Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't start as Orc supremacy. He wanted everyone to subdue to his methods, the other leaders didn't agree and said fuck him, then he decided to shove them aside, which was basicly his downfall, his methods. Also don't give me that bullshit about ruined character, get outa here with that. He has been build on warmongering and conquest. His downfall was deliberate and obvious the first momment that Vol'Jin spat on his face during that starting Area vision.

Hes still a character that made things happen atleast, which is refreshing because half the racial leaders are freaking boring. Though I like Vol'jin and Lor'themar.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-07-11 at 08:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I don't appreciate his destruction of all the progress the orcs had since WcIII in terms of going back to their roots and trying to be one with the world, but I guess I kind of appreciate his drive and his passion for making the world perfect for the Orcs, even if it made him go full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    his people are the orcs, per se. whose fault is it that the other faction leaders didnt want to kneel to a someone that would bring them into the age of horde supremacy?
    That Horde died long ago at the end of the 2nd war. OUR Horde was created by Thrall and values each other equally. All free, working together, like a family. I would rather be defeated with my Pride and brothers at my side, then be victorious in servitude. BTW how did that supremacy work out in SoO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    He didn't start as Orc supremacy. He wanted everyone to subdue to his methods, the other leaders didn't agree and said fuck him, then he decided to shove them aside, which was basicly his downfall, his methods. Also don't give me that bullshit about ruined character, get outa here with that. He has been build on warmongering and conquest. His downfall was deliberate and obvious the first momment that Vol'Jin spat on his face during that starting Area vision.

Hes still a character that made things happen atleast, which is refreshing because half the racial leaders are freaking boring. Though I like Vol'jin and Lor'themar.
    The second you start asking other races to "subdue" to you, you've lost. The Horde has always been an Alliance of necessity, not tyranny. Garrosh went the tyrant route and got what he deserved.

And I'll give you the heavy-handed character development bit every day of the week. All the progress Garrosh had in Cataclysm of learning from his mistakes and emotions went down the drain when Blizzard decided he'd be the boss.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    That Horde died long ago at the end of the 2nd war. OUR Horde was created by Thrall and values each other equally. All free, working together, like a family. I would rather be defeated with my Pride and brothers at my side, then be victorious in servitude. BTW how did that supremacy work out in SoO?
    would of gotten away with it if it wasnt for those pesky raiders! Im more of conquering so I woudl side with garrosh the other leaders just didnt have to balls to crack some eggs to make a world domination omelet

How do you think Garrosh should have been written in MoP?

Personally, I think that Garrosh should have been more obvious with wanting to help his people in his own way, but would be full of uncertainty and doubt, but hide it under a facade of stregnth. That is, until he finds Y'Shaarj's Heart, filling Garrosh with misguided pride and basically going "You know what? Screw what the other races and leaders think. I'll do what I want!" He gets purified when he gets defeated.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The issue with Garrosh was, that it completely disregarded and ruined *all* the work and story regarding the orcs and their reclaimed honor and the whole concept of "good orcs", that Blizzard started with Warcraft 3 and, more or less, ended with Wotlk, which seems like a strange thing to do.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Garrosh was pretty much the big picture result of what happens when you give the wrong individual too much power - they surround themselves with people that serve only to echo their own arguments back to them in agreement, and proceed to act on those arguments no matter how wrongheaded they prove to be. The saddest thing, at least in my eyes, is that Garrosh recognized his own lack of ability as soon as Thrall tried to hand him the reins of power and promote him to Warchief. Garrosh would've potentially made a fine general, his own bullheadedness and less-than-subtle racism kept in check by more practical and wiser superiors. In a way he's the Horde echo of Garithos, although circumstance allowed him to make more of a mess for the Horde than Garithos ever dreamed of making for the Alliance.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I liked Cata Garrosh. I don't like the direction they took his character with MoP though.
    His appearance in Stonetalon was the weird direction, unfortunately. If you step into the first Horde base of Borean Tundra you immediately see the Garrosh from MoP and Saurfang talking about how he's "going to take us down the same path as his father..."

I can see appreciation for Cataclysm-era Garrosh, but where the canon took him in Mists, you're literally "appreciating" a Hitler analogy.

Appreciate his potential all you want, but if you're appreciating his current state, you might need to reevaluate.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    His appearance in Stonetalon was the weird direction, unfortunately. If you step into the first Horde base of Borean Tundra you immediately see the Garrosh from MoP and Saurfang talking about how he's "going to take us down the same path as his father..."
    Not only was it the wierd direction, but according to Kosak, 9/10 players completely misinterpreted the Stonetalon event; Garrosh wasn't mad about the bombing of night elves, he was mad that the bomb was used on something better.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Honestly, he was written well until MOP. He was one of the few leaders that wasnt so... one dimensional. He valued victory on the battlefield, but still praised honor. During cata, when he killed a general for killing innocent druids was really amazing, that was the true definition of honor. I liked that he made stupid mistakes due to his anger of the alliance, that was part of his characterization, and gave him a flaw, which did not make him boring like half of the faction leaders.

Until blizzard wrote him into the most singular dimensional character ever. Honestly, they could have done more with his character.
    I agree with this completely. I thought Cata Garrosh was a much better faction leader than Thrall ever was. He was an Orc that valued honour greatly and was not some character that seemingly had absolutely no flaw about him whatsoever. Then in MoP they hit him so hard with making him completely evil, it completely destroyed his character.

The only real thing I hated about Garrosh (prior to MoP) was where he was/is positioned; but thats something else entirely.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2014-07-11 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic Campfire was more likeable and more consistently written, tbh.
    Look! Words!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Basic Campfire was more likeable and more consistently written, tbh.
    And a better cook!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And a better cook!
    This reminds me of something from the ASoIaF books (Game of Thrones).
    Spoilers ahead, this hasn't happened in the show yet!

Stannis ground his teeth. “It is not my wish to tamper with your rights and traditions. As to royal guidance, Janos, if you mean that I ought to tell your brothers to choose you, have the courage to say so.”
    That took Lord Janos aback. He smiled uncertainly and began to sweat, but Bowen Marsh beside him said, “Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?”
    “Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.” The look the king gave Slynt was cold.

Just replace a few names and you can have this exact scene.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2014-07-13 at 06:01 PM.