enjoy and play the game that I fell in love with over 13+ years ago, without fear of losing characters, accounts or having the server/staff be completely corrupt.

A game where you are required to interact with other players and can't experience everything worth experiencing as a solo player, a game where you encounter real danger out in the world and aren't able to 1-2 hit most mobs, a game where you aren't rewarded for not playing the game, a game where you never truly "run out of content" with the so many different ways you can progress you're character and can always reroll, a game where you don't blow through all of the content there is to offer within 1-3 days or a week at most of it being available, a game where every single minute and hour you spend feels like you are actually progressing and was worth it and finally a game where you are not able to cross the entirety of the games continents/playable area within less then 10mins via flying mounts and the such completely diminishing the immersion and expansiveness of the world.

In case everyone was wondering these are all my opinions and are not to be taken as fact, however it appears many in the Classic community feels similar.

What's most hilarious is Classic won't ever happen.. it was just something to say and hype at BlizzCon. It'll never, ever come to fruition lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because now I feel like everything is spoon fed to me. I like struggle , overcoming problems with the help of other players is a better experience than being able to two shot everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Proper hybrid builds.
    AHAHAHAHA, that you go no where with then were told to respec or get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As opposed to in Classic where transmogging and barbershop and artifact tints from various sources truly allowed players to cu... oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Says you.

Willing to bet that the millions of people choosing to spend their time on Live, would beg to differ. I'm also willing to bet that a fair share of people would consider anything happening on Classic servers to not matter worth shit seeing as how the game is locked and there's a ceiling to how far you can progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Kek, this statement never gets any less retarded.
    Dude first of all i played wow since 2004 and i stoped this year. I stoped playing for 2 reasons. First reason is that the gear you get and the progress you make DOES NOT MEAN SHIT! Why you might ask. Easy, you can get any moron to mythic raid and gear him up, any moron can get lucky with high rolling a huge ilvl gear from mythic plus and with just a little luck you can get carried through high lvl mythic plus easy... Legendary items are all luck based and you WILL get them eventualy so why the fuck would you even try if all of that has no meaning? And the other reason is that the game has turned in to a sick fucking hybrid! Like a spawn of diablo 3 and something that used to be wow that i loved. So dont be so sure that all the changes and all the customization and all the things you have in curent wow are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Fair enough..but if you ever played Classic, you know already how to overcome every problem. And you still have to retrain yourself from using websites. That said: Tell me..what puzzle in Classic or which quest is as puzzling like unlocking Kosumoth the Hungering or the Lucid Nightmare mount?

Guys...I am happy that you get Classic...I don't know which version you played, but on a day to day basis, it was as much a solo game as it is now.
    I'm not talking about puzzles. I like the group organizing and leveling part a lot, where you are basically useless alone against 2 or more mobs. Sure it won't be like the first time and the mystery part is gone , but its a type of content I cannot get in retail. ( which I do play btw on an on and off basis) I also miss long dungeons , and that everything is not about speedruns. I don't know if I can explain this to you clearly but when I want this log in que destroy everything in 30 minutes get a reward experience I can get that in overwatch , heroes of the storm etc. but in wow I like my gameplay slow, and somewhat tedious with a lot of forced social interactions.

Because I want start questing on a mage and be oom after 3 fireballs and kill 16 zombies in 10 minutes.
    Nah serioulsy been there, done that. It was fun but I'm not that hyped

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Why.

Tell me. Inspire me.

Why do yo go back and not forward? Why would the human mind say no to QoLs changes over 13 years created for the major audience?

Why is this so great?

Say something.
    Because I enjoy Vanilla just as much as Legion?

Is enjoyment not a good enough reason?

I don't really give a flying fuck about inspiring you or justifying it really. If it's not your cup of tea don't play. People like you need to stop throwing your toys out of the pram because something doesn't suit you

I am hyped to read all the people complaining about it when they do finally start playing classic. Lol you all know there will be many

Deleted
    I like classes being unique. I hate the current system all off all classes offering the same shit, but hybrids still paying the hybrid tax...

Deleted
    lol, game thats actually hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I am hyped to read all the people complaining about it when they do finally start playing classic. Lol you all know there will be many
    Ofcourse there will, but Blizzard knows they are not the target audience, atleast they should know. People who wants changes can play retail

I have never found a game that can hold my long term interest like WoW from 2005-2011.

Deleted
    Good Lord this Strifeload looks like the most stupid troll ever saw on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    A big part of my hype is linked to the sheer excitement within the gaming communities I’ve been a part of or lead, it seems like EVERYONE and their grandma is going to play Classic. People I played WoW with 10 years ago coming back, friends that have slowly left WoW over the years that I have reconnected with.

Beyond that I’m just happy to be playing an MMO again. It’s not that I think Legion is bad, but I feel like everyone is a stranger and all the content is distilled through menus now. Dungeon finder, raid finder, even the LFD system... it’s very impersonal and disconnects me from the world.
    Daggerspine fury warrior? Mr. "HEAL ME" macro?

If not, sorry, your name is just a blast from the past =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Can wait to read the complains for BfA

Deleted
    Because when I played this game in the very first moments, I had a vision

I was like : " Shit dude, this game is so kewl and great, I can't play any other games anymore, this one will be my last"

Well then I quit after Vanilla, played a bunch of other games but at the moment I don't play any game for years, I'm bored of all this kind of new virtual shit, Classic will be my last gaming experience I guess, whatever the QoL or not, take my money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Let me anwer you as someone who enjoys the hell out of Legion and generally loves WoW as it is today.

Because I want to experience the game as it was back then, or as close to that state as possible. I'm still gonna play the current wow and probably prioritize it. I don't see it as a war between the two. Wow is a great game in general, each expansion had some unique charm to it, and the newest version will always be the main one for me. I'd love to play classic/vanilla though.

Live and let live. If you're not interested, just ignore the issue and move on.
    Well said.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post

All my friends are mostly from Vanilla or atleast until and including WOTLK. After that... with maybe an exception here and there... no one really sticks. But from WOTLK onward it became hard(er) for me to make friends... because of Crossrealm crap. But it must be me... and only me who can understand this... because if you bring this up... other people will say: "I still make friends everyday!!" - honestly I would like to know what their criteria is when someone is a "friend"... I recently said "hi" to a player and got a request to be realID buddies...
    maybe some people justdont try to pretend that anyone they meet on internet neest to be "friend for life' only they are buddies who do fun stuff from time to time with people they enjoy

it doesnt nessesarily needs to be "bond for life"

try inviting randoms you do stuff with to discord ,chill and have fun .

most people have enough friend irl that they dont need to pretend that people who they meet on internet are those magical real friends.

i know its a dick thing to say but maybe try to go out more with real people then you wouldnt feel the need for "ultra amazing life long friendship " on internet.