Deleted

WoW event-Treasure hunt

Would be so cool if Blizzard hides a chest with 100k g somewhere in world (on any place thats accesable) .On each server chest would be hidden on totally different place.And anyone can open it when he/she finds and take gold.

Then again it wouldn't, as you could just fly around and scan for a chest, land on and loot.

Deleted
    it could be under the water ,in the cave ,in some sort of building ...basicly anywhere in whole world and thats 5 big continents ....flying mounts wouldnt make it easy.It would still be pretty hard to find a chest if they hide it well ,and it would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alek13alek View Post
    it could be under the water ,in the cave ,in some sort of building ...basicly anywhere in whole world and thats 5 big continents ....flying mounts wouldnt make it easy.It would still be pretty hard to find a chest if they hide it well ,and it would be a lot of fun.
    until all the possible locations were datamined, made into a tomtom macro and then exploited.

Would be doubly bad because lower population realms would have less competition.

Deleted
    it would be fine population wise ,after connecting realms is done...and I am sure Blizzard could prevent exploiting

3rd party scanning, even easier

Deleted
    but anways ,Blizzard would spend minimal time organizing it ,and it would be tons of fun no matter exploiting ,population problems....

Deleted
    no, because it would cost a raid tier!

Seriously though, it would be data-mind, Modded and abused within hours of going live, you would have the hackers quite literally teleporting from location to location just to get a chance of it.

No, too easily exploitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

It would be totally awesome, for one person per server. For everyone else, it would be either meaningless or downright annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by alek13alek View Post
    ...and I am sure Blizzard could prevent exploiting
    I lol'd.

OT: They do have ways of slipping stuff into the game files that could mostly go unnoticed, but the risk of it being noticed and exploited in any way is too great to risk the potential uproar of "not fair" whiners. It would be all flash and no bang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Treasure hunts are fun. Been part in many of them. One person hides and the one who finds them gets the 100k for example, or less if the host is poor or miserly. Nameplates make it easier than finding a chest, though. And especially targeting macros if the name is known.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It would be awesome for something like that to happen. It'd bring people out into the world, could create some more player rivalry on your realm and would be awesome if you're the one to claim the treasure

Considering that we have gold sinks for a reason (repairing armor, etc), I feel as though Blizzard wouldn't willingly give 100k gold out to a lucky winner.

Deleted
    gold farming is not that hard, true it would be fun to fly around gathering chests of 100k gold but it might get old quite quickly

plus ah prices would skyrocket, would not be fair to those that cant get those chests as they just returned to the game or are just still too low level to go all around the world

if they would make another treasure hunt like they done in mop for wod id be happy