10+ Year Old Account

What to do to start PvPing this patch?

Hi all. I've been a PvE player all of this expansion. It appears that my gear is scaled down to 540 ilvl in battlegrounds so I don't see much point spending my honour on 522 gear. Should I just tank out arena? I can mechanically still screw some people because I used to full on PvP but that was in Cataclysm. I'm really unsure of what to do with gear right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    Hi all. I've been a PvE player all of this expansion. It appears that my gear is scaled down to 540 ilvl in battlegrounds so I don't see much point spending my honour on 522 gear. Should I just tank out arena? I can mechanically still screw some people because I used to full on PvP but that was in Cataclysm. I'm really unsure of what to do with gear right now.
    /uninstall.

No but seriously just don't. If you are going to attempt to PvP in the broken CC filled mess that is PvP you're going to want PvP gear. Being a tank means literally nothing anymore. Unless you're a blood dk, but even then I am unsure how bad they are with the arena fatigue or what not.

Get a full set of PvP gear and try it. I personally couldn't stand it. All I did if I wasn't in my bubble / trinket was on cd was sit in constant CC. That was a twos though. The PvP has been on the messed up side all expansion. If you even want to try it, like I said, get the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Get a full set of PvP gear and try it.
    But what PvP gear? The 522 honour, some crafted gear or attempt to get conquest gear?

Deleted
    spam arenas for 550 gear, the 522 is useless because anyone has full 550 already.
    just spam arenas, even if you don't have gear. at some point, your mmr will be so low, that your enemies are either bots or people with even worse gear ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by birday View Post
    spam arenas for 550 gear, the 522 is useless because anyone has full 550 already.
    just spam arenas, even if you don't have gear. at some point, your mmr will be so low, that your enemies are either bots or people with even worse gear ;-)
    Ok thanks. I'm a heroic raider with 583 ilvl if that helps LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Spam hc dungeons for justice, shouldn't be a problem since you're a high ilvl tank, convert to honor. So much quicker than farming bgs. Then arena ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Spam hc dungeons for justice, shouldn't be a problem since you're a high ilvl tank, convert to honor. So much quicker than farming bgs. Then arena ofc.
    Thank you. Quick, simple and effective response.

do dungeons for jp then turn 500 jp for 250 honor, and do celestials every week on reset with a coin

Deleted
    Just don't try it at all, just DON'T. Pvp is such a mess right now that not participating will save you a lot of frustration. Unless you play one of the op classes/combos don't even try to step into arena, bg's is an even bigger mess, you'll meet full geared premades (mostly Russians these days) dominating your entire under-geared team.
    Don't get me wrong i used to love to pvp but right now its such a mess that i don't know why it still exists.

I'll echo the same sentiments as the above poster, just DON'T. I speak from experience coming back after 6 months gone, and having not PvP'd in over a year... There are a few classes right now stomping all over everyone else(Warlock/WW) and Hybrids are running around like Gods, being the end of an xpac with a "buy a toon" feature they are all running rampant. Regular BGs are an infuriating mess as always, the usual 5v1 situation with spam CC and rampant random AoE. Arenas are much the same right now, CC rules and end you quick.

In general because of this it will take you till they release WoD to get enough gear to not die in 3 seconds, just... Don't. Save yourself the mental anguish and stay away.

Deleted
    don't listen to those. once you got good gear, it's really fun, no matter which class you play. just don't be bad.
    at least in battlegrounds. i personally don't care about arena so i can't say much about arenas, i only go for cap there.

I enjoy it personally, as someone who primarily raided in the past. Jump into arena 2v2 and just grind out some conquest points. Due to the catchup system you can earn something silly like 18k (i think at the moment) before you cap, meaning you can fix that gear issue pretty quickly. The weapon is pretty important due to the massive PVP power they give.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

get your 4 set, trinket, and try finding a buddy to spam two's with. pretty quick way to get gear