Thread: Wrathion

Wrathion

Is he currently inside the Embassy on the PTR?

Either way this dude better be present throughout Battle for Azeroth. This guy has been detrimental since MoP and it was a huge let down to briefly see him in Legion.

"In some ways, the Burning Legion's massive third invasion was ultimately Wrathion's fault. The invasion only occurred thanks to the alternate Gul'dan discovering and being sent to Azeroth, neither of which would have happened had Wrathion left Garrosh in prison. While the Legion would have returned regardless, Wrathion's manipulations cost Azeroth numerous lives against the Iron Horde, Primals, Breakers and other enemies; all lives who could've been better spent fighting the Legion."

Wrathion was the initial one to mention Argus the Unmaker indirectly during Mists of Pandara:

Wrathion says: Ahh - the heart of a king. The powers of a God.
    Anduin Wrynn says: What are you doing? You're not seriously going to eat that-
    Wrathion says: It is filled with Titan magic, the language of creation...
    Wrathion eats the heart and goes into a trance.
    Wrathion says: Oh, I see them - a million, million worlds - glittering in their perfection - but one above all others - oh -
    A beacon of light surrounds Wrathion. He rises and speaks in a different tone...
    Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.
    The light fades as Wrathion falls to the floor.
    Anduin Wrynn says: What are you trying to pull?
    Wrathion says: It is gone. I don't remember any of it. Oh! None of them remembered. The irony!
    Anduin Wrynn says: What are you talking about? I don't trust you.
    Wrathion says: You are wise not to.
    Wrathion says: Champion, I need time to..."digest" what I have learned. But soon, we will take action.

He got removed from the embassy.

I'm really worried they're going to do exactly what they did in Legion to him. Hope this is just an implementation error, and that Wrathion in fact is supporting Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I'm really worried they're going to do exactly what they did in Legion to him. Hope this is just an implementation error, and that Wrathion in fact is supporting Anduin.
    glad to see im not the only one still salty about Wrathion getting the shaft like that X_X

5+ Year Old Account
    I figure he'll be there in a later part of the expansion. Maybe after a specific questline.

Man... Wrathion supporting the Alliance. I guess it makes sense since Horde'll be getting Ebonhorn.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I figure he'll be there in a later part of the expansion. Maybe after a specific questline.

Man... Wrathion supporting the Alliance. I guess it makes sense since Horde'll be getting Ebonhorn.
    thats true
    i kinda see what they did with Wrathion getting changed to ebonhorn
    but still, im hoping he shows up again eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is the final titan not Argus

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    The invasion only occurred thanks to the alternate Gul'dan discovering and being sent to Azeroth, neither of which would have happened had Wrathion left Garrosh in prison. While the Legion would have returned regardless, Wrathion's manipulations cost Azeroth numerous lives against the Iron Horde, Primals, Breakers and other enemies; all lives who could've been better spent fighting the Legion."
    I don't recall where Wrathion had a thing to do with that. It was that bronze dragon that kept giving you the weekly quests to collect stones and use the hourglass in the Seige who broke Garrosh out in an attempt to make a chronically challenged orcish army.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    He was probably removed because people started putting theories together already at the idea that he may have burned down Teldrassil before Blizzcon was even over.

I am putting money down on Drakonids being an Alliance Allied Race via Wrathion in the future, that use the Worgen base rig. Just like the Worgen, they transform between a Humanoid form and their Drakonid form in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    He was probably removed because people started putting theories together already at the idea that he may have burned down Teldrassil before Blizzcon was even over.
    Or because he isn't part of the 7.3.5 quest line, but the actual BfA one.