At this point I'm not expecting any news until the next Blizzcon, and even then its only IF we get a sequel. If we don't get one we'd probably get radio silenced for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Have we ever heard anything new from Duncan by now?
    He is completely focused on Mute right now, filming it Berlin. (Don't know why anyone would go to that piss hole of a city, probably cheap to film there or a lot of subsidies)

Duncan talks bout a few things he'd do in a sequel if he did another.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/war.../1100-6446598/

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    He is completely focused on Mute right now, filming it Berlin. (Don't know why anyone would go to that piss hole of a city, probably cheap to film there or a lot of subsidies)
    That is a lot of hate for a city.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Duncan talks bout a few things he'd do in a sequel if he did another.
    LOL. As if someone would allow him to, after a spectacular failure of the first part. It netted less than $200M in theaters and home video with $270 budget and marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    LOL. As if someone would allow him to, after a spectacular failure of the first part. It netted less than $200M in theaters and home video with $270 budget and marketing.
    If anything, Duncan's directorial work is one of the few things (along the motion capture and special effects on magic) that hit the mark.

I very much expect something to change in the production team and sure as hell they should deliver a better marketing campaign but you can be sure, despite your retarded agenda, that Duncan is one of those 2-3 things that will stay for a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    SNIP... that Duncan is one of those 2-3 things that will stay for a sequel.
    I doubt that to be honest. He was too inexperienced. Had all that money and blew his wad on CGI to the detriment of other things. While the orcs looked good, the acting and directing for them was not all that amazing. Decent but not great. The rare few good scenes with orcs doesn't save him from the mediocrity the rest of the directing gave us.

Once you add in how bad the human acting and directing was I'd said his directing ability is suspect in this area. He did pretty well with the only two low budget movies he has done but warcraft was unlike anything he had ever done and I can't say he did good job.

He may have had passion but it's wasn't all that well directed.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-01-06 at 03:50 PM.

Why would a movie company be interested in a sequel while the first one didn't even make a profit? I very much doubt that a sequel would do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why would a movie company be interested in a sequel while the first one didn't even make a profit? I very much doubt that a sequel would do any better.
    If a Chinese company were willing to put up a chunk of the cost of filming the movie, I could see another being made considering how financially successful it was for them.

I highly doubt a sequel will be made otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If a Chinese company were willing to put up a chunk of the cost of filming the movie, I could see another being made considering how financially successful it was for them.

I highly doubt a sequel will be made otherwise.
    Agreed. Given that Legendary is now owned by a Chinese entertainment group called Wanda. I could see them wanting to do another warcraft movie but I have a feeling it would have a much lower budget. At that point, could it be good enough to matter? Can you imagine how bad this warcraft movie would have been with a lower budget? UGH.....

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Just get blizzards cinematic team make a movie
    Do you know how long it takes them to make a single 5 minute cinematic?

Let alone they're not the greatest writers... Every single one is full of the cheesiest and most cliche lines, but it gets away with it being a cinematic.

Deleted
    This is from Wei Wang's Artstation and is labeled 'wei-wang-wei-wow-movie-final-v1'. Awesome ending to witness but shifts the focus to the Legion making the movie even more messy.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/weiwangart

- - - Updated - - -

Oh it's from 2010... well then, cool art but irrelevant.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2017-01-14 at 09:22 AM.

Why does that Paladin have the Scepter of the Shifting Sands?

Deleted
    Tbh that looks like something that would be in Warcraft 2 movie..great art btw!

Warcraft picked as worst movie of 2016 by Rottentomatoes critic roundtable

David Bowie be spinning in his grave like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Warcraft picked as worst movie of 2016 by Rottentomatoes critic roundtable

No mention of Ghostbusters which was easily the worst movie of 2016. Yeah these clowns are idiots but then again RT critics are generally wrong so its to be expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You're gross.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    No mention of Ghostbusters which was easily the worst movie of 2016. Yeah these clowns are idiots but then again RT critics are generally wrong so its to be expected.
    Let's not forget the guy who picked Warcraft at the beginning is the same genius who compared it to Super Mario Bros and gave Dragon Ball Evolution a 4/5, there's really little to be surprised about. None of the critics worthy of actual consideration bashed it that heavily, none of them were blown away by it either but didn't definitely consider it a candidate for a "worst films" list of 2016.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

I wouldn't call it the worst movie of 2016, but only because Zoolander 2 exists. THAT was a grinding, soul-crushing experience. Warcraft was merely awful.

I think the movie is more dissapointing than bad, considering the material and resources they had to make an epic fantasy flick. Out of all the problems, one of the biggest is how they tried to ''Hollywood-fy'' the movie (I know its not a real word). Trying to appeal to all audiences in which they had to make some cringeworthy stuff (the Lothar/Garona relationship). And spending to much time portraying the good orcs while the orcs we know from RTS have been mostly evil.

2016 has A LOT of bad movies though, so this movie had a lot of competition to avoid the Razzies. This is hardly the worst movie of the year, my pick is the Cabin Fever remake which is not only terrible but a huge insult to the original movie.

Don't say stuff like that, thats just rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I wouldn't call it the worst movie of 2016, but only because Zoolander 2 exists.
    Please, I could easily spit 15-16 movies out here flat out worse than Warcraft just released in 2016. Not only Warcraft wasn't the worst but it hardly belongs into a "worst movies" list at all. It was a promising gem that turned out into a pretty average product (mostly because of Universal's own fuck ups and a few evident script issues).