Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty sure putting a gun in your glove box is much safer than carrying it on you...

- - - Updated - - -

So you were just being pedantic? great.
    Maybe you shouldn't make claims that are bogus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure putting a gun in your glove box is much safer than carrying it on you...
    Doesn't matter, shouldn't be in the glove compartment either. The law here states for it to be locked up unless under secure transportation, even then, it is to be disassembled.

As for the states, if you don't have the firearm on you, or locked up , then you are irresponsible with the handling of your firearm (as the opinion of an owner).

Edited the post to make people understand it a little better.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-12-08 at 08:04 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    There should be penalties for individuals who fail to report a stolen firearm. I think there should be also be laws regarding safe storage of firearms.
    Yeah. Stop Pretending is basically a fucking troll, but this is very sensible. If your gun is stolen, you need to report that shit. Also, as dangerous weapons whose only purpose and use is to fire bullets at things, there does need to be stricter laws for storing your guns. They're big fucking responsibilities and leaving them in vulnerable positions where they can easily be taken is something you should really be held partially accountable for.

People saying "LOL BUT SHOULD U PUNISH PPL IF THEIR CAR GET STOLE" should think about it like this. If a little kid is left alone in a hot car with no water and dies to heat, does that mean you think punishing the parents for child endangerment is comparable to "Punishing every parent who ever puts their kid in a car"?

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-08 at 08:52 PM.

Okay ignoring all of that other gibberish I didn't include in the quote, the military and police are paid by the citizenry, charged with protecting the citizens property, so yes them not protecting those guns properly is a much bigger deal than someone not protecting their private property to your satisfaction.
    That is an excellent logic. I should probably be fine then leaving my gun on a front yard table. If someone walks in and steals it - it is totally not my fault. After all, they committed an act of theft and I am not responsible. Good to know. And by the way, I am glad I live in a country where improper storage of firearms is punishable by law and glove boxes are not classified as "proper storage". FYI, I keep my pistol locked in a 450 pound safe. At least I can honestly say that my gun is as safe as it can reasonably be from burglaries, and that it is not going to be used by some 3rd party to commit crime.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah. Stop Pretending is basically a fucking troll, but this is very sensible. If your gun is stolen, you need to report that shit. Also, as dangerous weapons whose only purpose and use is to fire bullets at things, there does need to be stricter laws for storing your guns. They're big fucking responsibilities and leaving them in vulnerable positions where they can easily be taken is something you should really be held partially accountable for.

People saying "LOL BUT SHOULD U PUNISH PPL IF THEIR CAR GET STOLE" should think about it like this. If a little kid is left alone in a hot car with no water and dies to heat, does that mean you think punishing the parents for child endangerment is comparable to "Punishing every parent who ever puts their kid in a car"?
    How am I troll? You just agreed witty everything I've been stating?
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    There should be penalties for individuals who fail to report a stolen firearm. I think there should be also be laws regarding safe storage of firearms.
    I honestly believed this was a thing. I honestly thought it had to be reported stolen with the valid documentation offered for the law enforcement. As well, yes, should be stricter laws on storage, not the glove compartment or some shoe box.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    How am I troll? You just agreed witty everything I've been stating?
    Go back and read every single one of your posts. They're snarky to the point of being inflammatory, you don't actually really lay out what you think, you just brashly state shit and then when people think you're a stupid asshole for being so inexplicably blunt, your response is to act like they're an idiot for not correctly understanding you.

I mean, either you're trolling or you're just a genuine asshole. Take your pick?

Go back and read every single one of your posts. They're snarky to the point of being inflammatory, you don't actually really lay out what you think, you just brashly state shit and then when people think you're a stupid asshole for being so inexplicably blunt, your response is to act like they're an idiot for not correctly understanding you.

I mean, either you're trolling or you're just a genuine asshole. Take your pick?
    I'll take asshole, while you take your infraction. My thoughts are laid out quite simply, can't store your gun properly, pay a fine, or lose your right to own a gun.

How am I troll?
    you're a stupid asshole
    ~~~~fin~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    .... Only to be used later on that day to shoot a police officer in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now.c...r-surgery/amp/

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    Harsh penalties for gun owners who have their houses broken into? I assume you also advocate for harsh sentences for people who have their cars stolen, if the car thief runs someone over with the car? I'm ashamed you root for the same football team as me, sadly, this is exactly how people from Massachusetts think, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    Harsh penalties for gun owners who have their houses broken into? I assume you also advocate for harsh sentences for people who have their cars stolen, if the car thief runs someone over with the car? I'm ashamed you root for the same football team as me, sadly, this is exactly how people from Massachusetts think, unfortunately.
    I really don't think it's to much to ask people to secure their firearms. If your safe gets stolen, then you attempted to secure them, but storing them in a glove box, isn't. In a perfect world shit stains wouldn't steal, but that's not our world.

Parents are held responsible if their kid steals their firearm, dealers are held responsible if their inventory is stolen, so why are we excusing owners who are irresponsibly storing their firearms?

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    That's like saying if someone stole my TV and then used it to beat someone to death with it, should I get charged? Get your anti-gun shit out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    That's like saying if someone stole my TV and then used it to beat someone to death with it, should I get charged? Get your anti-gun shit out of here.
    Except I own guns. Asking for responsible gun ownership isn't anti-gun.

Except I own guns. Asking for responsible gun ownership isn't anti-gun.
    So this person had their guns in their house legally, someone ILLEGALLY broke in and stole their items including this gun. How is that the home owners fault?

Outside of the home owner having a sign next to the gun that said "STEAL THIS AND COMMIT A CRIME WITH IT!", I fail to see how you can blame them.

Lock up your shit or don't own it. Be a fucking adult.

So this person had their guns in their house legally, someone ILLEGALLY broke in and stole their items including this gun. How is that the home owners fault?

Outside of the home owner having a sign next to the gun that said "STEAL THIS AND COMMIT A CRIME WITH IT!", I fail to see how you can blame them.
    It was is his car, a car is not the proper place to store your firearm. If you have to, they make safes that bolts to your car frame, and near impossible to steal. I'm not saying punish him for the crime committed, but for it getting stolen because it wasn't stored in a proper way. A fine, and loss of ownership rights if it happens again seems fitting. Now, if your guns are in a safe, then an attempt was made to keep it secure. We punish parents if their kids access firearms that aren't out of reach, we punish dealers and armories if they get their stock stolen. It's really not a foreign concept.

Earlier this year a PD had one of their cars broken into, and a shotgun and AR was stolen, apparently they thought storing them in plain sight, in an unsecured parking lot was acceptable. It's not.

Why? Unless you can prove the owner gave them to the perps, it's all on the perp.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Why?
    Negligent storage.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    And also for people who have their cars stolen, as cars can be used to facilitate other crimes or in hit-and-runs.
    only took 10 post for someone to make the car reference.......sigh

And we should stone women who get raped. They should have guarded their vagina's better...................see how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    A responsible gun owner wouldn't have gotten his gun stolen.
    Sure they would. Bump the lock on the front door and then you can get into any safe with the rights tools in less than 15 mins. All locks and safes do is make it hard to steal something. That's like saying a responsible woman wouldn't have gotten raped.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!