Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Polarbear View Post
    troll
    qft

this has been brought up many times always ends up getting closed to do flaming.

gays dont belong in a fantasy game... oh wait. male blood elves

Maiev says hi and she was a part of a major plot in TBC. Can't get more spotlight than that unless she was screaming out her lungs "I'm gay" while shooting Illidan.

The first reason fails on it's own, since being straight is normal, just as being gay is normal.

Also what about valentines day. You can hit on either gender guard.

I heard most of the NPC's on proudmore are gay, maybe just speculation.

TBH, "why are there no gay npc's?" sounds just like "Why are there no black NPC's?" to me.

I'm a democrat, I demand democrat NPC's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    btw "heteronormative"? being heterosexual IS normal... deal with it.
    A straight person says that to deal with his own insecurties that maybe, just maybe, gay is as normal as straight and he can't deal with that fact?

From my point of view, being straight as alien a concept to me as gay is to you, so to me, your not that normal.

You see how this works? (probably not)
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...vationOfDetail

If Blizz were to make an outwardly gay character, it'd have to be for a reason. Otherwise they're adding emphasis on something that really makes no difference to the story, world, or anything.

PS: There are some night elf ladies in Star's Reach who are pretty heavily implied to be lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elir View Post
    Right, but it costs them nothing to through in a token gay NPC even. Why do fantasy worlds have be filled with exclusively heterosexual characters?
    Because families would get pissed if blizz added gay people into the game when their kids watch it...it would be like promoting it.

Being a gay man myself, I say: who the hell cares? People who still think being gay is "abnormal" or somehow not acceptable are ignorant twits and deserve to be treated as such. Anyone who isn't stuck in the 20th century really doesn't care about homosexuality anymore. I didn't choose to be gay just like no straight person chose to be straight. I don't need some NPC in a game to justify who I am; not to myself or anyone else.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2010-11-13 at 05:03 AM.

They gave an entire gay race with the BC release. What else can you call a male blood elf?

Topics like these are very silly. In this time of war, we rarely see the personal life of ANY lore figure. This isn't World of Lovecraft or World of Sexcraft, and as such, most characters are identified as neither heterosexual nor homosexual. If you want every single character in the world to be gay, then you can pretend that they are. If you want every single character in the world to be straight, then you can pretend that they are. If you don't give a damn and play the game for entertainment, not it's political statements or sexual content (or lack thereof), then that is great too. If people have such an issue with this, then they need to go find World of Sexcraft where they can be perfectly at peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread should be closed before this turns into something disgusting.

how do you know some of the npc's arent gay? in about 99.9% of the cases we can't tell.

Its a video game, people, stop reading so much into it.

Can gays just give it a rest? The rest of us are just tired of your whining. Close the door, draw the curtains, whatever. Just shut up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadees View Post
    This.
    Video game companies tell stories with the characters they created. If you want to be a part of their creative processes, put in an application. I'm all for gays and other minorities having the same rights as anyone else, but they don't need to be represented in every piece of creative media.
    In other words you don't want to have to think about gays around you.

I love when because being gay is an alien concept to a lot of straight guys, they pass off the 'its not normal because I'm not gay' excuse.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by erotix View Post
    Pretty funny if you ask me, I wont lie, I've had very homosexual encounters in my life, and I dont regret any of it. But it seems to me like any minority of any kind is always trying to get their foot in the door of something. But to me; If you're REALLY serious about LGBT issues, you wouldn't really care weather or not a video game has homesexual NPC's... SERIOUSLY!

NEWS FLASH: there are tens of thousands of homosexual WoW players, and I honestly dont think blizzard would ban them for it if they found out... nothing about wow is oppressive to homosexuals so stfu IMO

btw "heteronormative"? being heterosexual IS normal... deal with it.

EDIT: oh yeah, what about the blood elf racial leader? hes pretty gay huh?
    news flash, there aren't tens of thousands of gays that play wow. you make it seem like the entire gay community plays wow, they don't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    A straight person says that to deal with his own insecurties that maybe, just maybe, gay is as normal as straight and he can't deal with that fact?

From my point of view, being straight as alien a concept to me as gay is to you, so to me, your not that normal.

well if you read my post.. you would see that i have in fact kissed guys and so on and so fourth,
    the fact is that no matter how YOU or I feel, 1 in 20 people in america are gay.. so... yeah its not what i would call normal.

i wouldnt call it wrong either believe me.

In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average.
    Hence gay is not normal. Neither is my sexuality. At least homosexuality and bisexuality is given as an option.

If gay were normal (read: more prevalent), our species would have died out long ago and none of us would be here. Homosexuals are, statistically speaking, in the minority. It may feel normal to be gay to you, but looking at numbers, it's simply less common.
    Last edited by tilgare; 2010-11-13 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Can gays just give it a rest? The rest of us are just tired of your whining. Close the door, draw the curtains, whatever. Just shut up about it.
    Sure thing, soon as you swear to celibacy