Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wow! If i was an employee you'd BET i'd LOVE to openly discuss class balance with the community after reading this thread !

People complain he behaved like an arse, and aren't behaving any better here.
    If you want class balance discussion, and don't find a particular dev's answer satisfying, don't turn to scapegoating. Keep pushing the discussion.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need people to blame for the state of the game, I need competent developers who can make it better. This obviously wasn't one of them.

Deleted
    I knew right away that I wouldn’t like him because of his hair. Then he started speaking class balance and my brain melted.
    Thinking yourself to be omnipotent and calling other people(arguably some of the best in their class) bad while not even knowing the rotations for that class is like.... so fucking stupid.

Someone who is one class balance should, IMO, have a basic understanding off how all specs in the game work.

These comments are really toxic. It's almost like he was responsible for WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    dave kosak gone
    dave holinka gone
    now celestalon gone

Ion is cleaning house of all the shitters.
    If that were true, he'd be going to Hearthstone himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    I can understand all other comments but I cannot, for the life of me, understand wtf shamans are talking about. Elemental is fucking amazing right now. Best it has ever been.
    It went from the best it ever was (MoP) to a dumpster fire in WoD.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I wish him the best, And thanks to celestalon for his years of work on World of Warcraft!
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2017-12-09 at 09:02 AM.

Good luck hearthstone players, your game is already shit but it's not going to get better.

Deleted
    thank god!

He's a blue hair sjw. Have you seen his Twitter??? Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Unlike Holinka though, I cannot help feel a little sorry for the guy though because at least he seems decent enough person outside of his role. I just feel he was given too much responsibility too soon and didn't really know how to learn from his failures after his early success. Maybe HS will be more his forte though considering what a trainwreck that game is when it comes to balance as well, I hope he isn't jumping from one vat of boiling oil to the other.
    I find it hard to have sympathy for someone like Nervig, who liked to use very loaded language and snark when responding to paying customers. He earned the comments now he's leaving.

Maybe he'll be a benefit to the Hearthstone team, maybe he won't, I don't really care, I'm not invested in that game. But going by the total fuck up of the balancing team in Legion, this is a needed change. He's one of those guys who needs to stay off social media, honestly. He just rubs people the wrong way. He's like that one IT guy who, while good at his job, leaves you wanting to punch him in the face after dealing with him face to face, because he just doesn't have any social skills and is beyond obtuse.

Can only wish him the best. Don't play hearthstone myself but hope the game improves for those that do.

hey, the new expansion adventure thing is cool and funny, stop saying hs is shit ffs §

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    If I remember correctly, they don't pick their names or posting avatars. They get assigned when they start in their position.
    Facts checker:

Hazzikostas initially chose the name "Watcher" because he needed a name for his character to watch Ulduar raids on the PTR.

Jeffrey Kaplan (alias Tigole). Jeff was hired by Blizzard because of his status as Tigole, guild leader for Legacy of Steel on The Nameless server of EverQuest, and his rants on Sony Online's handling of endgame content In EverQuest made him a celebrity In the EQ community.

Tom Chilton (aliases Kalgan and Evocare), his ingame nickname from ultima online.

Chris Metzen has used the alias "Thundergod" in multiple online venues.

So far just ingame nicknames from wow or other games.

Honestly if my job was destroying your favorite class, and I somehow kept getting paid to do that I would never quit. They would have to promote me or I'd do that job until I died.

Y'all need to get laid.

Good. Now we have to get rid of that Ghostcrawler guy and we're good!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

nooooooooooo!! don't ruin hearthstone toooooooooo!!!

I can't say I'm sorry.

We'll see who replaces him.

looks like this is going to be stupid question but who is Celestalon ?