Thread: Bronze is fun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    You should continue playing!! Hah! Bronze is really fun, I've tried it too. People rage too easily, any thing goes slightly wrong or you accidentally take their farm, or you take their farm because there's no way that they can take it, they might just go intentionally feed opponents.

But anyways, at least for myself, the reason why it's fun is because I can go 20/0 or 20/1 almost every game, which kinds of "automatically" gives me wins lol.
    Sounds alot like Norms tbh.

I'm a normal hero. Still haven't tried ranked yet because I need 1 more champ. Have M7 on 3 champs though.

If you are better than bronze, you can and will drag your team kicking and screaming to the victory screen. That is unless you are ever so slightly better than your team, like if you are silver 5 or something.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I know the mantra is "if you're good, you will raise in elo"
    But when you're stuck in bronze just about 2/3 of the games you end up with some inbred idiot on your team that goes 0/9/1 to the enemy mid or top, effectively fucking your whole team over.

Then you have the occasional:
    - afk disconnect
    - afk rage quitter
    - tilted player who begins to feed because you took his cs
    - "X-lane or feed" morons who threaten you
    - "support lux" who builds ap and feeds
    - autofilled idiot who can't play support
    - idiots with no map awareness
    - I could go on.

Like bronze is literally a cesspit of the worst idiots you can imagine.
    What makes it worse is that the matches are so long compared to overwatch and each death gives a big advantage to the enemy, as opposed to OW where you need to die considerably more before it starts to make a dent in your teams progress.
    All this happens to your enemy team too, so statistically you have an advantage ... IF you actually are any better then your teammates that is.

Deleted
    True, but it always feels like you're on the receiving end.

I just played a game.
    Top illaoi did ok, perhaps like 1 kill and 2 deaths, nothing special, and I won my lane as akali with like 6/1/x.

but our draven, tahm and jungler fed about 8+ kills each to the enemy fizz, kalista and jarvan.
    I had the majority kills on my team and they just ran around feeding. I suppose perhaps if I was a godly player I might have been able to turn it around but i'm not THAT good to be able to carry 3 feeders and 1 top that's just sorta there.

Pretty much feels like what you need to get out of bronze is luck. You have to be lucky you get decent players who aren't complete morons and then you'll get out of bronze.
    yes but again, the next game THEIR team might have the feeding jungler, adc and support. If you're better then the league you're playing in, then you'll always have a statistical advantage over the enemy team and you will climb. The better you are, the faster until you're around your own league.

If you can't climb out of it, chances are pretty high you're simply at bronze level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Sounds alot like Norms tbh.
    Well, it's slightly better than norms, the reason is because of the consistent skill match up. A bronze wouldn't learn as much if they are matched against a challenger compared to a silver/gold, because all they know/experience is heading to lane and die/starve out without knowing what went wrong, cos they usually make too many mistakes and challengers have the habit of just exploiting a mistake (as in like, if you're gonna walk forward and die, then I'm just gonna kill you, not like I want to but you're giving it to me).

Like bronze is literally a cesspit of the worst idiots you can imagine.
    True, but it always feels like you're on the receiving end.

Pretty much feels like what you need to get out of bronze is luck. You have to be lucky you get decent players who aren't complete morons and then you'll get out of bronze.
    Well, I won't disagree that it may be hard for a bronze to climb out of bronze. At the same time, it's also not easy for a diamond 5 player to climb into challenger BUT the difference is that most D5 games are still more enjoyable than a bronze playing in bronze.

I've always felt that it's hard to get into bronze. Not that I want to brag and all, but I really have to intentionally feed/lose, risking myself a ban just to gain a chance to get into bronze. Furthermore, it's not worth to get into B5 then start jumping and winning games non-stop and have to re-do everything all over again.

If you read my reply to LED below, I can understand how you feel being in bronze, no matter if you're the feeder or the person doing decently and I do agree to the fact that, for a bronze player, to get down to B4-B5 may really mean that it can get hard to climb due to the fact like what you said, it's a cesspit of bad players.

The good thing about it though, is ALSO precisely because it's a cesspit of bad players that it doesn't take much improvement to overwhelm them. I'll just put down some common problems and some things that can be done,

1. Map awareness is almost non-existent - this means that you roam anywhere, invade jg, head to other lanes and get kills without suffering any sort of consequence at all

2. Most don't bother to last hit - this effectively means that you're getting 1 kill every 2 waves if you can last hit properly, your gold count will be so much higher than your opponent's, which means you have more items than them, which means you can overpower them

3. They aren't efficient with their back timings and some even roam the map without doing anything productive at all - they leave lane at lvl 4, you are lvl 4, they come back as lvl 4, you are lvl 6. This also means that you can kill them and/or take the tower in the process.

4. SPs don't ward even if they buy sightstones. This means that nobody will know where you are, nobody can follow up when you kill someone, somewhere.

5. Most of them do weird things in lane. This means that you can kill them over and over again, non-stop, as long as you can notice their mistakes. If you can't see their mistakes, it means that you may not be better, so gotta start to look out for it.

6. They have no idea what they can do when they have a lead. Which means that 1 or 2 kills ahead doesn't mean much, because they will likely make a mistake that'd cause their death/shutdown and you can comeback anytime.

7. A consistent skill level will let you determine whether or not you're actually better. If you're much better, you should be winning your lane 90% of the time, this doesn't mean a slight win like 1/0 or 2/0 kind of thing, it will at least be 3/0 or 4/0 plus towers.

Like what many of them mentioned, statistically wise, if you just exploit a little of everything, your opponents will start raging and give up on the game, effectively helping you to get out of bronze, like really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    The better you are, the faster until you're around your own league.

If you can't climb out of it, chances are pretty high you're simply at bronze level.
    ^I agree with this. There was a B5 that added me (I have no idea who or where I came to know him), but he's on my friendlist and asked if I could duo with him, which I did because I managed to get into B3 (it was hard work) on another account.

What came after was a disaster. When we head into game, he'd just start to brag about having a "diamond friend" (which is a huge turn off), then he proceeded to feed, started to taunt opponents when he killed someone (even if it wasn't due to his merits), stand in weird positions and just kept dying non-stop BUT still continued to brag and blamed out other teammates for causing his death. Cutting the long story short, I deleted him off my friendlist after 3 games and I think he's probably still there.

you don't have to worry about any ranked games while in bronze

15+ Year Old Account
    mute all

ping the map

have fun
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grinding through plat made me genuinely miss the shenanigans I encountered in bronze and silver. Enjoy it while you can.

The game is too hard to single carry anymore so bronze is harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ammor View Post
    The game is too hard to single carry anymore so bronze is harder.
    The irony is that this mentality is what keeps people in bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    The irony is that this mentality is what keeps people in bronze.
    "I always get the noobs on my team" - every noob ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I'm diamond and have like a 35% winrate on my friends B5 Account

its miserable
    It's more like 30%

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    mute all

ping the map

have fun
    This guy gets it.

Deleted
    What is the best support champion to climb out of bronze?
    I'm in like Bronze 1 but find it very hard to make the leap to at least silver. I never play actually bad, never feed, don't take the carry's cs and try to not take kills either if I can avoid it, I use wards and buy items that benefit the team and not only myself, like Ardent censer or Redemption. Still I feel that I have very little to no impact on the course of the game. I feel most comfortable with champions that can heal or shield, so I mainly play Lulu, Sona and Janna. I stay in my lane during laning phase though and don't do roaming, I always try to stay with my carry, so maybe that's the key to getting out of Bronze?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I'm in like Bronze 1 but find it very hard to make the leap to at least silver. I never play actually bad, never feed, don't take the carry's cs and try to not take kills either if I can avoid it, I use wards and buy items that benefit the team and not only myself, like Ardent censer or Redemption. Still I feel that I have very little to no impact on the course of the game. I feel most comfortable with champions that can heal or shield, so I mainly play Lulu, Sona and Janna. I stay in my lane during laning phase though and don't do roaming, I always try to stay with my carry, so maybe that's the key to getting out of Bronze?
    the best support to get out of bronze is to not be a support.

but if you want some one who can heal/shield id say taric.

he has a good kit to stick to your adc and keep them alive along with good aoe healing and an aoe invulnerability and a stun which cooldown gets lower when you aa people after casting an ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    Screw healing/shielding in low elo, get really good at Blitzcrank or some other play maker. Standing in the back being passive support for bronze players sounds horrible.

Personally I mained Thresh back the first season I played, and got to S1.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Screw healing/shielding in low elo, get really good at Blitzcrank or some other play maker. Standing in the back being passive support for bronze players sounds horrible.

Personally I mained Thresh back the first season I played, and got to S1.
    I would second this. Not that you can't make a difference, but it's really hard to find someone who doesn't think that you have inifinite heals and shields.

But I wouldn't mind to play as support in bronze though. Reason is because, Dark Seal>Sightstone>Mejai>Dmg items, I'm the only one with wards, I know where everyone is and they all have no idea where I am.

The 800 isn't wasted because it'll grab me so many more kills after and bump my Mejai up but yes, I'd prefer going Lux types of SP rather than Janna since my ADC will make mistakes that'd cost him, might as well overpower my enemies rather than struggle to keep him alive.

Deleted
    Talking I am loosing because of somebody - in bronze - is the biggest lie. Some time ago I grew from b5 to s2 playing only with Fiddlesticks as main champ in support with gold gen runes. After 15-20 minutes I was feed without farm, ks, nothing.

Nobody takes me seriously but I had awesome R for secure the best champ in my team or just win teamfights alone. With good vision made by myself and tp, with second tp on ulti I was trolling everybody everywhere.

Deleted
    I have thought about trying league but then I remember I don't have any heroes or runes/w.e. its called, I don't have the knowledge of items/other heroes, and people will be yelling at me for sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrent View Post
    I have thought about trying league but then I remember I don't have any heroes or runes/w.e. its called, I don't have the knowledge of items/other heroes, and people will be yelling at me for sucking.
    And with that attitude you should never ever try anything new in life. Stick with crawling on the floor, because the first time you walk, you will fall over.

Honestly though, download it, play it, see if you like it. You don't need runes anymore, they combined runes with masteries. The only part is champions, it will take some time to get hold of them all, but there is a free rotation every week, so lots of champions to try out before you start buying.

And about people telling you that you suck? People will do that even after you've played 200 hours. There is an easy sollution to it - mute the fuckheads.