Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well some millenials do know how to read an analog clock and some do not.
    Just like how some older people don't know how to use something simple as GOOGLE to solve a problem, or how to follow simple instructions that is on the screen infront of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pure bait thread. As a millennial I can assure you know how to read a bloody clock, tie my shoelaces and make a call with a rotary phone (if I even happen to see one ever again).

On the other hand many older people can't bloody get their way around their smartphone. Let's make a thread about that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, you want me to change something that has been ingrained in me since I was a child and dozens of generations before used because you're an anal bastard? Nope.
    You don't have to change shit, that wasn't my fucking point, I am not your keeper, I just think when self important boobs say shit like 15 minutes till, when it is equally as easy to say 15mins until 7PM, they are doing it to facilitate more conversation and drama in their own lives, because not much is going on.

I mean at least if you didn't answer or said fuck off, that would be consistent with not really wanting to answer the question.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You don't have to change shit, that wasn't my fucking point, I am not your keeper, I just think when self important boobs say shit like 15 minutes till, when it is equally as easy to say 15mins until 7PM, they are doing it to facilitate more conversation and drama in their own lives, because not much is going on.

I mean at least if you didn't answer or said fuck off, that would be consistent with not really wanting to answer the question.

You claim that people using linguistic patterns they learnt as children from when those patterns made sense is 'self-important'... I... There are no words for the stupid here.

I bet you are one of those people who buy new knives everytime one gets dull because you never learnt a basic fucking life skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    It was just an observation I made a couple days ago. I bought a clock for my kitchen..worst part is..it roman numerals lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You claim that people using linguistic patterns they learnt as children from when those patterns made sense is 'self-important'... I... There are no words for the stupid here.

I bet you are one of those people who buy new knives everytime one gets dull because you never learnt a basic fucking life skill.
    So you didn't learn to stop and critically think about a question that was asked rather than belt out whatever bullshit. As for the knives No because I understand how a knife goes from being sharp to being dull in the first fucking place, so I wouldn't need to throw any away unless I just wanted a new set.

5+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't learn to stop and critically think about a question that was asked rather than belt out whatever bullshit. As for the knives No because I understand how a knife goes from being sharp to being dull in the first fucking place, so I wouldn't need to throw any away unless I just wanted a new set.
    You're the one ranting and raving like a lunatic mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one ranting and raving like a lunatic mate.
    Well I am typing, and I am pointing out a criticism of people who say stupid shit like it's 15 minutes til, as opposed to the actual fucking time especially when most clocks are digital, and it is very fucking easy to say 7:58PM or fuck off, rather than play some stupid game of "Let see if you ask me another question"

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    I mean, even if they aren't taught how, analog clocks are a dying device. Why read a grandfather clock when you always have a phone that blatantly tells you the time without prior education. At this point teaching kids how to read an analog clock is like teaching them how to rewind a VCR tape.
    Its just a clock on the phone. Its nothing different. And you do realize that there are clocks in the phone, computer, etc that run the machine? To say clocks are dying is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Its just a clock on the phone. Its nothing different. And you do realize that there are clocks in the phone, computer, etc that run the machine? To say clocks are dying is wrong.
    He said ANALOG clocks are dying, if you have an analog clock in your phone, you should probably upgrade from this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I have two nephews capable.
    One can, other can't be bothered.
    Tehre is nothing "millenial" about it.
    And if millennials have so many problems, then take a look at those who raised them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty certain most infant schools teach kids how to understand a clock face.
    #boycottchina

I inserted my finger in the holes but nothing happens!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yes but i dont see the point in buying one any time past 2004 or so.

My phone has a digital clock. My pc at work and at home has a digital clock. My car has a digital clock. The one area of my house with analogue clock also has my oven which has a digital clock, my thermostat which has a digital clock and my microwave which has a digital clock. Oh, and my TV has one too.

Buying one at this point is just a waste of money. Its purely an aesthetics purchase, and there is lot better shit you can buy for visuals, that won't make you look like either a hipster, or a granny.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well I am typing, and I am pointing out a criticism of people who say stupid shit like it's 15 minutes til, as opposed to the actual fucking time especially when most clocks are digital, and it is very fucking easy to say 7:58PM or fuck off, rather than play some stupid game of "Let see if you ask me another question"
    Oh wow... Get over yourself, people speak in different ways, so if that triggers you so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow... Get over yourself, people speak in different ways, so if that triggers you so much.
    That isn’t speaking in different ways. It’s being someone I hope I’m no neighbors with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I inserted my finger in the holes but nothing happens!

I want one of those so bad a touchstone one.

Antedated tech that is old and virtually useless? What's the point in "knowing" how they work if trends are rightfully phasing them out? Rotary phones are effectively gone, all TV is digital... Hell, even the age of "TV" is ending with streaming services essentially taking over viewership in this day-in-age. We don't use brick phones anymore, let alone non-smartphones, even cameras are nearly entirely phased out by digital cameras. This is just how things in life are. Thinking that someone is "stupid" for using something that is more advanced or by investing in these trends is truly the "stupid" ideology.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope most kids do. At least in the US the grade school classrooms have both analog and digital clocks, and it's something taught in 1st or 2nd grade.

My nephews and nieces get annoyed when I say things like "quarter to/past x" and "half past y" instead of giving them a number and how boy do they had it when I say "oh its about four" "NO ITS NOT, IT'S 3:58!!!".
    That doesn't sound like a millenial thing. They may have OCD or some other disorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It was just an observation I made a couple days ago. I bought a clock for my kitchen..worst part is..it roman numerals lol.
    My mom in her 50's doesn't do analog clock without clear numbers (but I think that's because her eyesight is starting to worsen and she doesn't want to admit it...), but my 12-year-old younger sister knows how to read any analog clock.

I'm super fascinated by this like, my mom has a preference for clear clocks but I didn't know analog clocks were such a Big Deal there are people who can't read them and refuse to learn? Almost all clocks in public around where I live are analog.

And like wtf are people who don't have an analog wall clock??? I'm genuinely confused and worried here.