Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Obligatory: 4 STRENGTH 4 STAM LEATHER BELT
    To be fair, you actually used to get stuff out of stats that weren't your main stat (you don't anymore), it wasn't ideal by any means, but it was SOMETHING. While this wouldn't make sence in current wow it did have its charm that not everything was a perfect drop that fit as best as possible.

For leveling and dungeons I think that's perfectly fine..for end game sets it was indeed quite strange.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2017-11-30 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    The thing is.....vanilla is not FOR people playing retail. Sure some crossover is going to happen but the moment they start trying to cater it to people who honestly have no real interest in what vanilla was/is they are going to not please anyone. They need to just make it as faithful as possible and it will find an audience. If not then they can say they tried an the numbers werent as high as the vocal people think or want.
    And why wouldn't it be?

There are plenty of players from vanilla who are playing "retail". ( calling it retail sounds kinda stupid being even classic was "retail" at one point) that could easily play vanilla again.

I'm sorry, but these stats aren't complicated. I know we're talking about vanilla, but if we're wondering confusing / annoying stats does armor pen come to mind for anyone else?

Retailers gonna retail. Vanillaboys gonna vanill.

lol no and nor does it matter much when plate gear for wars even has int on it... u basically get what you get. Maybe in late late late game raiding it will start to mater
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    God I hope "retailers" doesn't catch on

Clearly you haven't been hearing about people's main complaint with Legion? Legendaries and RNG. The problem is people would get an item that's higher ilvl but the stats are crap, itemization is one of the biggest complaints so that already contradicts your last statement.

Also stats weren't complicated at all. Don't get me wrong, I preferred it to the watered down version we have now, but don't overhype it when it's really the same thing just bloated. Classes might have 1 or 2 thresholds to hit whereas back then you had 3 or 4. It was annoying playing enhancement and having to max out spell hit instead of regular hit, but part of me misses it as well.
    The "main" complaint is whatever someone wants it to be.
    "everyone" complains about this, "everyone" complains about that.

Many either being caps, or something without any actual complication in the first place like weapon skill.
    Weapon skill is not complex, only time consuming.
    And how much did those change from vanilla to tbc, treating them as something vanilla exclusive is showing who the problem is in this thread, and it isn't the retail players, no matter the latest buzzword used to describe them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-30 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Actually most people agree that the vast majority of people playing in Vanilla were in fact dumb noobs
    Yes, people are idiots in general. No argument.
    As for current player forgetting....well lets just say vanilla/classic servers have already been tainted. The internet has expanded since back then and its not so hard to look up shit now.
    It's not hard to look up shit, that's true.
    But as said above : people are idiots. They just copy-paste what they read was "the best" without using their brain, ignoring context and significance, and that's the reason why we end up with cookie-cutter builds which are presented as the absolute truth and claims that "only this is good and everything else is garbage". Not because "lol Vanilla/TBC were terrible, only this specific spec was viable", but more because fucktards couldn't grasp that "this spec" was 1 to 2 % better than "this one", which means they were, in the end, practically equal (and one could be better at handling irregularities or offering more utilities).

Shit itemization =/= complexity. And yes, vanilla had extremely bad itemization.

Plus, I was tanking in MC and BWL. All you needed to do is mindlessly put on any item that had +stam, +defense (which became worthless as soon as you couldn't be crushed), maybe +block but that was rare. Everything else didn't really help your survivability and was more or less a trap. It's no different than, say, a Demon Hunter just stacking the hell out of Crit on live.

Nop if they cant handle it they can always keep playing retail

Deleted
    I'll give you props for coming up with a new trolling thread about vanilla vs retail, I thought all ideas were exhausted by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Classic stats weren't complicated at all, item budget just wasn't organized, so you had to mix and match from different sources across the entire 50-60 content range. The only difference now is that stats make sense and come from max level content for max level players.

Obligatory: 4 STRENGTH 4 STAM LEATHER BELT
    Umm, did not bears run on Strength back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    WTF... What the hell is a retailer? If it is a person who plays current WoW, then you are making a broad term over ALOT of different people both in ages, skills and level of engagement O.o
    I'm guessing the implication is that true vanilla players quit the game a long time ago. I propose vanilla hardcoreists should instead be called quitters.

The states weren't difficult to understand, it was really down to personal preference on what people wanted. You will never make it in raids if you think those stats were complicated, especially when you need to add fire resist gear into the equation.

Man, I guess my time tanking from vanilla forward just doesn't count because I am a "retailer" and don't cling to 14 year old systems like they are the mom that never loved me.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    The thing is.....vanilla is not FOR people playing retail. Sure some crossover is going to happen but the moment they start trying to cater it to people who honestly have no real interest in what vanilla was/is they are going to not please anyone. They need to just make it as faithful as possible and it will find an audience. If not then they can say they tried an the numbers werent as high as the vocal people think or want.
    Plenty of "retail players" will be playing and have been advocating for these servers.

Some people are just desperate to cling with the "Us vs THEM!" mentality. Newsflash: An official Vanilla server run by Blizzard, will be part of Retail WoW... They won't exist in a vacuum, the money paid to access the Vanilla server will be going to Blizzard.

Besides, Live gearing has more complexity to it than Vanilla + the min-maxing mentality that blows anything from back then out of the water in terms of awareness.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-30 at 03:51 PM.

yea... cuz reading and understanding a guide that takes 3 mins too read is too hurd for my Burning crusade baby mind! /furious wanking motion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Good lord can some people get off their high horse already?

Since when is "retailers" even a term? and a derogatory one at that.. just pathetic.
    Whats pathetic is you pretending not to understand what hes getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Retailers? Why does walmart care what the stats are mean in some video game?
    Thank you for asking the question I was wanting to ask but decided it was too pedantic! Current Live is not the same thing as retail which is not the same thing as retailers!

1. Current live - self explanatory
    2. Retail - "The sale of goods to the public in relatively small quantities for use or consumption rather than for resale"(https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/retail)
    3. Retailer - "A person or business that sells goods to the public in relatively small quantities for use or consumption rather than for resale." (hence "Walmart") (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/retailer).

Yes it's pedantic...... (I am pedantic).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm glad you think it was obvious? Want an award or were you just looking to hit 440 tonight?
    Wasn't 540 the number to hit? (actually that wasn't vanilla - think that was wrath... so ignore that!).

Pawn for vanilla will be a thing unless they prevent simple addons from doing our calculations for us. Addons have come a long way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Whats pathetic is you pretending not to understand what hes getting at.
    Hmm no.

Pathetic is people using "retailers" and "casual" and all that nonsense as derogatory terms to feel better about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Hmm no.

Pathetic is people using "retailers" and "casual" and all that nonsense as derogatory terms to feel better about themselves.
    nu uh! it's those filthy casuals that should feel bad about being filthy retailers!