Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    I mean, the criticism against the lootboxes are all fair and square but they're far from the only problem this product has, lol. Utterly garbage campaign that must have been heavily influenced by the execs(Disney?) despite having a very capable writer on the team, questionable map design and a lackluster amount of gamemodes/no new ones. Where the hell is space combat where you can board enemy vessels? How the hell can a game from over 10 years ago have more content and more engaging/enjoyable design and mechanics?

EA's the satan here, sure but DICE isn't the poor victim in this situation either, since they've made a bad game. Again.
    Dice needs to die soon. They still didnt fix the BF 2142 walker shake bug.
    They simply dont care abauth their games.

And punkbuster....i hated it so much. All it caused it was random dcs out of game.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon looks quite desperate to sell me this shit (and overpriced):
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that dunkey view is people realize when he is blatantly lying about the game for the sake of a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

literally just make an ACTUAL FUCKING STORY ABOUT THE FUCKING EMPIRE SPECIAL OPS and maybe make it in vein of the second Captain America movie, a spy action flick.

but nah lol man gotta make these shitty unneccesary tie-ins to our new trilogy

hey kids wanna know where that star destroyer on jakku came from??? play the game!!!!
    But then how would the sell books????

Seriously though, they never hid the fact that the story was going to be about the time in between the trilogies...its in the trailer. The problem with the campaign is that its short of hell. As in if you bought the game for SP then you should ask for a refund or get a used copy but there isn't even $40 worth of SP content right now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    dunkview vids are his actual review videos where he's not 100% joking, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah I agree, you should earn more if you play better, but just make it a small amount.

I think all they have to do is double credit rewards and when they bring back MT make it for cosmetics only. They can do plenty of variations for the 4 classes, just different faces alone gives you plenty of options.

When it comes to the likes of Darth Vader, The Emperor etc. the choices are more limited, so that is a problem. I don't want to see pink Darth Vaders either.
    The progression system would be fine if they did like you said, double the credits you get/and or unify the 2 currencies. No reason to have 2 currencies because its buying perks with xxx amount of tokens no matter how you look at it.

Aren't cosmetics coming? Reddit seems to think so. Cosmetics for Vader and Palp would be easy. Give Vader an Anakin, unmasked, and white skin. Give Palp an unmasked and senator skin. Doubtful but I would like them to add Obi, Ventress, Ashoka, and some pick from SW:Rebels.

Deleted
    What? There's plenty more wrong with the progression system than just the currency gain, mostly the fact that it revolves around lootcrates which give you random shit - you could get insignificant cosmetic shit, a shitty one level star card or a cool lvl 3 card that doesn't make you a chump. and hey, then you have to grind parts to upgrade those cards! fun!!!!!!!!!

it's garbage and it's not fun no matter how you look at it.

best thing they can do right now is to completely remove the star cards since they're a complete nightmare to balance, especially in starfighter assault

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a pink Darth Vader, EA. Go fuck yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [video=youtube;NMbxVTxkUvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMbxVTxkUvM[/vi]
    Damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Actually... go fuck Disney then, because they are super stingy about dabbling in their IP. Thats more or less why the customization (visual wise) sucks big time. Boba Fett will look like House of Mouse approved or you wont have Boba Fett in your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Actually... go fuck Disney then, because they are super stingy about dabbling in their IP. Thats more or less why the customization (visual wise) sucks big time. Boba Fett will look like House of Mouse approved or you wont have Boba Fett in your game.
    Wrong:

So EA. a company that went from movie tie in games to sportsball/handegg shit and now exclusively to funpay minibuy vectors for whales claims DISNEY is the fault behind lockboxes?

Disney is an evil, evil company that does some heinous shit behind the smiling cartoon facade but they have no history of pushing lockboxes. Something EA made their literal MO in the last two years.

Who do they think is going to take this low tier b8?

Deleted
    lol, theres literally a dozen of ways they could have handled cosmetics.

but i guess the budget on their PR team is running very low withwhat the announcement theyve lost over 3 billions in stock value

another company that needs a fucking lesson now is take two

10+ Year Old Account
    What? There's plenty more wrong with the progression system than just the currency gain, mostly the fact that it revolves around lootcrates which give you random shit - you could get insignificant cosmetic shit, a shitty one level star card or a cool lvl 3 card that doesn't make you a chump. and hey, then you have to grind parts to upgrade those cards! fun!!!!!!!!!

it's garbage and it's not fun no matter how you look at it.

best thing they can do right now is to completely remove the star cards since they're a complete nightmare to balance, especially in starfighter assault
    Hoping to get upgrades from lootcrates is highly inefficent. The best way is to craft the cards you want. You get the crafting materials from achieves you get from regular multiple play, the campaign, and arcade (which you can easily exploit).

My trooper and officer loadouts have the cards that I want and im only lvl 8. The upgrades are locked behind your level, which makes sense. Ive never been in a situation where I felt like I died due to someone having green cards and Im still in gray ones. But all they need to do is add a "pure" server where you only have access to the base abilities for x class.

Starfighter balance is shit, I agree. If its not spawn camping its the ridiculous advantage you get from just having a few cards or how on some maps (Kamino) where any half competent group of defenders should never lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So EA. a company that went from movie tie in games to sportsball/handegg shit and now exclusively to funpay minibuy vectors for whales claims DISNEY is the fault behind lockboxes?

Disney is an evil, evil company that does some heinous shit behind the smiling cartoon facade but they have no history of pushing lockboxes. Something EA made their literal MO in the last two years.

Who do they think is going to take this low tier b8?
    Disney controls Star Wars with an iron fist. You cant even write fiction without them greenlighting the story. Google the terms they put in theaters to screen SWs.

Dice/EA released 3/4 of the current content for game because the Mickey said no.

Honesty wouldnt trust EA or Disneys word when it comes to who designed/approved the original system but Disney definitely was fully aware of it and had the power to halt it way before the week of launch.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    bought it on sale on steam, i played until the mission where you have to kill the queen of naboo and then i ragequit because its too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!1! seriously though its a good game despite it being pretty old, the main reason i bought it was out of pure nostalgia because i used to play it all the time on the ps2 then i was younger what irks me though i am certain the ps2 version was third person but the pc version insists on being first person thenever you are anything but a lightsaber wielding hero.
    I still can't beat that mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rey fighting Darth maul is fine but cosmetics...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/28/1...ucasfilm-canon

AHAHA, fuckwits at ea. They dont want to violate the cannon that starwars has built over many many years. What a bunch of fucking clowns. THis is the lamest argument iv ever seen considering the current starwars cannon is what 3 years old? And filled with massive fucking holes thanks to disney, as well as every star wars game previous to it being retconned. They didnt want to give us cosmetic only loot boxes cus it would ruin this immersive cannon.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You misdirect your anger. It's disney. EA doesn't own the IP and Disney has a say in every SW game development as the owner of IP, they definitely played a part in this decision. There's even a link to another article in your linked article that talks about that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account

I am actuly looking araund for some good mods right now. Probaly that one is the best:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-...onversion-pack

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You misdirect your anger. It's disney. EA doesn't own the IP and Disney has a say in every SW game development as the owner of IP, they definitely played a part in this decision. There's even a link to another article in your linked article that talks about that.
    It sounds like it was more them deciding than lucasfilm telling them they cant do it like that. Regardless its a stupid fucking weakass argument that holds zero merit even from loyal cannon or EU starwars followers. I could give 2 fucks what you would look like or the different skins of shit in one of the video games cus of course that shit wouldnt be cannon, its customization for the game.

While EA is fucking the dog hard lets not forget Bungie at Activision is fucking it hard with Destiny right now lying to the playerbase and caught twice in the same week over lootbox based fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It sounds like it was more them deciding than lucasfilm telling them they cant do it like that. Regardless its a stupid fucking weakass argument that holds zero merit even from loyal cannon or EU starwars followers. I could give 2 fucks what you would look like or the different skins of shit in one of the video games cus of course that shit wouldnt be cannon, its customization for the game.
    Battlefront one 2 year ago had cosmetic skins.

so i mean... debunked?