Best Race for Balance/Restoration in WoD?

I'm considering using my WoD pre-order boost to level up a Druid. I am interested in learning the Balance and Restoration specs, and wondering what Racial is going to be the best in WoD for min/maxing. Is it still going to be Troll, or is the 5% berserking nerf + snapshotting changes going to end that?

Ideally, I'd be spending equal time PvPing and Raiding. My guess would be Night Elf for Shadowmeld and the new +1% Crit/Haste passive?

Thank you for the feedback!

No one knows. Stop asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    No one knows. Stop asking.
    Well they already have DPS spreadsheets, data tables, and rankings over on the Warrior forums for WoD racials...I figured someone on the Druid forums might as well.

No one knows because no one knows anything about stat weights for a specific class/spec in WoD. There is literally no point in asking about it and any answer you get is going to be based off of anecdotal crap with no actual numbers to back it up.

Deleted
    Ehm. Im afraid that you are wrong . The best druid class is tauren. First off, an alliance boomkin is a bad boomkin and secondly, trolls are number 2 behind taurens in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    Ehm. Im afraid that you are wrong . The best druid class is tauren. First off, an alliance boomkin is a bad boomkin and secondly, trolls are number 2 behind taurens in everything.
    Not sure if you're talking purely damage, but I will go ahead and project some things here. For PVE tauren will not be better than troll even after the 5% nerf during the next tier because its 2% crit damage (not crit rating) and you will have very little crit the first tier making it very mediocre. If stat weights remained the same as this xpac, worgen would be best, followed by nelf, followed by troll, followed by tauren.

This is pure speculation just as the OP is asking for basically. You don't know what stat weights will be in WoD for Balance or Resto; we might even have significantly higher secondary stats relative to previous xpacs at the start with the upcoming gear changes. There's no point in worrying about it for 6 months until new xpac is released.

If the difference is minor enough, we'll all obviously be going tauren because they look the coolest :P

For PvP the best race will be Night Elf hands down if Shadowmeld doesn't get nerfed. It'll probably be one of the strongest racials if used correctly (already kind of is). Plus the other Alliance races will have stronger racials than Horde, so your partners will be stronger too.

As for PvE, doubt the difference will matter. But until we know what stats are best it'd be too hard to tell anyway. Again though, Night Elf will probably be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalltalk View Post
    Well they already have DPS spreadsheets, data tables, and rankings over on the Warrior forums for WoD racials...I figured someone on the Druid forums might as well.
    And it's all speculation, because there aren't any forumites with alpha access that can actually test stuff. Just because someone has data doesn't mean that data is accurate.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many people have said already from a max level point of view we can't be certain of anything. However from a leveling point of view, Troll will be fastest offering 5% inc exp from beasts (iirc) and NElf will allow you to aggro drop if you pull too many and it looks like you're going to die (highly likely if you're boosting the char to 90, and don't know how to play it).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    And it's all speculation, because there aren't any forumites with alpha access that can actually test stuff. Just because someone has data doesn't mean that data is accurate.
    This. Everything at this point is speculation. Just because someone has a fancy spreadsheet and big numbers doesn't make them factual. Currently, we don't know stat weights at level 100 or how they will rework second stats to make them all "roughly-equally" appealing (like they said they would, considering the removal of reforging).
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Not to mention that the numbers are going to change every other beta patch, so even if they had accurate information now, it would still be worthless.

Right now, looks like troll wins, but readiness will lower the value of troll berserking a lot, crit will incrase the value of tauren's crit damage... and numbers are still going to be subject to change :O