So does anyone have any idea of WoW's current (post-ESO) sub numbers?

I'm just asking, since servers feel more deserted than usual and my google skills come up with nothing.

Mod-note: Thread has been locked, there's another thread about the topic as well.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-25 at 08:17 AM.

Nothing current until the conference call on the 6th of May :

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm
    http://www.media-server.com/m/p/6tsuqorh

And even that's no guarantee of subscriber numbers been given as they technically don't need to let their investors know that. They include it for bragging rights more then anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers post-TESO won't be revealed until August.

95% probability that the rate subscription adoptions will be unchanged; another 250k people will subscribe just like the last quarter.

The next numbers call will be for 1st quarter results (Jan > March) - so we will not get "post ESO" numbers till next quarter. (End of June... so 1st week July announcement)

Also keep in mind that Blizz (as usual) released WoD Digital pre-buy specials allowing mounts + Level 90 boost during March just to get subs up for that quarter - so it will be higher for that reason too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing both right now, so...
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see ESO taking very many subs from WoW, Wildstar may make a dent but WoD is just gonna make everyone come back lol..

How would ANYONE suddenly know about present subscription numbers before Blizzard gives us the answer? I bet 'more empty than usual' is your wishful thinking, the hype around ESO committed suicide when they revealed the subscription fee. We'll have to wait for quite a while to get those numbers.

As others have said the sub numbers are not out yet, however my feeling is that it is too early for ESO to have any effect, if it is going to have an effect, on subs. I think the majority of players who try ESO will not bother to cancel their WOW sub whilst they do so and it will only be if they find themselves playing ESO more than WOW in a month or two's time that they drop their sub in favour of ESO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread has been locked,

there's another thread about the topic as well.

Though, if you are curious, the details for the quarterly call is located in my signature.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..