Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New York explosion at Manhattan bus terminal

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42312293

New York City Police say a man is being held after an explosion at a bus terminal in Manhattan.

The blast happened on Monday morning in an underpass at the Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times Square.

Police said no-one other than the suspect had been hurt.

"The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan," tweeted the department.

"The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available."

@NYPDTransit
    Subway service and travel through the Times Sq subway station is restricted as we investigate an incident, please avoid the area pic.twitter.com/R8L3HOnqhh

— Chief Joseph Fox (@NYPDTransit) December 11, 2017
    ABC News quotes police sources as saying that a possible pipe bomb was detonated in a passageway below ground at the terminal.

The city fire department said there was "one non-life-threatening injury".

Law enforcement sources told an NBC affiliate that a suspect went into Port Authority carrying a device that went off prematurely and he was taken into custody.

A man with a "possible second device" was detained in the subway tunnel, law enforcement sources told WPIX TV.

He was described him as "having wires coming out of him", according to the New York television station

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Donald Trump has been briefed on the incident.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal is the largest in the US, serving more than 65 million people a year.

The Times Square-42nd Street subway station complex is located underneath the transport hub.
    Live feed

• Happened at the A line tunnel along 8th ave. cooridor between 7th and 8th (thanks /u/onedollalama for that info and correction)
    • 2 people injured, including the bomber.
    • Bomber in custody.
    • 34th street, Staton, Bronx are all being checked for further devices
    • Subway/bus activity around Port Authority completely stoped.
    • Evacuating Times building
    • Injured pedestrian was a man in his 20's, Brooklyn resident. Leg injured.
    • Unverified video (NSFW) https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/s...577154/video/1 (Now confirmed)
    Last edited by noidentity; 2017-12-11 at 01:54 PM.

Thoughts and prayers etc

Thank fuck he sucked at what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Thoughts and prayers etc
    Did you even read it? Noone but the suspect was hurt (while being detained).

Deleted
    Is muslim terrorism confirmed yet or only suspected?

EDIT:

"When asked if the suspect mentioned ISIS, NYPD Police Commissioner James O’Neill said the suspect “did make statements, but we’re not gonna talk about that right now.”"

So yes, it was a muslim thing. ISIS has a lot of supporters...
    Last edited by mmoc4a5b98d7bc; 2017-12-11 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN says a pipe bomb may have unintentionally detonated...as if theres a proper place and time for such things...

Someone was apprehended, hopefully nobody was hurt.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Thoughts and prayers etc
    one like one prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Did you even read it? Noone but the suspect was hurt (while being detained).
    Thoughts and prayers to the suspect. I gotta think and pray for someone right?

The article stated no one but the suspect was injured, hopefully those updates I posted is wrong.

just a pipe bomb? small change imo, its when they have tiki torches folks need to get concerned.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Alleged Bomber is 27-year-old Bangladeshi male named Akayed Ullah, colour me shocked..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Alleged Bomber is 27-year-old Bangladeshi male named Akayed Ullah, colour me shocked..
    If Trump wasn't elected this wouldn't have happened!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Bangladesh isn't on Trump's travel ban, and he had been in the US for 7 years. In other words, he was radicalized in the US...very likely because of the rhetoric being spouted out by Trump...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Bangladesh isn't on Trump's travel ban, and he had been in the US for 7 years. In other words, he was radicalized in the US...very likely because of the rhetoric being spouted out by Trump...
    "I'll show them we aren't all Terrorists, by being a Terrorist!!" I mean, if you are delusional enough to think it's Trumps fault. Go ahead.

The dude didn't actually kill anyone, so he's clearly not a threat. Let him go I say.

No, I'm not serious. I am making fun of the people that say Antifa are not threats because they haven't killed anyone

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    CNN says a pipe bomb may have unintentionally detonated...as if theres a proper place and time for such things...

Someone was apprehended, hopefully nobody was hurt.
    Intentional detonation would have taken whole lot more people than this failed bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    And the people that were radicalized before Trump?

This is like some right wingers blaming Obama for 9/11 type shit. We don't even know why this fucker did it yet and people are already saying he was radicalized because of Trump rofl.
    Well, clearly, he got in a time machine and radicalized them in preparation for his presidency.

I'm glad nobody died.

Whenever something happens in Israel there's a spike in these attacks.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It was maddness this morning I decided to go hack home I didn’t feel entirely safe taking the subway in case of a wider attack like the one in London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    And the people that were radicalized before Trump?

This is like some right wingers blaming Obama for 9/11 type shit. We don't even know why this fucker did it yet and people are already saying he was radicalized because of Trump rofl.
    Obama's actions radicalized people, so did Bush, however Trump is the first one that goes out of his way to provoke people because he needs constant attention i suppose.

Would not surprise me that in the coming months you see more attacks on US soil, however seems a bit of a pointless exercise since most of you like to shoot each other often enough