Frost T16 4P bonus yay or nay?

Hello fellow mages!
    Should i keep 4P whit raid finder Tier head or change to my new flex garrosh head?

Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Moali/simple

New head http://www.wowhead.com/item=104900

Is the T16 4P worth having? I mean when i look on my dps meter on fights it feels really low in dmg, maybe haste + mastery should give me more dps?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you try reading the frost guides on this forum?

I know its fallen down a couple threads, but its still on the 1st page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t(Advanced)V-2

To be fair, that guide doesn't cover ilevels between LFR and flex.

I -personally- would not drop frost 4pc for one single increased ilevel piece of gear at that ilevel. The 4pc's damage doesn't scale well with ilevel so at lower levels it's a bit better than it is at the top end, and I would keep it until obtaining 2 or more pieces with higher ilevel than the tier pieces.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

If i would have found a good answer in the guides i woulden't have made this thread =)

Okay Citrique, will keep the 4set until i score another upgrade =)

Deleted
    the guide says to drop the 4 pc if you have wf haste/mastery pieces, the flex helm is better than the lfr tier by quite some way, 12 ilvls and haste/mastery. But and a big but, it depends on what legs you have as shoulders/gloves are the tier pieces to use out of the 5.

Also at your breakpoint, may i suggest using NT over living bomb as you're on + 2 pn living bomb and +7 on NT. I believe the 2 are only interchangeable at 9 and 18.9K breakpoints (someone correct me if im wrong here)

The 4pc bonus is 1-1.5% DPS increase, which corresponds to around 14-20 ilvls on a head slot. Since your upgrade is only 12 ilvls, it's not worth breaking the bonus yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
    the guide says to drop the 4 pc if you have wf haste/mastery pieces, the flex helm is better than the lfr tier by quite some way, 12 ilvls and haste/mastery. But and a big but, it depends on what legs you have as shoulders/gloves are the tier pieces to use out of the 5.

Also at your breakpoint, may i suggest using NT over living bomb as you're on + 2 pn living bomb and +7 on NT. I believe the 2 are only interchangeable at 9 and 18.9K breakpoints (someone correct me if im wrong here)
    NT never beats LB on single target damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    NT never beats LB on single target damage.
    I thought guys playing with like 22k+ haste used NT always because it yielded more BF procs? Could be wrong i just remember some Akraen math a while back about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennsson View Post
    If i would have found a good answer in the guides i woulden't have made this thread =)

Okay Citrique, will keep the 4set until i score another upgrade =)
    You need 3 off pieces of a higher tier to beat out 4 pc. So if you have 4pc flex you need 3 normal, better optimized pieces to beat out the 4pc. Or if you have normal 4pc you need 3 WF.

I was also wondering about the 4pc set as well.

I currently have the HWF shoulders of H Norushen on but i also have the HWF haste/mastery pants off Iron Juggernaut. I noticed you mentioned that 3WF pieces were needed to beat out the normalized tier bonus. so with having some regular H items equipped, the HWF shoulders and then adding the last HWF piece on, would that beat out the dps increase from the 4pc?

thanks for any information. First time posting, so will not let me link armory. Please look up Archimango - Kirin-Tor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimango View Post
    I was also wondering about the 4pc set as well.

I currently have the HWF shoulders of H Norushen on but i also have the HWF haste/mastery pants off Iron Juggernaut. I noticed you mentioned that 3WF pieces were needed to beat out the normalized tier bonus. so with having some regular H items equipped, the HWF shoulders and then adding the last HWF piece on, would that beat out the dps increase from the 4pc?

thanks for any information. First time posting, so will not let me link armory. Please look up Archimango - Kirin-Tor
    Basically what tickspoon said a little up above (although I'd argue that 4p is in the 1.5-2.0% range). It'll likely be a small DPS gain, especially since the 4p has some real bad RNG issues - extra stats from WF give you extra damage in flat percentages. That said, the difference should be unnoticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimango View Post
    Arch, I know it's your first time posting, but please check the timestamps before posting. This was dated almost 2 months ago, so this is considered necroing (which is against the rules, but you won't be infracted for it), unless there was a pressing need to revive this.

If you need specific/personal help, the Help My Gear/Help My DPS stickies at the top can definitely help, and if you have a spec-specific question about Live, the spec-specific stickies will suit you as well.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Arch, I know it's your first time posting, but please check the timestamps before posting. This was dated almost 2 months ago, so this is considered necroing (which is against the rules, but you won't be infracted for it), unless there was a pressing need to revive this.

If you need specific/personal help, the Help My Gear/Help My DPS stickies at the top can definitely help, and if you have a spec-specific question about Live, the spec-specific stickies will suit you as well.
    It's still relevant, so it's not such a bad thing as making a new thread to ask the same thing.. He actually had to search the forums for this as it is suggested before making a new thread. Not that you are wrong about asking this in the help threads or spec guides.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's still relevant, so it's not such a bad thing as making a new thread to ask the same thing.. He actually had to search the forums for this as it is suggested before making a new thread. Not that you are wrong about asking this in the help threads or spec guides.
    *Shrug* It seemed more like a "ask the Frost thread" rather than "necro a 2 month old thread", but I was more or less just showing the new guy the ropes around here since I know how angry Voltaa gets when dupe threads are made... (More or less just preventative... precautions)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *Shrug* It seemed more like a "ask the Frost thread" rather than "necro a 2 month old thread", but I was more or less just showing the new guy the ropes around here since I know how angry Voltaa gets when dupe threads are made... (More or less just preventative... precautions)
    Isn't backseat moderating against the rules as well?

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Isn't backseat moderating against the rules as well?
    True, but helping others ain't. Also as we once again fell off-topic and no relevant posts in days. Will close this up. If you want to have more chats about this topic, use any of the frost guides or help my gear/help my dps threads.

Thread closed.