Poll: Favorite login music?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Favourite login music?

Simple question. Which login theme is your favourite from Vanilla through to Legion?

For me it's kind of a tie between MoP and WoD. If I had to pick one though between the two I'd say MoP just comes out on top.

Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-24 at 03:25 AM.

MoP was my fav, WoD was the worst imo, first time I ever changed login screen music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say exactly...but I love when Legion's theme hits this point okay the time stamp doesn't work....but starting at a 1:34

lol playing with in-game music

I cannot recall a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    lol playing with in-game music
    I play with music on all the time. Some of it is very well done.

Do you have a favourite login music or do you want to just poke fun at someone for listening to ingame music?

Wotlk = MoP> WoD= Legion >Bc = Vanilla> Cataclysm

They are all good, but some just do it better.

Cata > Warlords > Lich King > Pandaria > BC > Legion > Vanilla

Am I the only one hearing practically the same song from the first couple minutes of both (WOD/MOP). Are they supposed to be variations on the same theme?

Am I the only one hearing practically the same song from the first couple minutes of both (WOD/MOP). Are they supposed to be variations on the same theme?
    It's both variations of the Vanilla login screen music, "Legends of Azeroth" by Jason Hayes.

Yes. All of them variate on the Vanilla WoW theme at the start as kind of a throwback.

Sort of a whole "never forget where we came from" kind of vibe basically.

If you can not tell those 2 apart you might have clicked on the same one twice by mistake. They sound nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes. All of them variate on the Vanilla WoW theme at the start as kind of a throwback.

Sort of a whole "never forget where we came from" kind of vibe basically.
    That also made me laugh since this is about picking your favorite and they're all "the same song" (or variations of), but yeah i'm sure each composition is unique somehow. r-r-r-remix

I like that the music is fluid with its time signature although the more serene / ambient parts are usually my favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If you can not tell those 2 apart you might have clicked on the same one twice by mistake. They sound nothing alike.
    sorry pal

legion - 0:28
    WOD - 0:25
    MOP - 0:35
    cata - 1:45 (different topline)
    Wrath - 1:06
    tbc - 0:15
    vanilla - 0:20
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-08-24 at 03:59 AM.

That also made me laugh since this is about picking your favorite and they're all "the same song" (or variations of), but yeah i'm sure each composition is unique somehow. r-r-r-remix

I like that the music is fluid with its time signature although the more serene / ambient parts are usually my favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry pal

WOD - 0:25
    MOP - 0:35
    Only the first bit is the same sort of. The variation on Vanilla at the start is for nostalgic purposes.

MoP > TBC > Vanilla > WotLK > WoD > Legion > Cata for me. I absolutely hate Shattering, especially for intro part.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

They're all incredible to me. I have such fond memories hearing them all. If I had to pick just one, it'd be Burning Crusade. I think it took the bar Classic set a rung higher and is more enjoyable to listen completely through because it has less of the overt chanting of WoTLk's masterpiece. TBC is the goldilocks zone, if you will.

slight derail, but does anyone know the song from the legion cinematic trailer... the part that shows karazhan (khadgar speaks over the whole thing) as the bird flies from there toward broken isles.

WotLK, So goooood!!!! Fave expansion. Love everything, especially the music.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Imo WotLK's captured the theme of its respective expansion the best. Sindragosa's roar, for how much it's hated, also added to it a lot for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was slowing down my login process during Wrath, just to listen to the music. It was epic.

Second, but not far from the top, is TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC, Wrath, MoP for Top 3.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.