Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Wildhammer Dwarf Allied Race

Dammit ion, I know you browse these forums.
    If you don't add wildhammer dwarves into the alliance as an allied race sometime in battle for azeroth I will start a book burning. Also, make sure they can become druids.
    Wildhammer dwarves are all about nature, the elements etc. They don't care about the light, so instead of paladins and priests I think they should be able to become druids.

ALSO DONT ADD THEM TO THE HORDE, DONT ADD A SINGLE DWARF TO THE HORDE I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL CONVERT YOUR ENTIRE DOPAMINE SUPPLY TO MERCURY IF YOU ADD DWARVES TO THE HORDE.

also, yall in the comments. dont give me that bs that they've already added a dwarf allied race. they've already added two elf allied races so dont give me that shite
    Last edited by Merryck; 2017-12-09 at 06:17 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the lore, I want wildhammer druids. Maybe give a dark iron demon hunter so I never have to play a non-master race character again.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think stuff like Wildhammer should be just part of standard Dwarf customization. I don't think it would be much a stretch to starting on Dun Morogh (same with Dark Iron, since Moira is present in Ironforge during Cata, when levelling start).

It should be always the case - subrace make sense for staring zone -> it's isn't Allied Race. So for example non-green orc could be part of customization, but Lightforged/Highmountain don't fit for starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Fuck the lore, I want wildhammer druids. Maybe give a dark iron demon hunter so I never have to play a non-master race character again.
    I don't think Wildhammer Druids would go against the lore though.

I think this subrace is a great idea, gives Alliance druids a new race to play, maybe also give them Night Elf Worgen to even things out 2-2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Dammit ian, I know you browse these forums.
    If you don't add wildhammer dwarves into the alliance as an allied race sometime in battle for azeroth I will start a book burning. Also, make sure they can become druids.
    Only if they restore my revered status with the original wildhammer! (Seriously I had it on my reputation bar for several expansions... it said something like "DEPRECATED Wildhammer Clan DEPRECATED")

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think stuff like Wildhammer should be just part of standard Dwarf customization. I don't think it would be much a stretch to starting on Dun Morogh (same with Dark Iron, since Moira is present in Ironforge during Cata, when levelling start).

It should be always the case - subrace make sense for staring zone -> it's isn't Allied Race. So for example non-green orc could be part of customization, but Lightforged/Highmountain don't fit for starting zone.
    I disagree. It may not be represented very well in game but the wild hammer dwarves are very different to the bronzebeard. Lorewise, and appearance wise. Wildhammer dwarves were said to have a lot more hair body hair, slightly shorter and more stockier, they have tattoos, and often they will adorn their beards with feathers, beads and other stuff. It wouldn't make sense for them to start in dun morogh as that is not where they live, and they hate the snow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never say never, they did mention more allied races will be coming later in BFA. I'd be game for Wildhammers, but I also want me some mok'nathal and broken. For the record, Wildhammers are much more tribal in appearance than Bronzebeards--feathers, beads, and furs are common. They also tend toward more obviously-ScotIreland inspirations in their social organizations, as evidenced by the Twilight Highlands Wildhammer storyline.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Never say never, they did mention more allied races will be coming later in BFA. I'd be game for Wildhammers, but I also want me some mok'nathal and broken. For the record, Wildhammers are much more tribal in appearance than Bronzebeards--feathers, beads, and furs are common. They also tend toward more obviously-ScotIreland inspirations in their social organizations, as evidenced by the Twilight Highlands Wildhammer storyline.
    They said “later.” They did not say “Later in BfA.” There’s absolutely no guarantee that more Allied Races will be in this expansion, although everyone hopes there are. We already got 6, we may have to wait 1-2 expansions for more.

I'd really love Wildhammer Dwarven druids <3

Eventually sure, but we're getting dark irons in 8.0 so maybe get some other races in first.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think Wildhammer Druids would go against the lore though.

I think this subrace is a great idea, gives Alliance druids a new race to play, maybe also give them Night Elf Worgen to even things out 2-2 .
    Night Elf worgen is such a dumb idea. I don't mean that as a personal attack, it's just such a non-issue. They're already in worgen form the majority of the time, their forms are just going to look like wolf-influenced forms, exactly as worgen are.

If you're going to add a worgen-based allied race, make it Dragonmen under Wrathion's command, further empowered from the Black Dragon blood infused Gilneans in Cata.

Then you can have dragon-influenced druid forms and something closer to current Allied races, rather than a third elf that is also just a worgen.

I am all in for Wildhammers! Sadly, like you said yourself, I just don't see them coming anytime soon (unless Blizzard starts pumping allied races way faster than I'd expect and we end up having ~15 total in BFA alone) due to Dark Irons being added in 8.0. I highly doubt they will release 2 types of dwarves in a row, especially after all the "World of Elfcraft" recent lash-outs, but there are some other races that could use some attention too! Do not despair, Wildhammers will eventually join our adventure.

I'd also love to see playable forest trolls (basically, all the other yet unavailable faction races from WC2), but they fall in that very category as well. And I personally hope Blizzard will tone down the "cool looking unpredictability" factor they've been mentioning when making those decisions further down the line. I'd be let down to see stuff like Amani joining the Alliance or space-faring Ogre musketeers jumping into Warcraft.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It is weird that the Dark Iron were chosen over Wildhammer. Wildhammer is arguably the most famous of all the Dwarves because of Kurdran.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person that plays dwarf. My dwarf shaman really sticks out. I hope this brings more dwarves!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Night Elf worgen is such a dumb idea. I don't mean that as a personal attack, it's just such a non-issue. They're already in worgen form the majority of the time, their forms are just going to look like wolf-influenced forms, exactly as worgen are.

If you're going to add a worgen-based allied race, make it Dragonmen under Wrathion's command, further empowered from the Black Dragon blood infused Gilneans in Cata.

Then you can have dragon-influenced druid forms and something closer to current Allied races, rather than a third elf that is also just a worgen.
    well i figured the Worgen forms would be made to look different, like a reskin with slightly different facial features, skin colors, ears etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    It is weird that the Dark Iron were chosen over Wildhammer. Wildhammer is arguably the most famous of all the Dwarves because of Kurdran.
    This is rather subjective. I personally fully agree with your sentiment there, but it concerns mainly those of us who have been around since the earlier RTS installments. Heck, I've met an abundant amount of WoW players who did not have a clue who Arthas is, let alone the likes of the Sons of Lothar. And that was years ago.

I've never played an alliance character beyond level... 20? 30 maybe?, my main has always been my feral druid, and the only two races races I actually like from the Alliance are male Worgen (but they don't make sense to me as druids) and Dwarfs, and I'd definitely level up a Wildhammer Druid. I'm surprised they chose to add first the Dark Iron over the Wildhammer.

They both have cool lore, but they chose Dark Iron because they stand out a bit more than tattooed tribal dwarfs it gets more people hyped.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koroniss View Post
    This is rather subjective. I personally fully agree with your sentiment there, but it concerns mainly those of us who have been around since the earlier RTS installments. Heck, I've met an abundant amount of WoW players who did not have a clue who Arthas is, let alone the likes of the Sons of Lothar. And that was years ago.
    True. I just meant for lore reasons. If you are a fan of the lore you probably know more about the Wildhammer than the Dark Iron. In WoW Bronzebeard is the most famous, Dark Iron probably #2 and then Wildhammer #3 but if you have an interest in the lore even if you haven't played the RTS games you're probably a bigger fan of Wildhammer and I'd argue Dark Iron is probably the least interesting lore wise. They do look the coolest, I guess, but they don't even really have that many interesting lore characters if any. People remember Dark Iron more as random trash enemies than characters with story and important lore figures. I bet most non lore fans couldn't even tell you who Moira is but they could probably tell you Magni & Brann and depending on how long of a fan they've been of Warcraft can probably tell you about Muradin and Kurdran. Also, there is a giant statue of Kurdran in the front of Stormwind so chances are if you are playing WoW for the first time as a Human he's going to be the first Dwarf you see in game.

I think the biggest issue with introducing Wildhammer as an Allied race is that they don't really look much different than the regular Bronzebeard Dwarves. Maybe some markings but that's it. Not even a unique skin color. Even Highmountain Tauren was able to add markings + antlers. Lightforged Draenei has markings + weird thing above their head. With Wildhammer it's just some markings. That said, Blizz could just go in there like they've done in the past and change them around a little bit. Maybe make them super hairy or something. More animal like.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    True. I just meant for lore reasons. If you are a fan of the lore you probably know more about the Wildhammer than the Dark Iron. In WoW Bronzebeard is the most famous, Dark Iron probably #2 and then Wildhammer #3 but if you have an interest in the lore even if you haven't played the RTS games you're probably a bigger fan of Wildhammer and I'd argue Dark Iron is probably the least interesting lore wise. They do look the coolest, I guess, but they don't even really have that many interesting lore characters if any. People remember Dark Iron more as random trash enemies than characters with story and important lore figures. I bet most non lore fans couldn't even tell you who Moira is but they could probably tell you Magni & Brann and depending on how long of a fan they've been of Warcraft can probably tell you about Muradin and Kurdran. Also, there is a giant statue of Kurdran in the front of Stormwind so chances are if you are playing WoW for the first time as a Human he's going to be the first Dwarf you see in game.

I think the biggest issue with introducing Wildhammer as an Allied race is that they don't really look much different than the regular Bronzebeard Dwarves. Maybe some markings but that's it. Not even a unique skin color. Even Highmountain Tauren was able to add markings + antlers. Lightforged Draenei has markings + weird thing above their head. With Wildhammer it's just some markings. That said, Blizz could just go in there like they've done in the past and change them around a little bit. Maybe make them super hairy or something. More animal like.
    Moira isn't even a dark iron dwarf, she's a bronzebeard married into a dark iron dwarf family.