Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Classic will have its own client.
    How did you come up with that?

Anyhow, I certainly want a classic log-in screen. It was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Where’s the source?
    Common sense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    How did you come up with that?

Anyhow, I certainly want a classic log-in screen. It was the best!
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    What is wrong with wanting the game to cater to your personal needs? I got some preferences to how I'd like Classic to be as well, but I'll play and enioy it regardless of what it will be.

You act like having your own opinion and preference is a crime...people wanting change are just as right as people who want 100% vanilla. Hell people who want 100% vanilla don't even know what they want with the patches.
    Where does it stop? Who do they listen to? What is "too much"?

That's the problem, and they already talked about those.

By catering to one, you have to cater to all\most, and that can actually disrupt the entire game experience, FOR EVERYONE.

And there in lies the problem, because if the server flops, that same vocal crowd with their custom-made demands will just return\stay on live\legion\bfa and claim "lulz vanilla sucks, we were right all along", whilst the people that actually care for the server, and asked for it for 10 years are left with nothing.

Get it? A game doesn't have to cater to YOUR needs. The game already exists. It was vastly successful, it's popular as hell. Altering it will ruin it. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Classic will have its own client.
    That's actually not certain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's actually not certain at all.
    if they don't I'm fairly sure WoW would be over 100 GB. That's a lot of space, and for a lot of players (BfA only, or Classic only) a large portion wouldn't even be something they're using. I'd actually have to swap which SSD my WoW install is on if they don't keep them separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    It is more likely to have a Vanilla or Vanilla-like background with a Classic logo on the login screen, as WoW: Classic is technically a new game.
    No, technically, it's not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, technically, it's not.
    If Classic is technically not a new game, it will be released very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    if they don't I'm fairly sure WoW would be over 100 GB. That's a lot of space, and for a lot of players (BfA only, or Classic only) a large portion wouldn't even be something they're using. I'd actually have to swap which SSD my WoW install is on if they don't keep them separate.
    It would be irrelevant for BfA players (Vanilla is pretty tiny compared to today's WoW), and it might be a big plus for Blizzard to have people being able to switch easily between current WoW and Classic WoW, so I can see it going this way.
    I'd say the real decisive point will probably be how technically feasible it is to replicate Vanilla on the modern client - THAT is probably most of the problem.