Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    whether or not a build of death stranding is going to be shown at PSX depends on what state last of us 2 is. we know very well that sony likes to make ND design these 'stage' levels that they can show off to the public and generate tons of hype, usually they can be segments right from the middle of the game.

they're not going to show both of their top killer titles at once, even kaz isn't that insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is

Kojima has to show me gameplay before I believe he is doing anything but wasting millions to make pretty trailers. He pulled this same shit with MGSV and while people want to blame Konami we got years of pretty trailers only to get a shell of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Kojima has to show me gameplay before I believe he is doing anything but wasting millions to make pretty trailers. He pulled this same shit with MGSV and while people want to blame Konami we got years of pretty trailers only to get a shell of a game.
    One thing you cant fault MGSV on is the gameplay. Gameplay is smoother than butter. Problem is the rehashed missions in the later stages of the game and cut up plot because of clear lack of running out of time/money.

I agree kojima isnt perfect though as much as I enjoy his work.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

anyone wanna try make a guess what this game is about? Big bang?

Looks so interesting ^^
    I certainly hope not. The last thing America needs right now is a game pushing an ultra left wing agenda on indoctrinating our nation's youth on delusions of "evolution" garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I certainly hope not. The last thing America needs right now is a game pushing an ultra left wing agenda on indoctrinating our nation's youth on delusions of "evolution" garbage.
    Yes what we need is more Christian values and repressed sexuality.

nothing nips crime in the bud better than when you are scared god will punish you to an eternity of hell!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    color me confused and intrigued.

I will probably buy it because kojima knows just how to push my buttons(I really like intricate background systems and fine details.)
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

If it is playable - howsabout they actually SHOW us some actual gameplay instead of WTF cinematics?

I'm really on the fence as to weither this game is going to be absolutely genius or absolutely abysmal piece of confuse-o-fuck, sadly I'm leaning to the later as it seems like they're just doing freaky shit for no other reason than to be freaky. Like, this is shaping up to be potentially Kojima's ultimate Jump-the-shark moment in game design. >_<

Don't get me wrong, I WANT Kojima to prove my fears wrong! I'm just getting a really bad vibe from this whole thing...

I don't think there is anything worth buying yet. Anyone can come up with a WTF setting. He needs to deliver on gameplay videos first, just like any other game imho.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If it is playable - howsabout they actually SHOW us some actual gameplay instead of WTF cinematics?

I'm really on the fence as to weither this game is going to be absolutely genius or absolutely abysmal piece of confuse-o-fuck
    I’m sure it’s gona be both

Great, will we also learn what the game actually is before 2019?

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal boundaries is going to be a big theme in the game, judging by the marketing. Good opportunity for some serious horror if they spin it right.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't think there is anything worth buying yet. Anyone can come up with a WTF setting. He needs to deliver on gameplay videos first, just like any other game imho.
    Pretty obvious the game is gonna be a survival horror/thriller first person or 3rd person action adventure.

Gunplay. HuD suit with Blue display for health, red for in danger. A cassette player likely similar to MGSV for player immersive sound. A Light system on the suit that reveals invisible/different realm demon creatures with feet that look like hands and who have a corrosive skin or aura and drain the life force of people after hearing them or seeing their breath.

At least 5 bosses(the 5 black figures floating in the sky) who will be important to the story.

And theres also likely a war going on at the same time with special op units that are friend and foe.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-08 at 11:58 PM.

I've had an epiphany while driving home from work. Maybe this has been gone over more in the Playstation Experience today compared to the trailer at the Game Awards yesterday, but I like brainstorming.

I was thinking about the tech for the tethered fetus. The aliens can detect sound and breathing, including your heartbeat? The fetus is suspended in fluid, which masks the baby's heartbeat/being alive. It may just be firing the gun that doomed the other guy, but I also thought it might be possible they temporarily stop their heart and have the baby oxygenate their blood until the danger is gone or until the baby is close to being distressed. Although that has a hole poked in it that Reedus character apparently still has the fetus in him, assuming the other one is still in the incubator or w/e. So maybe the aliens detection isn't that sensitive after all and its as another theory states, its just a way of cloning yourself to try keeping the human race alive.

I'm leaning away from the "baby life support" theory though, simply because it would probably garner a lot of outrage from certain groups if a core gameplay loop involved a depiction of a baby in that way.

This is also reminding me of the time travel tethered suits from Noein in a way with how you've apparently got a tether if you're on the other side. Maybe that is also "Stranding" and only way to pull you back?

I just remembered the first trailer having the undead soldiers tethered to the one guy, so maybe the baby is an example of "Life Stranding" and those are Death Stranding?
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-12-09 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'm leaning away from the "baby life support" theory though, simply because it would probably garner a lot of outrage from certain groups if a core gameplay loop involved a depiction of a baby in that way.
    How can anyone who's played Kojima's games think he cares about offending any group of people? Not saying it's that way or not, but he certainly isn't going to not do an idea because it's not politically correct.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-09 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I'm really on the fence as to weither this game is going to be absolutely genius or absolutely abysmal piece of confuse-o-fuck, sadly I'm leaning to the later as it seems like they're just doing freaky shit for no other reason than to be freaky. Like, this is shaping up to be potentially Kojima's ultimate Jump-the-shark moment in game design. >_<

Don't get me wrong, I WANT Kojima to prove my fears wrong! I'm just getting a really bad vibe from this whole thing...
    I kinda feel that he's bordering on shyamalan levels of crazy now.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I kinda feel that he's bordering on shyamalan levels of crazy now.
    Hehe - for years I've been referring to it as "John Kricfalusi Syndrome".

For those not familiar with the name - John Kricfalusi is the creator of Ren & Stimpy who did the first few seasons of the show, then did his own "original" animations, then took over the show again when it tried to make a comeback on Spike TV. >_<

Dead Island taught me not to put too much faith in game trailers, especially the sort that do not show in-game footage. There's a few intriguing elements to Death Stranding but I do have some reservations too. Will it be weird for the sake of being weird? I love psychological horror games but I also like to be able to piece together what exactly is going on. Will it have action elements and if so will the presence of weaponry and technology lessen the sense of danger in the game world?

It's also hard not to see Norman Reedus as...well...Norman Reedus or his character Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead. I think it's a mistake to make the main character of a horror game look exactly like a prominent celebrity. It kind of makes it hard to be immersed in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Dead Island taught me not to put too much faith in game trailers, especially the sort that do not show in-game footage. There's a few intriguing elements to Death Stranding but I do have some reservations too. Will it be weird for the sake of being weird? I love psychological horror games but I also like to be able to piece together what exactly is going on. Will it have action elements and if so will the presence of weaponry and technology lessen the sense of danger in the game world?

It's also hard not to see Norman Reedus as...well...Norman Reedus or his character Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead. I think it's a mistake to make the main character of a horror game look exactly like a prominent celebrity. It kind of makes it hard to be immersed in my opinion.
    If you really want weird, go back and watch the few movies Norman Reedus is in before TWD, he looks pretty much the same, just we all scream Daryl now. He's not exactly that well disguised in his movie roles as far as his looks go, and when you consider he started out as a model...well he makes his living on his looks lol.

Recap of an interview someone had with kojima. Its NOT a interview with kojima himself.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the one with the legend himself.