Keyboard issue (executing only ~40% of keystrokes)

Hello Fellow MMO-ers,

First of all, I am not entirely sure if I am in the right sub forum, since it's not really and interfaces issue. Anyway, after having had a break of about 5 months from WoW I decided to come back to prepare for WoD. Regardless of how far over the horizon it still is .

So, I activate my subscription again log in and try to play. However to my surprise for some reason about 40% of my keystrokes in game does either not get registered or just not executed for some reason. I say registered OR executed because this only seems to be the case for character controlling functions like wsad for moving and 1 to = for skills (taking factory default keybindings here for example purposes).

lets say I want to move left and hit "a" it may take me up to 5 keystrokes on "a" before it will actually execute "a". However if I manage to open the chat window, again after like 5 attemts of hitting enter, I can type without any keystroke being missed.

I hope I have explained the issue clearly because it is driving me crazy and the game is unplayable like this because you cant keep up a decent rotation or heal if every hit is just a gamble.

To further clearify:

-game is completely default no add-ons whatsoever.
    -laptop drivers ar all up to date.
    -happens on all characters.
    -restart won't fix problem.
    -reboot won't fix problem.
    -blizzard won't fix problem -> already contacted them and they say they can't help me any further because they want to shove it off onto my keyboard, their techincal servica can only help so far because they cannot see or test it themselves.
    -ONLY wow has this issue
    -reinstalling did not fix it either.

laptop specifications:
    http://www.bol.com/nl/p/medion-eraze...0000014952383/
    I know it's a dutch site, but well specs are specs .

If any of you have a solution to this problem, you will get a notification on my last will!!!

Kind regards,
    Orash

Edit; typo's
    Last edited by Orash; 2014-07-19 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    no offence to anyone, but asking advice about girls on a WoW forum is not a good idea

Do you use some 3rd party stuff like AutoHotkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Do you use some 3rd party stuff like AutoHotkey?
    Nope, Like I said, I have no add-ons what-so-ever installed.
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.
    no offence to anyone, but asking advice about girls on a WoW forum is not a good idea

What latency does wow report?

You know, that is actually a very good question. Let me get back on that as soon as I have been able to start the game!

edit;

35ms Home
    21ms World
    Last edited by Orash; 2014-07-19 at 03:06 PM.

Have you tried messing with all the settings, such as enabling/disabling Reduce Input Lag, or changing from Directx 11 to 9 or from 9 to 11? Those are just examples, try messing with most of the settings, testing for any behavior changes between each setting.

Do you have or could borrow a usb keyboard you could use temporarily to test if it is related to the laptops keyboard or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylline View Post
    Have you tried messing with all the settings, such as enabling/disabling Reduce Input Lag, or changing from Directx 11 to 9 or from 9 to 11? Those are just examples, try messing with most of the settings, testing for any behavior changes between each setting.
    I will try this later, the thing is this was never an issue before. Has anything notable change since januari in these options?

Do you have or could borrow a usb keyboard you could use temporarily to test if it is related to the laptops keyboard or not?
    I will try this when I have gotten a spare one from someone! Thanks for the replies!

Deleted
    I'm thinking those windows keyboard "help"-features for handicapped are turned on for some reason. Dunno what's their real name, i don't use english windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Orash View Post
    I will try this later, the thing is this was never an issue before. Has anything notable change since januari in these options?
    I doubt there were any changes, but it's worth a shot. If these don't work, you can also try changing the Custom Lag Tolerance and Cast action keybinds on key down from Interface>Combat, even though I don't think they're related at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'm thinking those windows keyboard "help"-features for handicapped are turned on for some reason. Dunno what's their real name, i don't use english windows.
    I don't think that's the case, considering he said it only happens in WoW.

I'm off for now, I will keep you guys updated as well, there might be other persons having the same issue hoping to find a fix later on

I am pretty sure this will turn out to be a hardware or software problem on your end, I fear, because this is the sort of problem that *everyone* will talk about when they have it. Because, y'know, can't really play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylline View Post
    I doubt there were any changes, but it's worth a shot. If these don't work, you can also try changing the Custom Lag Tolerance and Cast action keybinds on key down from Interface>Combat, even though I don't think they're related at all.

I don't think that's the case, considering he said it only happens in WoW.
    Tried it out, and to no avail

Also this almost cannot be related to my hardware, or software (besides wow).
    I'll explain again why:

This issue is only happening during actions related to my character and when trying to open the chat window.

However once I have managed to get the chat window open, chatting itself goes without a single keystroke fail.
    Adding even more confusion to my problem

This could caused by an overclock, specially if you use on the fly adjusable overclocking settings (ASUS AISuite), since wow only reads your CPU speed at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by Resike View Post
    This could caused by an overclock, specially if you use on the fly adjusable overclocking settings (ASUS AISuite), since wow only reads your CPU speed at startup.
    I'm affraid that cant be the issue either since my laptop is stock. Not modded in any way.

Thanks again for the help all . This is a hard one

You should check to see if Windows has "Bounce Keys", "Repeat Keys" or "Slow Keys" on at all.

Additionally you might want to try loading WoW as an administrator in Windows as this has helped some others with issues with keyboard strokes or mouse clicks not working.