View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the leveling/scaling changes on the PTR

Voters
347. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I enjoy the extra challenge and leveling pace changes

182 52.45%
  • No - I don't like the extra challenge and leveling pace

97 27.95%
  • I don't care and will level characters regardless of difficulty or time played

68 19.60%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Player reactions...based on what? The forums? We'll see how it goes when the actual numbers come out. Blizzard has historically sucked at scaling so it will almost certainly either be just as easy or completely overtuned.
    It was well-received on any place the community reaches, followed by replies who reasoned why scaling was needed. Be it forums, video, in-game.

Enjoying it on the ptr so far. Good first steps. It's not actually a lot slower because quests and mobs are always the appropriate levels and you don't need to constantly change zones.

All it needs now is the return of elite quests to encourage some group play. Since you can select almost anywhere to level, some could be group based areas like Redridge used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yes - I enjoy the extra challenge and leveling pace changes" Classic are coming back, please leave the current game alone, it's annoying already, and making leveling slower is wasting my time, I just want to level as fast as I can, then need to gear the damn alt and get every thing set up as fast as I can.... Seriously, leave the time wasting aspects to classic.... And no, I ain't paying $60 euros for level boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It was well-received on any place the community reaches, followed by replies who reasoned why scaling was needed. Be it forums, video, in-game.
    Yeah, so were the 'hard' Cata dungeons. Then they hit live servers and things very quickly changed. You're hearing the vocal minority.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Loving it. They finally fix part of the game that was completely broken. It feels like WoW experience is whole again, first time since WoTLK. With Cata they have started this "only last 5/10 level matters" trend.

I hope they also do stuff like this:
    - give huge amount of XP for main dungeon quest (that is available after all story chapters),
    - nerf heirlooms A LOT, but increase XP bonus - it would create sort of "heroic leveling" where it is harder, but quicker
    - 1/2 times a year give us incentive to just level some char to old cap (so 110 in BfA) for some cosmetic rewards (transmog/pet/mount), something similar to seasons in Diablo 3 (but not really); we can say that heritage armor is that thing, but sadly our mains can't transmog it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    They should also allow flying in MoP at all levels. Makes very little sense at this point to be able to fly immediately in all of the expansions except for one.
    Flying is changing at least in MoP content. I cannot test it fully on PTR, but it's not level 90 anymore, when I copied a 88, I could fly in Pandaria without training anything.

Hopefully it's tied in with Cata flying. I don't have an 80 to test it, but "wisdom of the four winds" wasn't trained on my 88.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    No. If you want that experience then go play on Classic. This is the absolute wrong move for the game. Leveling doesn't need to be slow and tedious anymore, we've all done it a million times, it should be quick and painless so you can get to the part of the game that's actually enjoyable.
    So why exactly is leveling a character not an enjoyable aspect of the game by default??

Because there are no raids at low level? Everything else is the same - the progression ( exp vs artifact power, talents vs artifact traits, gear vs gear, quests vs quests, dungeons vs dungeons, BGs vs BGs...). If you've done the leveling process enough times, then certainly you shouldn't feel a need to do it again? You should have plenty of characters at max level already. So let new players as well as those who actually enjoy leveling characters, enjoy it. It doesn't have to be an obstacle.

did they just tune enemy health back??

I just logged out of a newly created Ork, who (at lv.8) 2-hits humanoids on his level in Durotar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    "Yes - I enjoy the extra challenge and leveling pace changes" Classic are coming back, please leave the current game alone, it's annoying already, and making leveling slower is wasting my time, I just want to level as fast as I can, then need to gear the damn alt and get every thing set up as fast as I can.... Seriously, leave the time wasting aspects to classic.... And no, I ain't paying $60 euros for level boost...
    "Happiness is on the way, not on the destination"

They're trying to sell more boosts. Nothing more than that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly say it could be increased a bit...I'd prefer using heirlooms and getting more xp with harder mobs than not using heirlooms for less xp just to make things tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This will backfire if the intended goal is to make more people try leveling.

I've said this a million times, but I guess I'll say it again because apparently Blizzard hasn't listened at all to what I keep saying. The core appeal of WoW is making it SOCIAL. Its not really about how difficult or easy a task is. If the goal is to make more people enjoy the leveling game, I have repeatedly proposed the following changes:

1. Add a global LFG channel (they have done this)
    2. Force people to use it by setting it default ON for new toons. (they have NOT done this and it is critical) It is like this in vanilla WoW & on pirate servers and works GREAT.
    3. Periodically FORCE turn global LFG back on for all toons to make sure people use it. Remember, force people to be social.
    4. The social interaction in global LFG adds the social element we need.
    5. Add special bonus monsters in all zones that can only be killed in a group. These can give a variety of interesting things levelers need, among these can be bonus xp, a bonus to rested xp, extra gold.
    6. I'd create a jackpot system where a special monster is out there that can only be killed by a group. The idea is that the more time goes by without anyone killing that mob, the jackpot for killing it goes up. Eventually, it goes up high enough that people can't resist grouping up and killing it. Restrictions would have to be put in place to make it so people who outlevel the zone cannot kill it or heal people who are killing it or even tank it.
    7. Sharding and phasing need to go because it interferes with all of this.
    8. I'd remove dungeon / raid finder to force people to use global LFG. But if dungeon / raid finder must stay, then allow people to look for raids and dungeons for their main while playing their alt. So if I have a level 110 shaman, and I'm on my level 35 paladin, I'd like to browse the tool for an "Only the Penitent" firelands raid while I'm on my paladin. If I see it, I can queue up for it and tell them I'll switch toons when I get accepted. It'd be nice to put in a "raid request" for Only the Penitent within the tool, and if a group forms, it alerts me and I can switch toons.
    9. I'd add some kind of paragon system to it where with each toon you level from 1 to max, you earn something significant for your account. They have done this with the "A Legendary Campaign" mega-achievement for Legion. But they could add more in future xpacs.
    Now, I think its currently WAY too easy to level. I think its important to fix that. But just making leveling harder by boosting mobs HP and cutting XP gains and doing nothing else really fixes very little. This change alone probably makes players avoid leveling more. i don't understand this change. I don't really understand what they are trying to do with this change.

So my vote is YES to this poll --- but I don't think it fixes anything and probably makes things worse.
    Being social has NEVER been about FORCING.
    We saw what happened with the daily heroic dungeon, where the spamming of trade was simply due to necessity for most.
    There was then next to no communication during the actual run unless something went wrong.
    Proximity or need to involve other players is not social.
    It is the personal choice of how you interact with them that makes it that or not.

Your ideas are about rewarding groups, and that just means seeking other players only as a means to an end.
    The measure of other players becomes even more about what they can offer you in reward.

Look at how the game has changed to make interaction more rewarding, but content is still measured only in what it offers just you.
    Vanilla had a community more willing to actually help others, despite due to tagging etc it was actually less rewarding or completely unrewarding for yourself.
    But we did it because that other player was not measured by your own personal gain.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-12-03 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Loving it. They finally fix part of the game that was completely broken. It feels like WoW experience is whole again, first time since WoTLK. With Cata they have started this "only last 5/10 level matters" trend.

I hope they also do stuff like this:
    - give huge amount of XP for main dungeon quest (that is available after all story chapters),
    - nerf heirlooms A LOT, but increase XP bonus - it would create sort of "heroic leveling" where it is harder, but quicker
    - 1/2 times a year give us incentive to just level some char to old cap (so 110 in BfA) for some cosmetic rewards (transmog/pet/mount), something similar to seasons in Diablo 3 (but not really); we can say that heritage armor is that thing, but sadly our mains can't transmog it.
    Great idea, i would like to see this

Quote Originally Posted by Apollet View Post
    What's your opinion on the changes on the 7.3.5 ptr regarding leveling time/difficulty? For context, enemies have about 3x hp in the world and dungeons and leveling takes about 60% longer for 1-60.
    You got everything mixed up my man
    Yes enemy health is up by like 3x
    and yes zones scale
    but exp required is the same
    but leveling itself will be fine if you want to speed through it you still can, heirlooms still allow you to 3-4 shot mobs
    the leveling experience is meant for newer players and those who enjoy it, if you don't like it pop your heirlooms make a dungeon farm group and blast through

so you fools want heirlooms nerfed despite them being equal to blues?
    quit WoW
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so you fools want heirlooms nerfed despite them being equal to blues?
    quit WoW
    They are equal to blues?
    And why do people want them nerfed, like if you don't like them don't use them.
    The WoW community is weird
    'I don't like something the is in my control to ignore, nah lets make everyone who likes it suffer'

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    They are equal to blues?
    And why do people want them nerfed, like if you don't like them don't use them.
    The WoW community is weird
    'I don't like something the is in my control to ignore, nah lets make everyone who likes it suffer'
    heirlooms are suppose to be equal to dungeon blues.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    There is no way they TRIPLED mob health. Wtf are people without heirlooms supposed to do.

If this is true though, and Blizzard indeed increased the average time it takes to level by 60%, then shame on them for such a blatant display of greed. Usually they are more subtle than this.
    Yeah, about tripled mob health and for some reason reduced ours

Top = live, bottom = PTR. Character fully loomed up and has dungeon blues in the other slots.

Killing said mob netter me 704 XP on live and 636 XP on PTR
    Required XP to level 39 is 70.800 on live and 113.280 on PTR

I'm happy I have all classes on 100+ on both factions

wtf are you meaning with extra challange? you can still kill all the mobs naked and multipull.
    it should be fast like right now but with the scaling. it doesnt matter if you oneshot or twoshot mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    Slowing down leveling is a bad choice for me. I like leveling fast and getting to where i wanna be, which is max level content. The faster i get there the better.
    You can go fast even after 7.3.5. Just buy a boost for a SMALL price of 60 dollars. (not sure for USD)